Most Underrated Film

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,686
    'Breaking News' - high octane action/crime film from Honk-Kong by master director Johnnie To !

'PTU' - another marvellous crime film from Hong-Kong by Johnnie To

'Attack the Gas Station!' - Completly crazy and epic film from South Korea - a bunch of bored kids decide to attack a gas station and then chaos takes place for the rest of the night while the kids hold their fort !

'The Chaser' - masterpiece from South Korea. Amazing gruesome crime/drama/horror film. Not for the weak heart.

'Pontypool' - amazing low-budget horror film from Canada. One of the most original film of the last 10 years.

'After the Wedding' - very, very good drama from Denmark by director Suzanne Bier... and probably the best performance in the career of Mads Mikkelsen !

'Adam's Apples' - amazing film from Denmark too, also with Mikkelsen - lots of black/surreal humour. A true masterpiece from Denmark IMO.
    Crank, Transporter-series, Die Hard, Rambo and Red Heat are a couple of underrated movies.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited March 2012 Posts: 2,635
    That cover of "The Cabel Guy" reminds me somehow from Slyck Clyde from the game Vigilante 8... :-?

Agreed with @007RogerMoore in Transporter Series. Epic series.

Die Hard 4.0, one of the bests from Bruce Willis.

Also, this thread can't be taken serious if there's not one of the most f**king Rockin ultra mega power super Duke Nukemering master holy Chuck Norresing plus advanced master blaster James Bondering highly hiper full HD best movie of all times...

a1c40e116dc41eaa2ef9a3ca90c374a1.jpg

THIS MOVIE FORKIN ROCKS!!! Can't wait for TE2.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    They need to drop the title The Expendables 2 and just have the film named Every Badass In Any Badass Film As Any Badass Character Ever. It'd be hell on advertisements though. :D
    "Ride the High Country" 1962 with Randolph Scott, Joel McCrea, and directed by
    Sam Peckingpah
    Cant wait to see this........
    expendables_poster_big.jpg
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    WTF, there is a girl on the middle of the guys lmao
  • A movie I always really liked which EVERYONE hated was Kevin Costner's "The Postman."
    Always thought it was unfairly criticized. It has a good story, it's exciting, well-acted, the music is good, and...Tom Petty appears in it!!
  • @X3MSonicX Maybe this one is more to your liking then:

20120114-163153.jpg
    @X3MSonicX Maybe this one is more to your liking then:

20120114-163153.jpg

have to say i am looking forward to this! Wasn't sure about the first until i saw the opening scenes when bodyparts were going everywhere! :O I was like ok! I can watch this! Great fun! So i will be getting a ticket for this! :-bd
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    03020667842.jpg
    This film is getting praise in the General Actor/Actress discussion currently discussing Jack Black. I love this film, and it is one of my favorite films to watch around the Christmas Holiday. Jack branches out and does brilliant serious acting while stilling being the same quirky guy we all know and love. Jude Law as always is spectacular, and a true gentleman alongside Cameron Diaz who impresses, and of course the one and only Kate Winslet. That talented stunner is my dream Bond girl hands down. Add in Hans Zimmer's brilliance musical mind and it is a match made in heaven. The film is great to watch with those you love, and you get such a warm feeling as the credits role and you appreciate your family and friends all the more. It's a film that can move you, and that is quite a great power cinema has always had on me.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    jolearon wrote:
    Cant wait to see this........
    expendables_poster_big.jpg

Too much testosterone... going... to... explode.

P.S. Arnold looks like such a badass!

P.P.S. Who the hell is the chick and why is she so worthy of being surrounded by so much awesomeness?
    Too much testosterone... going... to... explode.

P.S. Arnold looks like such a badass!

P.P.S. Who the hell is the chick and why is she so worthy of being surrounded by so much awesomeness?

