Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

5739973882_e28c0a7385.jpg

"Why don t you be more careful? What are you doing now?"

"Just brushing up on my Danish."
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited March 2018 Posts: 1,884
    I've been on this forum for over a year now*! <:-P Came here after the infamous *MDb fiasco. No regrets.

*Kicking myself having not posted this on the actual date arggh.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited March 2018 Posts: 45,489
    I've been on this forum for over a year now*! <:-P Came here after the infamous *MDb fiasco. No regrets.

*Kicking myself having not posted this on the actual date arggh.

There is a thread for just that-your birthday/ MI6 anniversary thread. Make sure you remember February 25th next year.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @BondAficionado, happy to have you. IMDb's loss is our gain.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    There is a thread for just that-your birthday/ MI6 anniversary thread. Make sure you remember February 25th next year.
    Didn't know about that thread sorry. But of course. ;)
    Thanks. Yeah, I know that quite a few others joined around that month. Think most of us are still active.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    You can always hold your cursor over the 'Joined' section of your profile, and it'll tell you the exact date and time you joined. Took me ages to realize you could do that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thanks. Yeah, I know that quite a few others joined around that month. Think most of us are still active.
    From what I've seen, the IMDb immigration to MI6C was quite positive. I've had a great many discussions with the likes of @j_w_pepper and @RichardTheBruce, who I believe are ex-IMDbers.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    From what I've seen, the IMDb immigration to MI6C was quite positive. I've had a great many discussions with the likes of @j_w_pepper and @RichardTheBruce, who I believe are ex-IMDbers.

We aim to please...mostly. But seriously, thank you for your compliment.
    Going to tune in to the Oscars tonight for most of it. The choices are not always the best, but I still enjoy following it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Going to tune in to the Oscars tonight for most of it. The choices are not always the best, but I still enjoy following it.

Debating whether to stay awake to watch it, been several years since I watched it live. In UK so it's on very early morning
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2018 Posts: 10,586
    It's a total sham, but as an avid film-goer I feel an obligation to watch it annually.
    I haven't watched it in years but will actually be tuning in tonight. My buddy begged me to, and I do miss making predictions beforehand - even if I haven't seen a good portion of these still. Hoping to change that in the coming weeks now that it looks like most of these are available on blu-ray/digital.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Still awake put Oscars build up on, hope the pretentious ceremony starts soon.
    Dam I was hoping Warren Beatty would be the host.
    God the Oscars is ancient and painful to watch.

I watched mayyyybe 20 minutes and couldn't press on. Painful indeed, now I recall why I haven't watched it in so long.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I watched mayyyybe 20 minutes and couldn't press on. Painful indeed, now I recall why I haven't watched it in so long.

Still watching it's very disingenuous
    Sad to see Dafoe lost to Rockwell. Both were good, but Dafoe’s performance was better I think.
    Sad to see Dafoe lost to Rockwell. Both were good, but Dafoe’s performance was better I think.

As a long time Plummer fan I hoped he may get the nod.

Dunkirk rightfully picked up a few awards.
    Shape of Water wins its first Oscar. Woohoo!

I have only watched a few of the nominated films, though would be happy if Del Torro got best Director, or Nolan

I have only watched a few of the nominated films, though would be happy if Del Torro got best Director, or Nolan

I’m rooting most for Del Toro, but I’d also be happy with a win for Nolan or Paul Thomas Anderson - all 3 very highly talented and proven directors.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,102

I’m rooting most for Del Toro, but I’d also be happy with a win for Nolan or Paul Thomas Anderson - all 3 very highly talented and proven directors.

Not watched the Oscars for some years, though they occasionally reward current film makers based on past achievements.
    Coco wins! A great film.
    Blade Runner 2049 visual effects Oscar well deserved
    YES!!!!!! Now just give it best cinematography!! Deakins please!!!
    Another Oscar for Dunkirk my film of the year (Editing) lol
    Dunkirk deserves those awards. Darn good film.
    I will cry when I see Roger Moore in the In Memoriam segment.
    The Oscars has turned into the MTV awards as I type, Gal Gadot looked like she was having fun.