Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    How many times will Nolan get snubbed by the academy? Complete travesty. People will remember Dunkirk for years to come as the best war movie ever. Who will remember Shape of Water? It's like The Artist (2011) winning everything, and who remembers that movie now?
    I'm inclined to agree. The Shape of Water was set up for a win. I doubt anyone will remember it in a few months let alone a year.
    Just looked through the winners and nominees for this years Oscars. 2017/2018 is not my movie year, as I've seen none, and only heard about four or five of the films at all.
    Free thread? So get this! Who on earth steals a portaloo?!!!! They have literally took the p###!!!!! Clearly nothing is sacred nowadays.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very happy with the results this year, but I definitely would have picked Meryl Streep over Frances McDormand.

I feel there's an obligatory Streep nomination every year.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Free thread? So get this! Who on earth steals a portaloo?!!!! They have literally took the p###!!!!! Clearly nothing is sacred nowadays.

Someone stole…a portaloo?! Yours? :-O
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Must be the police.
    NEW CAPTION CONTEST
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-28256-1348584105-13.gif?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto
    Photographic evidence of Russian hacking.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Photographic evidence of Russian hacking.

Was it you? I'm just Putin it out there.
    It is always me.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It is always me.

Can I be part of your cabinet? I've been practicing, "I know nothing about hacking."

It is always me.

Can I be part of your cabinet? I've been practicing, "I know nothing about hacking."

I hereby appoint you hack minister.
    It is always me.

I hereby appoint you hack minister.

You won't regret this Vlad, erm... Sir.
    I already do.
    I already do.

Have faith bossman, we'll deflect any awkward questions to the server leaks, and if that fails... Whitewater.

Yep! But? After some detective work? It looks like the driver was trying to work some sort of scam!!!

Yep! But? After some detective work? It looks like the driver was trying to work some sort of scam!!!

A portaloo scam? Wow, that's kind of incredible. Of all things!
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 19,339

What a (edit) thing to do..talk about taking the piss.

• edited March 2018 Posts: 12,506
    barryt007 wrote: »

Lol! I have used these gags a lot too Barry007! As well as the lads at work!
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,241

Knew there was a joke to be made there, haha! How did the whole portaloo scam situation resolve?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 6,682
    It is always me.

-Minister, how are you enjoying the festivities of our national holiday?
    -I know nothing about hacking.

Knew there was a joke to be made there, haha! How did the whole portaloo scam situation resolve?

Thanks to 2 sets of our fab neighbours who saw what happened, the builder was able to successfully challenge what had happened. Another driver from the same company came to clean it, take a photo believe it or not? To prove they had been, and then took it away. Turns out the driver was trying to work a scam, so I am guessing he don't work for them anymore? As the time of the photo, matched what the neighbours saw!

Thanks to 2 sets of our fab neighbours who saw what happened, the builder was able to successfully challenge what had happened. Another driver from the same company came to clean it, take a photo believe it or not? To prove they had been, and then took it away. Turns out the driver was trying to work a scam, so I am guessing he don't work for them anymore? As the time of the photo, matched what the neighbours saw!

Strange set of events!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I'd just like to let everyone know that the Miniatur-Wunderland (Miniature Wonderland) in Hamburg has a new "Venice" section which also shows scenes from MOONRAKER! Miniatur-Wunderland is commonly called the "World's Largest Model Railway" but that really doesn't do it justice - especially since even railway buffs like me cannot help but disregard the trains in favour of the loving details that are everywhere. In 1/87 scale, of course.

The new section, for those that cannot read the German info in the movie linked below, is only nine square meters, but cost one million euros to build. Judging by the numbers of visitors, the Wunderland is one of the biggest attractions in Germany, with more people coming to visit than Neuschwanstein castle. Highly advised if you ever make it to Hamburg, no matter if you like railways or not.

I was unable to find a video specifically dealing with the Bond scenes, but the one below has at least one, at 1:22. Hope you enjoy it.

Here's also the Tagesschau (Germany's traditional 8 p.m. evening news) report on the opening of the Venice section:

tagesschau.de/multimedia/video/video-378879.html?smclient=def04ac9-3198-11e7-b114-0cc47a1254ce&utm_source=salesmanago&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=180309Ahttp://

Sorry this is only in German...but still mostly self-explaining.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Nice!
    If it has Bond in it now i will definitly check it out again. Last time they were only starting to build Rome, and I always wanted to see the finished Version of that too.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Here's also the English version of the "Miniature Venice" video:
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 5,185
    @j_w_pepper what element of Moonraker do they show, do you know that?
    having Venice as a model would allow them to put even 3 Bonds next to each other.
    Connery floating in a gondola through the canal with Tatjana, while Craig is running around the market square and Roger driving in a godola on the Market as well.
    I haven't seen this section yet and don't know how much they elaborate on it. The only thing I found in the videos is the scene where the thugs' motor boat cuts the gondola with the two lovers in half, as I said above at around 1 minute 22 seconds of the video.

They also apparently have a crumbling palazzo, but I don't think it's meant to be the one from CR.

But the fun is finding those things by yourself when you're there anyway. Like in the "Scandinavian" set, the little red-haired girl lifting a polka-dotted horse in front of a colourful wooden villa.
    Here's a question that's chitchatty enough to not merit it's own thread — the longer you've been a member here, the better grasp you'll have I suppose.

Are there any Bond films which you find don't get discussed on here as much as others? Or do you think it just sort of evens out across all the threads? Maybe there are certain ones that you yourself comment on less than others?

Certain ones definitely seem to be discussed more overall (SP for sure, maybe the Craig ones generally because they're more recent). It might just be because of the discussions I'm drawn into, but I don't remember writing too many comments concerning LALD, for instance.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    The man with the golden gun