The Truth Behind Spectre and The Quantum Connection.

2»

Comments

  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    Posts: 534
    I'm surprised the film Spectre even mentioned Dominic Greene's name. I thought EON was denying the existence of Quantum of Solace for the longest.

    The truth between the Quantum and Spectre connection is that it was extremely contrived and forced.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    Eric_007 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Evening my Fellow Agents. Today's Discussion is concerning the Recent Events that have spanned Craig's Bond for the Past Years.
    I've been wanting to get down to the truth of the Connection Between the Quantum and Spectre Organizations. Being that 007 started out Taking on Le Chieffe and Successfully taking on Quantum and Greene Afterward. The Films State that Quantum was tied to Spectre but what was the True Role of Quantum.....
    Was it A precursor or Subsidiary. I say Subsidiary being that Mr. Greene was in charge but Mr. White was a Liason and Overseer of it all. Going into Skyfall which was to me less interesting if it were a stand alone film because Silva's connections were way to big to operate solo as alot of people have pointed out. But pay close attention in Skyfall where Silva is always highlighting Bonds Childhood Trauma which we find out was caused by Franz Overhauser. He points it out in the first meeting and then again when he doesn't say a word and stares at Bonds Parents grave and Laughs as if he knows something we don't.
    So why would an Ex Operative care about that when his Main Goal was to Kill M?
    What was the Importance of showing us that Scene? It is because Silva has had previous encounters with Franz Oberhauser and a discussion was definitley had between the 2. Possibly Concerning a Common Enemy which was James and how they're 2 goals intertwined. Franz gave Resources to Silva in Exchange Silva would Murder M which he wanted to do anyway and Kill Or Wound James. Makes Perfect Sense. And Makes Skyfall so much more awesome. In Craig's Era there is no Stand Alone Film all of them are Connected. With the Exception of Bloodstone 007 the PS3 exclusive Game which served as a Canon Story that took place After Quantum of Solace and Before Skyfall. That Being Said in Quantum Of Solace Bond Stops the Terria Project and Greene is killed for leaked information about Quantum. But who would've ordered the hit? Surely not Any of the Quantum Members after being exposed by Bond at the Opera. Moshi sarov and Guy Haines definitely wouldn't make a move like that it would compromise they're respective positions. This order came from the top... Way above Quantum and they're Water Extortion Schemes. Fran's had Greene Murdered as All Spectre Members do when they fail.
    Being that Quantum of Solace was a Short Story. I believe that is how the Movie should be viewed as a short story... A conclusion to Casino Royale which it truly was. After all it was still Year 1 in Bonds Career so he was Young.
    Now I Want to Get into more Detail involving Skyfall and Spectre.
    The List of Agents Being persued was used to expose MI6 to Compromise them and make them seem unreliable and outdated. Now that is the Overall Objective not for Silva because his Motive is Revenge on M. The Objective was that of Spectre's who would've been working with Max Denbe head of joint security. Perfect timing wouldn't you say after MI6 being exposed and beat down why not have it scrapped and replace with A Global intelligence Agency. So not only was Silva Equipped with tools to do both objectives but buy the time it was done Spectre was already putting the Next Phase into Place.
    I'll continue my Exposition In a later Post.
    I'd love to hear from you Guys.

    0097

    Quantum was what it says on the tin. Quantum meaning value, it was the branch (tentical) which raised the money. But Mr White comments in Spectre are that pretty much he was in it for the money, but Blofeld had gone too far and that's why he was out. White "pale king" was a facilitator and the head of Quantum, it was he who was the Spectre agent and Le Chifre, Green, Silva were all patsies who White arranged the start up funding for each of the aforementioned's operations to make Spectre money with the patsies taking the risk. The ring as we know was made from the rare Zirconium found on Le Chifre, Green and Silva's bodies, not because they all wore a Spectre ring and we're Spectre agents, but had all shaken Whites hand before their deaths.

