Superman: The Man of Tomorrow

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That S chip plug/crystal did look like a prop used in Man of Steel. Maybe you’re right.

Although, the Wikipedia is making no claims. Perhaps it’s its own universe/canon like Gotham is.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Krypton not connected to any of the other shows and films.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I would say it's part of the DCEU, going from the style of the "S" symbol.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    25 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE

http://www.thegeektwins.com/2014/02/25-things-you-didnt-know-about-superman.html

1. Christopher Reeve wore a wig to hide his receding hairline.

2. After the failure of Superman III and Supergirl (1984), producer Alexander Salkind assumed the franchise had run its course. He sold the movie rights to low-budget movie producer Cannon Pictures for $5 million.

3. The producers had no script when they asked Christopher Reeve to play Superman, but they let him develop the storyline.

4. Christopher Reeve had sworn off playing Superman again, but agreed to star in Superman IV because Cannon funded his crime drama Street Smart.

5. Street Smart was critically acclaimed and nominated for a Golden Globe and Oscar, but bombed because the studio didn't promote it.

6. The story of Superman fighting for peace was inspired by Christopher Reeve’s narration of a public television show on world peace.

7. Wes Craven was offered the director's job but he and Reeve had creative differences. Craven said Reeve was “kind of upper class.”

8. Gene Hackman refused to work on Superman III because of the way the studio had treated Richard Donner. But he and Margot Kidder agreed to work on Superman IV because of Reeve.

9. Warner Bros gave the producers $36 million, but Cannon Pictures only gave the filmmakers $17 million and used the rest to fund other projects. The first Superman movie cost $55 million.

10. Originally, Christopher Reeve was supposed to play the evil clone, like in Superman II, but they didn't have the budget for the split screen effects.

11. Mark Pillow, who played Nuclear Man (II) had hopes of becoming a bodybuilding actor like Arnold Schwarzenegger. This was his first, and last, feature film role.

12. At the last minute they decided to have Gene Hackman record all Nuclear Man's lines and then have Pillow lip sync them on set. Pillow said this led to his "wooden performance." :))

13. They filmed an early fight scene with Lex Luthor's first attempt at the Nuclear Man (Clive Mantle) but they cut the scene because the special effects were terrible. His white skin and clownish behavior was inspired by the Superman villain Bizarro.

14. Clive Mantle went on to play Lord Greatjon Umber on Game of Thrones.

15. Superman IV called for three times the number of special effects shots than the first three Superman films combined...at a fraction of the budget. :-O

16. The filmmakers planned six months to shoot the flying scenes, but the studio cut it to 30 days.

17. The studio couldn't afford filming Superman's walk to the U.N. in NewYork, so they filmed it in England's Milton Keynes Central railway station by using randomly placed fake fire hydrants and throwing pigeons into the shot.

18. The scene with Superman flying Lenny (Jon Cryer) and Lex Luthor in a convertible was done using a real car suspended 40 feet in the air by a crane with Christopher Reeve wired to the bottom.

19. Jon Cryer is a huge fan of the first film and hoped Superman IV would resurrect the franchise.

20. Stuntman John Lees was doing wire work during a fight scene when his harness snapped and he fell 25 feet to the ground. He suffered career ending injuries.

21. Gene Hackman mispronounced the word "Nuclear" throughout the film even after Jon Cryer tried to correct him.

22. According to Mariel Hemingway, during the Royal Premiere of Superman IV, Prince Charles wouldn't stop talking to her.

23. Christopher Reeve's flying suit from Superman IV sold for $35,000. This is almost half what Reeve's 1978 Superman costume sold for.

24. At the end of the film, Superman paraphrases Eisenhower saying, "there will be peace when the people of the world want it so much that their leaders will have no choice but to give it to them."

25. Because Superman IV bombed, Cannon Group Inc. canceled the next superhero movie they were working on: Spider-Man.
    My Superman The Movie Special Edition boxset arrived, thought I would post it with some of the other Superman items I have.

DSC_0009.JPG
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I actually enjoyed Doomsday. The only animated superhero movie I have seen that I cared for.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns nice collection you've got there!

