Archer (2009 - present)

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I believe there's an interest to feature both Daniel Craig and Jeffrey Donovan in a future Archer episode.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Wish they'd bring back the ocelot for an episode in the future :).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I believe there's an interest to feature both Daniel Craig and Jeffrey Donovan in a future Archer episode.

And Dan has the perfect naughty humor for that show. It'd be great to see him play a parody of his Bond in some way, despite Archer being a Bond parody already.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Babou!! He deserves more screen time. And to be taken away from Cheryl.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 12,837
    I loved the first few seasons but couldn't get through season five. I appreciate why they did it, going for a shakeup every season to avoid things getting stale, but part of the reason I fell in love with the show originally was the 60s spy theme (complete with the cold war still inexplicably going on despite the show being set in the modern day). Just lost that magic for me when they became drug dealers and while I haven't watched the last few years from what I've read it's just more genre jumping. I'd definitely watch an episode with Daniel Craig though.

I don't think any actor could play Archer in live action. His voice actor is just perfect for it. That unmistakeable monotone sarcastic delivery. I guess if you could somehow transplant his vocal cords into Henry Cavill it could work.

Haha I loved that one, Archer getting to fulfill his dream of having a fight on top of a moving train is one of my favourite moments. "Argh my eyes! Why do people do this? You're still on the train!".
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2018 Posts: 3,099
    'The uploader has not made this video available in your country.'

DAMMIT FXX.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Thank you, @DaltonCraig007!
    Haven't watched the previous season yet. Might as well wait until this one finds it's way to Netflix, and have a two season Archer marathon!
    I like it that they are doing new things, but I do miss the spy agency. Might be the Bond fan in me talking though.
    Me too, @GoldenGun. I think they're ending after 10 seasons, so hopefully they'll bring back the spying for the last hurrah!
    As Sir Sean would put it: I certainly hope so too. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    For someone out of the loop, what exactly has this shown done after the spying stuff was dropped? Is the 40s stuff a detective toned season more than an espionage one, for example? Has all the spying been left behind?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 6,759
    They did one season about drug trafficking alla Miami Vice and another one like a Bogey-esque film noir.

I like both themes and enjoyed them but of course I do not like them as much as the espionage theme.
    Definitely weird how the show has departed from its origins, though crime and detective stories have never been too far from the boundaries of espionage. I think the strength of the show will always be in those fresh first seasons, where the tone and focus was honed and decisive. Which is the case for most shows out there I guess, with few exceptions. But that's also because many shows never know when to end, and Archer could perhaps be in such a quagmire right now.
    I guess they're just having a bit of fun with it, too - seeing how far from the origins they can take it, while keeping the same comedic tone. I wouldn't hold it against them, as long as the comedy is still good quality.
    I do however enjoy the involvement of characters like Krieger and Ray in later seasons.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,241
    I do however enjoy the involvement of characters like Krieger and Ray in later seasons.

They are one of the highlights of the show. Where some jokes (and characters) might have become stale, Krieger and Ray never fail to entertain me. Haven't seen the last season, though, so I can't comment on them in that one.
    After Archer Vice, the humour was awfully toned down and the latest season was boring as hell. Dreamland? More like Archer Boreland. I like the film noir tone and the concept, but in mere eight episodes, they did a retelling of all the previous Archer seasons with all the savage jokes and the creative sense of humour removed. The show declined in its rankings for me, and I'm not expecting the new one to be any better.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I absolutely love Archer. The first seven seasons are gold to me. Dreamland wasn't terrible but honestly it was kinda boring. Maybe I need to watch it again.
    I really enjoyed the premiere tonight. It seemed to bring back the fun that Dreamland lacked.
    However, it better end with Archer waking up.
    So how are we enjoying Danger Island, folks?
    So how are we enjoying Danger Island, folks?

I'm enjoying it much more than Dreamland. The show is actually fun again.
    I haven’t seen the third episode yet, but the second was definitely a downgrade compared to the first episode of Danger Island. I’ll have to see if the third is better than its predecessor.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've been waiting for them to hit streaming; saw Dreamland about a month back but it was the first season that didn't really do anything for me, I'm afraid. Hopefully Danger Island is better.
    I haven’t seen the third episode yet, but the second was definitely a downgrade compared to the first episode of Danger Island. I’ll have to see if the third is better than its predecessor.

It is.
    Aww yeah, Danger Island has finally and without fanfare crept on to UK Netflix! Liked episode 1 very much indeed.
    Hopefully they can up the quality of the show. I wasn’t impressed with the last two seasons.
    Hopefully they can up the quality of the show. I wasn’t impressed with the last two seasons.

Danger Island started off good but it had a terrible second half. I've warmed up to Dreamland though. Still, they won't be able to beat the first 5 seasons. 6-7 were close though.