A girl shooting in an action movie? it Rocks. Women that uses weapons are sexy :P
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    robin_hood_2010_poster.jpg

I feel this movie got some harsh criticisms when it was first released and I'm ashamed to say I was one of those people. To me it just wasn't Robin Hood and that was something I wasn't expecting. After watching it again, I came to actually love this movie! If you've only seen it once and hated it, do yourself a favor and watch it again; this time you'll know what to expect.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @X3MSonicX Maybe this one is more to your liking then:

20120114-163153.jpg

Holy sh*t, it's so awesome I'm gonna die!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,637
    River girl aka Donna del fiume
    Houseboat
    The Key
    Millionairess
    Madame sans Gene '62
    Ghosts Italian Style
    For Pete's Sake
    Scars of Dracula
    Horror Express
    Masters of Universe
    Delta Force
    T3 (just wasn't up to Camerons standard)
    Piranha '78
    Speed 2
    Mortal Kombat
    Dirty Harry sequels
    Police Academy sequels (they can be chuckle-worthy)
    The Mask (never seen Son of Mask.........bring back Carrey for a sequel !)
    Speed 2 is so bad. It's almost worse than DAD... lol
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Spielberg's "Munich".

Granted, it went on to receive a few Academy Award nominations, but it's my favorite movie of all time, and I never, ever hear anyone speak of it, unless it's a friend of mine that I had watch it with me. Totally underrated movie.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Tracy wrote:
    The Mask (never seen Son of Mask.........bring back Carrey for a sequel !)

Keep it that way. I've seen it and it's dreadful in ways that words can't describe. If there is ever going to be another Mask film, I think it should be a reboot and stick close to the original comics.
    Dumb and Dumber.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    the_prestige_07_s.jpg

This one received such great comments and yet many folks I talk to seem to think it's not good. Granted, it works on a highly cerebral level in some scenes but I don't mind. In fact, I adore this film. To simplify things, let me just say that Nolan has yet to make any film that would disappoint me. Following, Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, The Prestige, The Dark Knight and Inception are all superb films in my book. Yeah I'm perfectly willing to accept that not everyone digs the cool and concise way in which Nolan tells his stories, but I'm one of those people who do love this kind of stuff. It's just great.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The Prestige is my favorite Nolan film :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

I'm glad you approve, DC, my friend. Watched it again last night for the fifth time I believe and I still love it as much as when I first saw it in theatres half a decade ago. Also, David Julyan's score is tremendous. And can a film go wrong with Michael Caine in it? ;-)

DarthDimi wrote:

I'm glad you approve, DC, my friend. Watched it again last night for the fifth time I believe and I still love it as much as when I first saw it in theatres half a decade ago. Also, David Julyan's score is tremendous. And can a film go wrong with Michael Caine in it? ;-)
    I'm interested to see it. I've been meaning to, since Nolan does no wrong.
    I don't think Mask 2 is gonna be R-rated like the comics , it's PG where the money is at (that's why wrestling caters to families these days.......more money)
    One of the most underrated films I have seen is "The Man From Hong Kong", with George Lazenby as the main baddie.
    I liked Bourne fims-all of them , that is because although their plots were not actually
    what Robert Ludlum wrote in his very thick-sized novels ( I used to take them as paperbacks as I had to travel those days, living out of suitcases, and they were just the books for it then), I liked Ludlum, his unpretentious smile, and his writing style too.

I agree about the Spy Game.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    140464.1020.A.jpg

It's not perfect as there are some goofs (how exactly did the crew in the cabin on the boat die?), but I still enjoy this one more that the 1st & 3rd films.
    I love the part at the start when girl gets eaten (?) by the small dinosaurs, and the mother start yelling.... and the next shot is Jeff Golblum yawning in the subway !!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    They need to drop the title The Expendables 2 and just have the film named Every Badass In Any Badass Film As Any Badass Character Ever. It'd be hell on advertisements though. :D

Ha! Good one. Or ... "All the Badasses in the World is Not Enough" ;)