I don't have as much Superman stuff as I do Batman and Bond, but I do have a couple nice little pieces:

This nice Jim Lee style figure, with the illustrated figure behind him in a neat little box (I call that one "Take on Me" Superman :))

W7Tt2Y4.jpg

And I have some shirts besides the usual "S" logo everyone has: a dark blue Kingdom Come logo shirt and a Red Son one!

t_33613_04.jpg
    715-aglVMXL._UX342_.jpg

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

I don't have as much Superman stuff as I do Batman and Bond, but I do have a couple nice little pieces:

This nice Jim Lee style figure, with the illustrated figure behind him in a neat little box (I call that one "Take on Me" Superman :))

W7Tt2Y4.jpg
    That's really nice man. Good sculpt.
    I have so much Superman stuff it would take an hour to break out and photograph it all properly... but here's me and a friend as Batman pre- 9-11 from across the river.
    tQyVhvS.jpg?1
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,105
    I actually enjoyed Doomsday. The only animated superhero movie I have seen that I cared for.

Me too though I am curious about the upcoming two movie take on The Death of Superman I think it will be closer to the original story.

W7Tt2Y4.jpg

And I have some shirts besides the usual "S" logo everyone has: a dark blue Kingdom Come logo shirt and a Red Son one!

t_33613_04.jpg
    715-aglVMXL._UX342_.jpg

Nice items I love the figure, I have been contemplating getting a Christopher Reeve Hot Toy.

I have a towel Cape also which a girlfriend bought me for Christmas, it makes a lousy towel :))

I have a few framed posters though they are boxed up, alot of my Superman media is now on digital.

Like yourself I have quite a few Batman items, I have always collected DC stuff.
    chrisisall wrote: »

W7Tt2Y4.jpg
    That's really nice man. Good sculpt.
    I have so much Superman stuff it would take an hour to break out and photograph it all properly... but here's me and a friend as Batman pre- 9-11 from across the river.
    tQyVhvS.jpg?1

That's cool sometimes I wish I grew up in the states, Comic book culture is or was not celebrated that much growing up in the UK.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Justice League: The New Frontier, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Batman: Under the Red Hood, and Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox are also worth seeing.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My Superman The Movie Special Edition boxset arrived, thought I would post it with some of the other Superman items I have.

DSC_0009.JPG

I have that same "The Man of Steel" comic cover.
    XGks44ch.jpg
    Murdock wrote: »

DSC_0009.JPG

I have that same "The Man of Steel" comic cover.
    XGks44ch.jpg

Nice! I do like the tin plaques I have a few more, Bond, Batman and The Simpsons lol The Simpsons one is amusing...

NTVDRUJBRDc3QTU1MDQ2REM4RjQ6NWE1MmExYzY1MzU4NjU4ODc4N2I1ODcwNjVmNjBmNGU6Ojo6OjA=
    edited March 2018 Posts: 16,328
    Nice! I do like the tin plaques I have a few more, Bond, Batman and The Simpsons lol The Simpsons one is amusing...

NTVDRUJBRDc3QTU1MDQ2REM4RjQ6NWE1MmExYzY1MzU4NjU4ODc4N2I1ODcwNjVmNjBmNGU6Ojo6OjA=

I have a good number of them. Lots of Star Trek ones and various vintage movie posters. They make for great room decorations. I love that Simpsons one, very funny. :D
    @Murdock I have not come across any Trek tin plaques, I must resist from looking lol

I have alot of framed movie posters and prints my wall space now is limited lol
    @Murdock I have not come across any Trek tin plaques, I must resist from looking lol

When I get a chance, I'll take a picture of them. Most of them are tins of retro Star Trek comic book covers. But still cool all the same. My walls are completely filled up now. :))
    Murdock wrote: »

When I get a chance, I'll take a picture of them. Most of them are tins of retro Star Trek comic book covers. But still cool all the same. My walls are completely filled up now. :))

I had a great TOS large glossy poster booklet with several removable posters when I was young of iconic images from the show, alas I ruined the posters.

My Roku 4K screen savers on my TV are TOS images ;))

Out of curiosity I'll look online at what Trek tin plaques there are.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Awesome t-shirts, @Master_Dahark! The Kingdom Come Superman logo is my favorite of all time!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,105

Has anyone had the chance to watch Krypton? Apparantly it's airing in the UK in the summer, though debating whether to buy season 1 now. Edited: forget that idea it's not available to buy yet.
    Well, apparently, Argo City is back in Supergirl. So the question is : will they bring Streaky and Comet back ?
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,105
    Stumbled on these interviews with Mark McClure and Helen Slater from last weekends SDCC

Great interview, Mark talks about Superman, Christopher Reeve and Donner and how he became Jimmy.

So it seems Margot Kidder committed suicide with a drink and drugs overdose.....sad.
    That is very tragic.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    So sad for her family.
    R.I.P. Margot