Teri Hatcher Denies That She's 'Broke, Homeless and Living Out' of Her Van: 'It's Totally Absurd'

in Actors Posts: 19,339
Looks like she has finally got her comeuppance ?

Teri Hatcher is setting the record straight: she’s not broke, homeless and living out of her van.

BBK2d0Y.img?h=857&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=853&y=593

After Star magazine published a cover story this week about Hatcher that reported she is “Broke & Homeless!” and “Living in Her Van!” the Desperate Housewives alum sat down with KTLA’s Sam Rubin in London to dispute the article, which she called “absurd.”
On the cover yesterday [Star magazine has] an article that says exactly that — it’s totally absurd — that I am broke and homeless and living out of my van,” Hatcher said in a televised interview that aired Thursday. “It’s categorically false. I am not broke. I have done very well investing my money. I am not homeless and I am not living out of my van.”

Hatcher, 53, explained that the story stemmed from paparazzi photos that were taken of her in her van while she was shooting her YouTube series, Van Therapy, at a beach in Los Angeles.

“A couple of weeks ago, the magazine reached out to my publicist to say, ‘We have these paparazzi photos of Teri at the beach,’ which, by the way, I was filming drivebys for my show,” she said.

“They said they were going to run this story about me being broke, and I think they even used the word suicidal and homeless and whatever. And my lawyer and my publicist said, ‘Categorically not true, you can’t print that, she’s doing a YouTube show, that’s her van, she has many homes in many states all over the country. There’s noting about this that’s true,’ ” explained Hatcher.

She continued: “And then they went and ran it anyway. And that is even more egregious that it was so purposefully hurtful.”

The actress’ decision to discuss the tabloid report was timely: she spoke out about the allegations — which she called a form of “bullying” — on International Women’s Day.
I wanted to talk to you about it today, especially today is International Women’s Day, and it’s been a time where women have been — the Time’s Up and the MeToo movement, and the voice of women collectively is saying, ‘We’re not just going to take it and accept it and be quiet about it all the way we have for decades.’ ”

“I guess something about this time, and maybe exactly because this happened to happen on International Women’s Day, I just felt like, even not for me, somebody has to say, ‘You can’t do this. You can’t egregiously lie hurtfully with such a ridiculous story. It’s a kind of harassment and bullying that we can’t take anymore,” she said.

She also came to the defense of fellow actress Sharon Stone, who had a tripping photo of herself published on the same Star cover as Hatcher.
“The reason it’s important for me to talk about it is because also on that cover was a picture of Sharon Stone — beautiful picture of Sharon Stone — tripping, I guess, on a curb like many people do. And the caption is, ‘Near 60, Sharon Stone collapses,’ “she shared. “And it just made me think, you know, as actresses age, as women age in our society, magazines like this, they’re fostering a culture of disrespect — of trying to take down and take away the power of women, who have accomplished a lot in their careers. Who have a lot still to say.”

According to Rubin, Hatcher is considering the possibility of legal action.

Attorneys and representatives for Hatcher did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

Any comments on this 'diva of the film/TV world ?"

Or am I getting to close fer.......fer.......fer....comferrrrrrt....

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Is she a diva? Must admit I know very little about her other than the fact I fancied her as Lois Lane many years ago, and she was in Desperate Housewives and the Bond film.

I probably err on the side of Ms Hatcher here. The newspapers are desperate people (where she is clearly only a desperate housewife - de dum chhh) and they WILL print anything, let's face it. This looks like a typical Hatcher(t) job.

If she is broke Lord only knows what she did with those millions from years on DH.

No, no, I think she has been stitched up here.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Apparantly she was hard to work with on TND with Pierce,but the main thing is that it is widely mentioned by the cast and crew on Desparate Housewives that she was a terrible person and very difficult,unapproachable,and arrogant/self-centered.

I'm sure someone else on here can fill us in more on that.

There was a recent article on it from the cast but I cant find the bleedin' thing.
    Oh right, interesting. I knew about the clash with PB. But it was explained away by her pregnancy at the time. But I knew nothing of that DH issue.

I read a lot about Sex In The City and those ladies clashing.

This is what you get when you give women too much power. Gulp
    NicNac wrote: »
    Oh right, interesting. I knew about the clash with PB. But it was explained away by her pregnancy at the time. But I knew nothing of that DH issue.

I read a lot about Sex In The City and those ladies clashing.

This is what you get when you give women too much power. Gulp

Oooh can I quote you on that Nackers ?

No you bloody can't. ;)
    Birdleson wrote: »
    She went to high school in the district I teach in (I know people who had her in class). I'm sure we would have heard if things had gotten so bad. She came back a few years ago to testify against her uncle who was on trial for molesting a young relative (apparently he did the same to her when she was young, that was her contribution to the evidence). She gave some strong testimony.

Personally, the only time I ever saw her in person was in Vegas 20 years ago at the opening of the Bellagio. I tried to get in to see the much heralded art gallery (what a disgusting city to house such world treasures), but I was blocked in my attempts (VIP only on opening night), and Teri Hatcher just walks right past me, boobs just about popping out of the front of that red dress, and let through all security.

Sounds about right from what I've heard.
    I think she was quite hard work on the Superman series with Dean Cain as well.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I am one of the few who like her in TND.

I like her too but I heard she gave Pierce a hard time during the TND shoot.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Whether she is likable or not, I wouldn't blame her for suing that rag.
    Maybe thats why MacGyver broke up with her :p
    I haven't got the slightest idea of how her character, but I have to say to me she looked like bond girls should. Big time! Also, I found her quite funny in desperate housewives.
  • barryt007 wrote: »
    Apparantly she was hard to work with on TND with Pierce,but the main thing is that it is widely mentioned by the cast and crew on Desparate Housewives that she was a terrible person and very difficult,unapproachable,and arrogant/self-centered.

There was a recent article on it from the cast but I cant find the bleedin' thing.

To be only women get criticised like that, people don't seem to mind when it's George Peppard.
    barryt007 wrote: »

To be only women get criticised like that, people don't seem to mind when it's George Peppard.

What did Peppard get criticised of ?

• edited April 2018 Posts: 103

Well my my point was people don't criticise him but he was terrible to work with.

Well my my point was people don't criticise him but he was terrible to work with.

Aah yes,i see what you mean,i have heard that too.

Bruce Willis is meant to be the same as well.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I liked Teri Hatcher in Tango and Cash, she was ok in TND though she was not given the best dialogue
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I hear @Thunderfinger is impossible to work with as well-- a real diva...
    Especially if his knickers are in the wash

His knickers are in a twist anyway.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

If you would stop stealing them from my clothes line, I would calm down.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I’m sure Teri won’t mind, after all she won her episode in the Great British Bake not long back.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I’m sure Teri won’t mind, after all she won her episode in the Great British Bake not long back.

The only Bond girl to ever achieve that, isn t she?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Ooh, I’ll have to check.

Yes, you are correct!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Buy the look of the picture above she could do with a bit of TLC and perhaps a makeover.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Buy the look of the picture above she could do with a bit of TLC and perhaps a makeover.

Just keep her away from the Botox and I'm sure she'll be fine.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,102

Teri seems well
    edited July 2018 Posts: 17,727
    She's Teri Hatcher, the Milk Snatcher! ;)

Am I right? I'm not wrong.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    She's looking Super.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    "Who do you think I am, Lana Wood?"
    One of the most wooden performances I can remember in a Bond film.