No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Perhaps Danny Boyle's upcoming comedy musical is B25.
    "Someone said Craig's final Bond film might not happen?"16b085eabe11d80dffa969230ffc47dd.jpg
    Nolan is not my favourite director, but you'd feel safe he could manage a project of Bond 25's size with ease.
    Bond feels more and more like a dead franchise every day.
    Bond needs to uncouple from Eon. Give it to Warner Bros.
    A Netflix produced period mini-series feels more and more interesting to think about for each day that goes. Can't see it happening, though.
    Anyone. Anyone but EON; they can’t handle it anymore.
  • RC7RC7
    FoxRox wrote: »

Hyperbole. Go and have a pint.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote: »
    The trick is to not believe what you read in the press. That’s from the horses mouth.

Very astute point. I'm careful to only believe what @PanchitoPistoles writes.
    Believe only what Deadline.com, Variety or The Hollywood Reporter writes. Certainly don't believe anything RC7 writes.

I believe EON press releases but then I'm rather old fashioned like that.
    The trick is to not believe what you read in the press. That’s from the horses mouth.

Very astute point. I'm careful to only believe what @PanchitoPistoles writes.
    Believe only what Deadline.com, Variety or The Hollywood Reporter writes. Certainly don't believe anything RC7 writes.

I believe EON press releases but then I'm rather old fashioned like that.

Good point.

Hardly anyone here likes SP much and we’re all frustrated with this stupid wait. No hyperbole; EON has and is screwing up.
    Give it to Disney. I bet they can whip Bond back to 60's shape. Have a two year release gap once again.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Frustrated is an understatement.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Give it to Disney. I bet they can whip Bond back to 60's shape. Have a two year release gap once again.

Good god no.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Even the most trusted sites sometimes get it wrong. But if Boyle isn't directing Bond 25, who is?

They need to find someone within a matter of months, time is running out.

Personally I would love a Bond film in 2020 with a new actor.
    Comment of the month! Take Chris Nolan for example, he can write AND produce AND direct a pretty solid movie every two years. Why do BB and MGW need 4 years to produce a mediocre film?
    Even the most trusted sites sometimes get it wrong. But if Boyle isn't directing Bond 25, who is?

Personally I would just love another Bond film before I'm in my grave.
    Comment of the month! Take Chris Nolan for example, he can write AND produce AND direct a pretty solid movie every two years. Why do BB and MGW need 4 years to produce a mediocre film?

He does really have a foot in every department. Impressive.
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2018 Posts: 10,512

Hardly anyone here likes SP much and we’re all frustrated with this stupid wait. No hyperbole; EON has and is screwing up.

Sorry, but from some of you it’s a case of, ‘Why’s he got sweets! I want some sweets!’.

Listen to @TheWizardOfIce and wait for EON’s move. Otherwise go and watch a Bond, have a pint, smoke a bifter, or bang a girl (or boy).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Sorry, when did this become the ‘Just 17’ forum? Calm down, girls.
    Quite.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Guarantee you EON’s next move is an announcement saying “Bond 25 has been delayed indefinitely.”

edited March 2018 Posts: 7,969

Chris, his Brother and Wife could direct, write and produce (respectively) a Bond trilogy on a par with the original Indiana Jones films. They could make true classics, and short of Martin Campbell getting another go, they definitely the team to take it on. It's the perfect match.
    I heard from top men it will be Stephen Frears directing Bond 25

Who you ask

TOP MEN

Chris, his Brother and Wife could direct, write and produce (respectively) a Bond trilogy on a par with the original Indiana Jones films. They could make true classics, and short of Martin Campbell getting another go, they definitely the team to take it on. It's the perfect match.

Nolan has expressed interest in doing a Bond movie, hasn't he?

Great interest. He's a lifelong fan. Many of his movies feature Bond homages.

And he's killing it right now.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Listen to @TheWizardOfIce and wait for EON’s move. Otherwise go and watch a Bond, have a pint, smoke a bifter, or bang a girl (or boy).

Thanks, I'll do that simultaneously.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,241

In an interview setting, as well? The homages are there, for sure.

Personally I would just love another Bond film before I'm in my grave.

I'm afraid I find myself struggling to disagree with that statement.

Yes, he has said he would love to do one "some day". He says that it would "need reinvention" for him to do it, which is a polite way of saying he wants to start from scratch and have a say in who is Bond etc.

Yes, he has said he would love to do one "some day". He says that it would "need reinvention" for him to do it, which is a polite way of saying he wants to start from scratch and have a say in who is Bond etc.

That's understandable. He likes to have his creative control - but will EON let him?