The MI6 Community Religion and Faith Discussion Space (for members of all faiths - and none!)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Jesus! Or rather Mohammad (police be upon him!)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm frankly not interested in your hate. You can take it somewhere else and maybe learn to respect others.

Disrespect the profit one more time and I'll ban you with the touch of a button.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm frankly not interested in your hate. You can take it somewhere else and maybe learn to respect others.

Disrespect the profit one more time and I'll ban you with the touch of a button.
    You're joking now right?

You can't even spell 'profit' (sic) such is your devotion.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Of course I meant prophet. Autocorrect got the best of me but I cam assure you I'm not joking.
    Aren t you going to ban the Wizard, too? He doesnt t respect your profit, either.
    Being inspired by something doesn't make it real.

Any religion will be very happy for any new member to ignore this fact.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Oh God, not the button! I'm sure it does more than ban...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Oh God, not the button! I'm sure it does more than ban...

Yes, it launches rockets too.
    ENOUGH!!!!
    maxresdefault.jpg
    I am done here anyway. In jail, if I have internet, I also have another IP and will get me another name.
    Or maybe just stay here. Jake is dumb, but he can t be THAT dumb.
    april-fool-main.jpg
    Oh boy you got me. With Easter being today I forgot the date itself.

Maybe that quantum physics argument is an April Fool's joke too.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Oh boy you got me. With Easter being today I forgot the date itself.

The whole thread is an April Fool's joke. Funny, as I created it in July...
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 6,682
    giphy.gif
    edited April 2018 Posts: 9,117
    april-fool-main.jpg
    Bastard. That's ruined my evening as I was about to launch into an anti Islamic tirade.

Fair play though Sir. What a bunch of gullible mugs we are - no wonder we spend so much time in the religion thread.
    Well @Risico007 is certainly a joke but he manages to keep it up all year round though.
    april-fool-main.jpg
    Bastard. That's ruined my evening as I was about to launch into an anti Islamic tirade.

Fair play though Sir. What a bunch of gullible mugs we are - no wonder we spend so much time in the religion thread.
    We were considering waiting for that, but ultimately we felt it was time to pull the plug.
    Well at least we can all laugh at ourselves that we got taken in.

The religious don't have that luxury.
    Well at least we can all laugh at ourselves that we got taken in.

The religious don't have that luxury.

Careful now! You re on thin ice.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I enjoyed this. Gonna have to bookmark this page.
    I have met this beautiful broad whose family are part of the political and financial elite, so my conversion process into satanism has now begun.
    Hopefully this science is dumbed down enough for you wizard if not I will try and find puppets for you

And since you call me a joke we’ll get mr science teacher in here to did prove this pronto
    You still haven't explained how do you go from Quantum physics to the existence of souls. Or from: "many historians consider that Jesus existed" to "Jesus resurrected and was the Son of God ". I wonder if you're not picking up words at random and throw them here hoping that one would stick to your faith.

I had pasta yesterday. Proof that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the one true God.
    I
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Hopefully this science is dumbed down enough for you wizard if not I will try and find puppets for you

Another post, another pseudoscientific video that collapses after a simple google search: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabel_Piczek

Strange how her biog recounts a degree in fine arts from the the Academy of Fine Arts in Budapest but makes no mention of any degree in particle physics. In fact you struggle to find any reference to her as such outside your video whereas if you take an actual renowned scientist at random, let's say Stephen Hawking for example, it isn't difficult to unearth a list of his qualifications.

The only puppets on show are all the alleged 'scientists' you keep unearthing whose main agenda is to sell books and lectures to the gullible rather that strive for the truth.
    I wonder if you're not picking up words at random and throw them here hoping that one would stick to your faith.
    I think you might be onto something here:
    we’ll get mr science teacher in here to did prove this pronto
    Certainly randomly flicking through the dictionary and picking out words would likely yield more coherent results.

Oh and the Shroud of Turin has been debunked years ago. Even the Catholic Church knows it's not genuine but keeps saying to the gullible that it's OK to use it as object of devotion.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-43614744

Heartening news, from a country that is 70% Catholic, that the evangelical Christian candidate got trounced by the one supporting gay marriage. Ever so slowly the pernicious influence of religion is steadily being eroded and people are waking up.
    Oh and the Shroud of Turin has been debunked years ago. Even the Catholic Church knows it's not genuine but keeps saying to the gullible that it's OK to use it as object of devotion.

Debunked? How? If you are referring the radio carbon dating the issue is the tests were done improperly to say the least... I will let some Italian scientists point it out

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10631973/Turin-Shroud-may-date-from-time-of-Jesus.html

Again Lud have you done any science research since 1988? I hate to tell you this but two things

Mullets have gone out of fashion
    Science has progressed since 1988

I know I am shocked to
    edited April 2018 Posts: 9,117

Debunked? How? If you are referring the radio carbon dating the issue is the tests were done improperly to say the least... I will let some Italian scientists point it out

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10631973/Turin-Shroud-may-date-from-time-of-Jesus.html

Again Lud have you done any science research since 1988? I hate to tell you this but two things

Mullets have gone out of fashion

I know I am shocked to
    Not as shocked as I am to see you post a link featuring an actual scientist with a credible CV: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Carpinteri

But of course in your confused state you fail to observe that by triumphantly posting this link you undermine your whole assertion that the image on the cloth was magically seared into the fabric by the power of God:

"We believe it is possible that neutron emissions by earthquakes could have induced the image formation on the Shroud's linen fibres, through thermal neutron capture on nitrogen nuclei, and could also have caused a wrong radiocarbon dating," said Professor Alberto Carpinteri, from the Politecnico di Torino."

So if this hypothesis (the article clearly points out that this is all it is, but as we know how desperate you are to clutch at the slightest straw that comes your way we'll ignore that for the time being) is actually true then the image was merely a similar process to an X-ray you'd get at the doctors and so reduces the magical imprint of Christ down to something mundane and explainable.

Also even if this theory could be proven it would in no way follow that the image on the cloth is Christ any more than it might be one of thousands of blokes with beards who were crucified by the Romans and then had their image seared into the cloth by a convenient neutron burst.

Once again your attempted 'arguments' are more full of holes than St. Sebastian.
    If nothing else you do a good line in irony, I will give you that.

I'd add to what @TheWizardOfIce said what the video Preti I posted before: the Shroud has a picture that is an artistic representation of what people at the time thought a crucified Jesus would look like, not how a man executed by crucifixion by the Romans would look like. Even the Church refuses to commit itself to say it's genuine.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Even if it is proven the shroud dates to c.33AD, what does that prove? Absolutely nothing! It simply proves that you have a 2000-year-old burial shroud. Historically interesting, yes, and relatively unique, but the connection between this cloth and Jesus Christ is stretching the imagination so far as to be ridiculous. Only the faithful will believe it anyway, and those people who need their faith to be bolstered by something as trivial as this need to question why they believe in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.