Your Bond Collection

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'd imagine the updated version completes the SF campaign while only including the SP teaser poster.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited February 2018 Posts: 4,151
    Picked these up in a local charity shop yesterday. £2 the lot, nice little bargain.

JvUSmzp.jpg
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    The motherlode! Reading those should keep you busy.
    You can see the picture? It doesn’t show on my iPhone.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 3,099
    I had to control-click it and do 'Open Image in New Tab' (I'm on a Mac).

(edit: if you click the Share icon for a photo in Flickr, one of the options is 'BBCode', which will give you something that'll show up here.)
    Sorted.
    Nice find! What's up with Roger's expression on that bottom left one? Is the image mirrored or something?
    Not a morror image as his mole is on the correct side. Just double checked.
    Picked these up in a local charity shop yesterday. £2 the lot, nice little bargain.

JvUSmzp.jpg

Ah 007 magazine. Have all of them..and the rest! It was a well produced magazine with some really good articles and photos...until it got too expensive for editor/publisher Graham Rye to produce! A pity.
    Not a morror image as his mole is on the correct side. Just double checked.

Maybe just me then. Looked a bit - I don't know… Not like himself, possibly.
    I agree to be fair. Must be his young looks and his pose haha.
    I agree to be fair. Must be his young looks and his pose haha.

Probably!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Hey @barryt007, have you checked the updated book yet?

Bugger I forgot !!

I will look tonight,i will make a note !

JvUSmzp.jpg

Wow! That really is a bargain!!! Nice one!

I checked it...its a double page spread of CraigBond in his 'LALD' outfit,and says 'coming soon'.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    DSC_0010.JPG

A few recent purchases including a over sized t shirt ;))
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I checked it...its a double page spread of CraigBond in his 'LALD' outfit,and says 'coming soon'.

OK, thanks mate.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,103
    DSC_0011.JPG

Just found this sealed in a charity shop, saw it in the window... I moved quick lol

The film cell is Bond looking at his watch stood behind Franks, I have the perfect frame for this.
    DSC_0011.JPG

Just found this sealed in a charity shop, saw it in the window... I moved quick lol

What's that in the square bit above the title?
    DSC_0011.JPG

What's that in the square bit above the title?

Just edited above post, it's a film cell of Bond and Franks

Edited:

In two minds about the frame though will do for now...

DSC_0012.JPG
    That's a nice find! Needs to be framed, don't you think?

Posted picture of frame above ;)

The picture/film cell was £5 so not too bad a price plus it's for charity

Nice, looks good in that frame! £5? That's not bad at all. :-)

I often have a quick look in charity shops, had some finds over the years there are alot of charity shops close to where I live.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,241

I often have a quick look in charity shops, had some finds over the years there are alot of charity shops close to where I live.

Bet there's always some nice finds at charity shops! Only have a couple thrift stores around these parts, but haven't found anything of interest there, really. There's always Ebay etc., though!

Bet there's always some nice finds at charity shops! Only have a couple thrift stores around these parts, but haven't found anything of interest there, really. There's always Ebay etc., though!

True I have found a few bargains on ebay, though I have banned myself well for a few weeks anyway... I spend too much online lol
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,241

True I have found a few bargains on ebay, though I have banned myself well for a few weeks anyway... I spend too much online lol

Way to easy to get carried away with online shopping! Usually try to keep it to a minimum, going for bargains when possible.
    A general question about posters; where is the best place to search for film posters online? Bought a couple posters from a dealer at Amazon some years ago, but wasn't all that impressed with the quality of the reproductions.
    This weekend I had a lovely present from a friend (who was going to put them in the recycling but luckily thought of me first):

DZNRRePXUAEPz-5.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    book_dr_no_a_HP08303_L.jpg

Diamonds-Are-Forever-First-Pan-Paperback-1958.jpg

Found both in a local charity shop that gets Bond books in from time to time. Saw both, knew I didn't have either, so I had to buy them. Photos aren't mine, but the covers are identical. With the exception of the original Richard Chopping covers of the Jonathan Cape 1st Editions, I don't think you can get better than those old Pan covers.