    Spectre rings are made from Zirconium which in the film is stated as being a rare element found only in Asteroids which struck earth. Clearly produced from fragments of the Asteroid Blofeld was keen to show Bond.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited March 2018 Posts: 9,117
    Eric_007 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Evening my Fellow Agents. Today's Discussion is concerning the Recent Events that have spanned Craig's Bond for the Past Years.
    I've been wanting to get down to the truth of the Connection Between the Quantum and Spectre Organizations. Being that 007 started out Taking on Le Chieffe and Successfully taking on Quantum and Greene Afterward. The Films State that Quantum was tied to Spectre but what was the True Role of Quantum.....
    Was it A precursor or Subsidiary. I say Subsidiary being that Mr. Greene was in charge but Mr. White was a Liason and Overseer of it all. Going into Skyfall which was to me less interesting if it were a stand alone film because Silva's connections were way to big to operate solo as alot of people have pointed out. But pay close attention in Skyfall where Silva is always highlighting Bonds Childhood Trauma which we find out was caused by Franz Overhauser. He points it out in the first meeting and then again when he doesn't say a word and stares at Bonds Parents grave and Laughs as if he knows something we don't.
    So why would an Ex Operative care about that when his Main Goal was to Kill M?
    What was the Importance of showing us that Scene? It is because Silva has had previous encounters with Franz Oberhauser and a discussion was definitley had between the 2. Possibly Concerning a Common Enemy which was James and how they're 2 goals intertwined. Franz gave Resources to Silva in Exchange Silva would Murder M which he wanted to do anyway and Kill Or Wound James. Makes Perfect Sense. And Makes Skyfall so much more awesome. In Craig's Era there is no Stand Alone Film all of them are Connected. With the Exception of Bloodstone 007 the PS3 exclusive Game which served as a Canon Story that took place After Quantum of Solace and Before Skyfall. That Being Said in Quantum Of Solace Bond Stops the Terria Project and Greene is killed for leaked information about Quantum. But who would've ordered the hit? Surely not Any of the Quantum Members after being exposed by Bond at the Opera. Moshi sarov and Guy Haines definitely wouldn't make a move like that it would compromise they're respective positions. This order came from the top... Way above Quantum and they're Water Extortion Schemes. Fran's had Greene Murdered as All Spectre Members do when they fail.
    Being that Quantum of Solace was a Short Story. I believe that is how the Movie should be viewed as a short story... A conclusion to Casino Royale which it truly was. After all it was still Year 1 in Bonds Career so he was Young.
    Now I Want to Get into more Detail involving Skyfall and Spectre.
    The List of Agents Being persued was used to expose MI6 to Compromise them and make them seem unreliable and outdated. Now that is the Overall Objective not for Silva because his Motive is Revenge on M. The Objective was that of Spectre's who would've been working with Max Denbe head of joint security. Perfect timing wouldn't you say after MI6 being exposed and beat down why not have it scrapped and replace with A Global intelligence Agency. So not only was Silva Equipped with tools to do both objectives but buy the time it was done Spectre was already putting the Next Phase into Place.
    I'll continue my Exposition In a later Post.
    I'd love to hear from you Guys.

    0097
    The ring as we know was made from the rare Zirconium found on Le Chifre, Green and Silva's bodies, not because they all wore a Spectre ring and we're Spectre agents, but had all shaken Whites hand before their deaths.

    Spectre rings are made from Zirconium which in the film is stated as being a rare element found only in Asteroids which struck earth. Clearly produced from fragments of the Asteroid Blofeld was keen to show Bond.

    Could you be so good as to point me in the direction of where this is all 'stated' in the film?

    I mean clearly explained rather than needing you to freeze frame Q's laptop and join the rest of the dots yourself.

    A decent screenplay doesn't force the audience to have to write half of it themselves for it to make sense.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Posts: 730
    A decent screenplay doesn't force the audience to have to write half of it themselves for it to make sense.
    Amen. I never had to ask myself how LeChiffre operated and how his connection with "the organization" was working. In QoS I always knew "Quantum" was the name of the operation introduced in CR and Mr.White's involvement in it. No need to freeze-frames or so.

  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    Posts: 534
    It's not too late to have Spectre and Blofeld as only one part of a super-organization called Ultraquantum.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,411
    They have everyone in their database.
  • Eric_007Eric_007 Mobile
    Posts: 26
    Also Further proof is that While Tracking Patrice Tanner quotes "Luckily we have One Or 2 friends left in the CIA". Now why would he say that in that manner.? Because The CIA had to replace They're South American section and put Felix in charge when they found out they'd been dealing with Quantum. You can imagine the disdain and taste this would put in the CIAs mouth learning this from the British
  • mattjoesmattjoes A Very Matthau Brosmas
    Posts: 5,815
    Finally, this clears things up once and for good

    :))

    You are that guy who's obsessed with the Police Academy movies and flared trousers, aren't you?
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Posts: 730
    If Franz Oberhauser is in their database I am all in for deleting this record without any backup.

    If Blofeld ever re-appears (and he should), they should re-inteoduce him like in FRWL and TB
  • Eric_007Eric_007 Mobile
    Posts: 26
    @M16_Cart Not Really. What they did with the story was a great way to pull it together. If the MCU can say that a little boy from Iron Man 2 was Peter Parker but they didn't even have the rights to Spiderman then. I think The Bond franchise can get a pass with this.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,411
    Eric_007 wrote: »
    @M16_Cart Not Really. What they did with the story was a great way to pull it together. If the MCU can say that a little boy from Iron Man 2 was Peter Parker but they didn't even have the rights to Spiderman then. I think The Bond franchise can get a pass with this.

