Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

Farewell, Mr. Bochco. And thank you for everything.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Steven Bochco, prolific TV writer and producer.

http://bit.ly/2InsK0h

Very sad news. Mr Bochco was one of the greatest writers for Columbo.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I recognize the name, probably from Columbo.
    I recognize the name, probably from Columbo.

As an honour to his many contributions to the series he even got a mention in the Columbo episode 'Ashes to Ashes' (1998) as a guest at an actor's funeral.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Allways used to watch Hill St Blues back then it was the best series on TV
    And had a crush on Joyce Davenport played by Victoria Hamel.
    RIP Sir and thanks for all your work.
    Ray Wilkins has died in hospital,age only 61.

A shock to the football world.

RIP Butch.

Ray_Wilkins_2.0.jpg

104028744_Ray-Wilkins-England-football-NEWS_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2CJeJR9p4dHgEJD1s7G2iLSo5IemCMUANfx4oOkW0ZM.jpg?imwidth=480
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    barryt007 wrote: »

RIP Butch.

Ray_Wilkins_2.0.jpg

104028744_Ray-Wilkins-England-football-NEWS_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2CJeJR9p4dHgEJD1s7G2iLSo5IemCMUANfx4oOkW0ZM.jpg?imwidth=480

Such a shock. So young to go like that. R.I.P Butch
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

RIP Butch.

Ray_Wilkins_2.0.jpg

Sad news indeed when I first started watching football Ray Wilkins and Bryan Robson were my first heroes, R.I.P.

1983-fa-cup-final2-min.jpg
    Wrestling manager Johnny V killed by truck , RIP
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sad news regarding the passing of Ray Wilkins. Great footballer, and great man by all accounts.
    RIP to a legend.
    Eric Bristow , the crafty cockney , has died age 60....one of the best darts players of all time ....wtf is happening ??
    2 iconic British sportsmen dead in 24 hours !!!!!!!

RIP Eric
    Eric Bristow , the crafty cockney , has died age 60....one of the best darts players of all time ....wtf is happening ??

RIP Eric

Only just heard news about Bristow. What a shock. Grew up watching him and John Lowe Jocky Wilson at al. Very sad news.
    Eric Bristow. R.I.P.
    Mathis1 wrote: »

RIP Eric

Only just heard news about Bristow. What a shock. Grew up watching him and John Lowe Jocky Wilson at al. Very sad news.
    Eric Bristow. R.I.P.
    Same here x Saturday afternoons x what a bad 2 days x have to prepare for one more
    Two deaths in France today. First, singer Jacques Higelin died this morning, aged 77 after a long illness :

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-376746-malade-depuis-plusieurs-mois-le-chanteur-jacques-higelin-est-decede-ce-matin-a-l-age-de-77-ans-famille-a-afp.html

Then, there's Véronique Colucci, widow of french comedian Coluche (and mother of actor Marius Colucci), who died also today, aged 69 :

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-379788-ex-femme-de-coluche-et-ambassadrice-des-restos-du-coeur-veronique-colucci-est-decedee-ce-matin.html

And in Japan, fans of quality animation mourn the demise of Isao Takahata, co-founder of Ghibli Studios, and director of Grave of the Fireflies and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

variety.com/2018/film/asia/isao-takahata-dead-dies-studio-ghibli-1202745654/

RIP Butch.

Ray_Wilkins_2.0.jpg

RIP Ray Wilkins. Incredible talent both as a player and coach!

RIP Eric Bristow. Amazing player and a genius to watch!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    00Agent wrote: »

Sad news. I was watching TMWTGG only recently and Lt. Hip was such a cheery character, considering how grumpy most of the other characters were in that film!
    That is sad indeed.

RIP Lt Hip :(
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 12,914
    Soon-tek Oh. Surprised his passing didn't get more coverage. A very familiar actor in television and film, I always enjoyed the characters he played.

Mr. Oh is a big deal, much more than one might realize from his screen appearances. He was born in Korea during the Japanese colonization there--a brutal occupation which tried to extinguish Korean culture, and that ended with the finish of WWII. Also endured the Korean War, an even more devastating time. From those beginnings, he led a very fruitful and interesting life in Korea and the US.
    https://muse.jhu.edu/article/187375/summary

Short obit from a Korean source.
    joongang.png
    koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3046619
    Pioneering actor Oh Soon-tek is dead at 85
    Apr 07,2018
    이미지뷰

Actor Oh Soon-tek, one of the first Korean actors to be noticed in Hollywood, passed away due to a chronic disease at the age of 85 in Los Angeles on Wednesday.

Oh was an ambitious college student who, after graduating with a degree in political science at Yonsei University in 1959, flew to Los Angeles to study international relations. However, after arriving in California, he changed his studies to acting and playwriting at the University of California Los Angeles, and then went on to study at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of Theater in New York.

Oh made his acting debut in the Broadway play “Rashomon” in 1964, and got his big break in 1974 as the of role Lieutenant Hip in the film “The Man with the Golden Gun,” which was part of the James Bond movie series. Soon after, the actor appeared in numerous movies including well-known films “Good Guys Wear Black” (1978), “Beverly Hills Ninja” (1997) and the hit Walt Disney animation “Mulan” (1998).

In 2001, Oh came back to Korea to work as a professor at the Korea National University of Arts as well as a jury member for the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival.

By Sung Ji-eun

A very nice remembrance of Mr. Oh here recognizing his Korean background, his giving nature toward others, and his affliction with Alzheimers.
    https://yomyomf.com/rip-soon-tek-oh-remembering-an-asian-american-pioneer/

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RIP Hip. Mulan was great.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, sad to hear of his passing. RIP, Lieutenant Hip!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP to the good Lieutenant
    He was wonderful in TMWTGG and Mulan. RIP. Sad to hear this.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 533
    Soon Tek Oh's death was a big surprise to me. I've seen him in productions other than "The Man With the Golden Gun". RIP. Wikipedia has his birth year listed as 1943. Yet, according to the site, he died at the age of 84-85. Which is it?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    He was so many people in MASH. RIP Soon Tek Oh.
    The only plus is that he was 85, so he saw how big Bond became even since then,and that he played a big part in that.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 12,914
    DRush76 wrote: »
    Soon Tek Oh's death was a big surprise to me. I've seen him in productions other than "The Man With the Golden Gun". RIP. Wikipedia has his birth year listed as 1943. Yet, according to the site, he died at the age of 84-85. Which is it?
    I think Wikipedia already corrected it to 1933 and age 84.
    IMDb still has it wrong with 1943 and reporting he died at age 74.

Regarding the Korean source reporting his age as 85: traditionally "Korean age" is approached as sort of observing conception over strictly going by the date of birth forward. Or explained by the linked article: take the current year, subtract your birth year, and add one.

https://qz.com/745825/korean-age-explained-why-a-baby-born-on-dec-31-turns-two-years-old-the-next-day/

오순택
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 2,115
    Soon-Tek Oh made the rounds of spy/international intrigue entertainment. One of his earliest appearances (and it was brief) was in the Matt Helm movie Murderers' Row. He was also in eight episodes of Hawaii Five-O, starting with the pilot (one of Wo Fat's men).

soon-tek-oh.jpg
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP Lieutenant Hip, always liked his appearance in TMWTGG: "Kowloon side" :(

Also Belgian cyclist Michael Gollaerts died during the Paris-Roubaix race due to cardiac arrest at just 23 years of age. Terrible news.
    RIP Soon - Tek oh. Wonderful actor. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.