Your Bond Collection

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I used to have that very edition of DR NO. Love his green face.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    They don't make 'em like they used to. The modern covers are mostly dull by comparison. Though there was a really nice edition of the Fleming books in hard back, a few years ago. I missed the opportunity to pick them up at the time, it doesn't surprise me that the price on them has gone up.
    I love making finds like that. I used to find Bond books all the time in such shops but don't a lot anymore, although I did pick up an FYEO from when the movie was released that had a more modern-looking Bond on the cover.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    So I had a job interview a couple of weeks ago and...I didn't get the job. This was a blow, as I'd have really enjoyed it and been good at it (IMHO).

However, it was at Vintage, who publish Fleming, and at the end of the interview they thanked me for coming and asked if I wanted any books to take home. Obviously I asked for Bond, and they gave me this, grabbing it right off a display stand for me, before its official publication date:

240248_original.jpg

This is the best thing I've ever got out of an interview that wasn't a job (though I still wish I'd got the job), and an item I'll enjoy having in my collection because it's got a story behind it!
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    So I had a job interview a couple of weeks ago and...I didn't get the job. This was a blow, as I'd have really enjoyed it and been good at it (IMHO).

However, it was at Vintage, who publish Fleming, and at the end of the interview they thanked me for coming and asked if I wanted any books to take home. Obviously I asked for Bond, and they gave me this, grabbing it right off a display stand for me, before its official publication date:

240248_original.jpg

This is the best thing I've ever got out of an interview that wasn't a job (though I still wish I'd got the job), and an item I'll enjoy having in my collection because it's got a story behind it!

Sorry to hear about the interview, @Agent_99. What job position was it?
    «You're out of luck, Dr. No»? Do they use a quote on the cover? Looks really nice. Love the typography!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited April 2018 Posts: 2,535
    Please, @Agent_99 Could you show us the front (or the back!)? ;) (Sorry about the job)
    Here's front (white) and back (black) covers.

And thanks for the good wishes! It was a role rewriting book descriptions and adding keywords to make their back catalogue more discoverable on Amazon. Would have been right up my geeky street; I hope something similar (or better) comes along soon!

240566_original.jpg
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thanks! They are really changing the style, aren't they?

20988875_1418389308250598_2842145179418298868_o.jpg
    This one is from a series called 'Vintage Heroes and Villains', which also includes Dracula, Brighton Rock and The Thirty-Nine Steps amongst others, so they might still bring out Dr No in the style of the covers above as well. I hope so because the designs are really beautiful!
    I love the LALD one.
    Here's front (white) and back (black) covers.

And thanks for the good wishes! It was a role rewriting book descriptions and adding keywords to make their back catalogue more discoverable on Amazon. Would have been right up my geeky street; I hope something similar (or better) comes along soon!

240566_original.jpg

That sound like a job for every fan of books! Hope something as good comes your way! :)
    Do you know when these books like the one you got will be released?
    Thanks, @Torgeirtrap!

Amazon says release date is today, but doesn't seem to have any for sale except through third parties: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Heroes-Villains-Vintage-Villians/dp/1784873756
    Thanks, @Torgeirtrap!

Amazon says release date is today, but doesn't seem to have any for sale except through third parties: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Heroes-Villains-Vintage-Villians/dp/1784873756

Thanks for the link! I have that bookmarked, so I can get it later! :)

Many 60s 70s pr stills , very rare :)
    Well? At present the extension is roughly 5 or 6 weeks from completion! So it is a little bit like the Jumanji drums the kids hear in the attic! Lol! The collection is getting anxious to burst out into the world again! Really looking forward to sharing it with you guys and gals on here!
  • GosseDrentGosseDrent Utrecht, the Netherlands
    It's quite a collection, so here is an Imgur link.
    I began the collection when I was about 8 years old, in 2007. Now I'm 19, just bought my first suit and wearing 007 ties :) Really happy with it.

https://imgur.com/a/8lT0E
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    I began the collection when I was about 8 years old, in 2007. Now I'm 19, just bought my first suit and wearing 007 ties :) Really happy with it.

Great collection. Love the Bond passports and the 'El Toro' ID badge!
    Has anyone in the UK found a Bond 10p? Haven't found any of different ones yet never mind Bond
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Nope, not here.

Nice collection! Is that a real Rolleiflex camera you have there?
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 19,339

That is a brilliant collection,talk about dedicated.

I love the passports and the Torro military pass,is the 2nd one ConneryBond or CraigBond,I cant make it out ?

Alan007 wrote: »
    Has anyone in the UK found a Bond 10p? Haven't found any of different ones yet never mind Bond

A kind friend ordered one from the Royal Mint website and sent it to me as a surprise! I've not found any of the alphabet ones in my change yet.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 684
    51CWJNB2BYL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Got this in the mail today. Really looking forward to reading it. On Saturday I will wake up mid-morning and make a nice plate of scrambled eggs and a big pot of coffee. If the weather holds, this will be the warmest day of the year so far. On my patio I will sit down and over breakfast, to begin with, start reading. I will keep the coffee coming until I've inspected each of this little tome's 249 pages. After that I think I'll take a nap, have a workout (some sprints in the park probably) and come home where in the evening I shall crack open the windows and throw on the film itself (SE DVD, naturally), which will begin my spring Bondathon.
  • Strog wrote: »
    Got this in the mail today. Really looking forward to reading it. On Saturday I will wake up mid-morning and make a nice plate of scrambled eggs and a big pot of coffee. If the weather holds, this will be the warmest day of the year so far. On my patio I will sit down and over breakfast, to begin with, start reading. I will keep the coffee coming until I've inspected each of this little tome's 249 pages. After that I think I'll take a nap, have a workout (some sprints in the park probably) and come home where in the evening I shall crack open the windows and throw on the film itself (SE DVD, naturally), which will begin my spring Bondathon.

I don't think you could have a more perfect Saturday planned. I wish your Saturday were my Saturday!
    Strog wrote: »

I don't think you could have a more perfect Saturday planned. I wish your Saturday were my Saturday!

Same here but green tea instead of coffee,and I would have to have some drinkies while watching GF.

Same. There's nothing like saving up a special book and really savouring it. Enjoy!
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 684
    Let's not speak too soon. It may rain, the coffee might leech moldy spores, the book might suck, I might break my leg sprinting (then again I would in the mud), cracking open the windows could let in a Big Bug, and I might throw on GF to discover Frobe's undubbed voice coming through.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Same here but green tea instead of coffee,and I would have to have some drinkies while watching GF.
    Afraid the only Bond film that drives me to drink is DAD.
    Same. There's nothing like saving up a special book and really savouring it. Enjoy!
    Agreed. And same thing with a film, to an extent. Double the power when you save a pair of them up!
    Funny you should say that. DAD will be part of my next Get Drunk & Shout At Pierce Brosnan Movie Night, which will be a special occasion indeed.
    Get Drunk & Shout At Pierce Brosnan Movie Night
    If its a success, local cinemas could soon be hosting such events all over the country.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Strog wrote: »
    Let's not speak too soon. It may rain, the coffee might leech moldy spores, the book might suck, I might break my leg sprinting (then again I would in the mud), cracking open the windows could let in a Big Bug, and I might throw on GF to discover Frobe's undubbed voice coming through.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Afraid the only Bond film that drives me to drink is DAD.
    Agreed. And same thing with a film, to an extent. Double the power when you save a pair of them up!

You seem like a, 'glass half empty' kind of chap @Strog .....!