    They say this in Infinity War?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,411
    What kid is this? I never caught that.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,411
    Right. A bell is ringing now that you mention it. Thanks.
  • Posts: 4,748
    @Eric_007 You make some great points about Quantum and Spectre! I had never connected the dots like that before. Although I prefer to interpret Quantum and Spectre as separate organizations along with interpreting SkyFall as a standalone Bond mission, I definitely think you've hit gold with your theory.

    I like to interpret the activities of Quantum and Spectre are separate organizations because I just disliked Spectre as a Bond movie that much. I didn't like how Spectre forced the first three Craig-era Bond movies into its web as if the Bond series is supposed to be some sort of "saga." Spectre shattered what I thought I knew to be the Bond movie tradition: standalone missions with little or no connection to one another.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython Omaha, NE
    Posts: 6,696
    Back when SP came out there was an audio interview with Purvis & Wade and their idea of how Quantum and SPECTRE are connected is that Quantum was primarily their South American branch and everything we saw in that movie and Green was the ringleader. Thus, that means Le Chiffre was more a SPECTRE agent rather than Quantum. I wish I could find that interview because it was much more descriptive of that relationship than the way the movie basically leaves it vague enough to say they were just one and the same (for all intents and purposes, Quantum was really a stand in for SPECTRE as EON did not have the rights).

    I think it was smart of the filmmakers to bridge the two so that they could continue that thread started in CR, rather than just dropping them altogether and starting anew with SPECTRE with Craig's fourth.
  • BennyBenny Classified Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 12,950
    Good to see you @MakeshiftPython, always nice to see one of the old crew.
    Hope you haven't been on DCINB upsetting Bjmdds. :D
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython Omaha, NE
    edited June 2018 Posts: 6,696
    Benny wrote: »
    Good to see you @MakeshiftPython, always nice to see one of the old crew.
    Hope you haven't been on DCINB upsetting Bjmdds. :D

    Is that place still kicking? :P

    Haven't visited that place since SKYFALL. I can only imagine how dire the mood got with Craig confirming his fifth installment. Honestly though, could anyone have guessed in 2006 that Craig would go onto make five films up to 2019?

    To think that HAPPY FEET was the signal for Craig's short lived 00-career... ;)
  • Eric_007Eric_007 Mobile
    Posts: 26
    @00Beast Thank you glad you saw it. and yes in a way you are right because Spectre did indeed put them in a web. Skyfall would've been a great stand alone movie which for the time being I thought it was for the most part. But because of Quantum was a direct sequel and mentions of past events in Skyfall I Sorta had a feeling Spectre would come. Cinematic Universes have taken over the movie game by storm and it's rippled across multiple franchises and in some it works other not so much. Mission Impossibles ''SKYFALL'' was Ghost Protocol even though it came out before but since they've done 2 more films while breaking into new territory and keeping the past in mind. So after Craigs last one I believe they'll go back to the classic formula of standalone films with little connection to eachother which will be fresh for the franchise again. I'd love to see a Henry Cavill or Tom Hardy Bond.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2021 Posts: 4,145
    Imagine Bond 26 wil be OHMSS, DAF and FRWL.

    Blofeld is back with DAF element. Some people mabey remember i said Spectre should have end when Bond shoot on glass at Mi6 and some tears of blood changed in end gunbarrel. The guy there was not same Blofeld.

    No Time To Die
    Safin was on a mission to kill Blofeld and use Madeline and Bond
    Send by
    something left behind
    as credit in NTTD. So it was not NTTD
    Mathilde
    he talking about. This is FRWL
    Dr No
    reference. But this time Bond 26 is FRWL. NTTD is
    Dr No
    but with
    Safin
    and
    something left behind

    Real villian behind Safin plan is somebody left from Quantum (You Know My Name).Blofeld is just pain for them with his own plan. Mr White never worked for Spectre. Hinx was send to Spectre meeting by that Quantum left over. Just using the fact we don't know why Hinx was there. Hinx wil be back when the refeal wil happen.

    Who wil bring Mi6 back on this story, you know my name...
    Camile
    ... Felix and Scooby gang wil return and 2 other people to help. Now Bond is not him self / can't be trusted completely. The mission is to stop Blofeld starting another war (of course he wil escape but not before he kild our mystery guest), dealing with Quantum (Blofeld steel there idea) and let Bond find his solace. Bond will say:
    All the things we did for Queen and Country.

    No Good About Goodbye over the end credits. Maintitle score with trowbacks to Quantum of Solace and later.
Sign In or Register to comment.