'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

Wow now WHO IS SHE PLAYING!?!?!?

Also
    DW Magazine has hinted at a Rerurn of the dalkes.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,350
    RC7 wrote:
    Jenna-Lousie Coleman served me in a restaurant in Hampstead about 18 months ago. I recognised her and eventually asked if she was still acting. I found it endearing that she seemed so completely down to earth and willing to do something most actors would never do just to fund her career.

Wow, that must mean something very special to you now. You've met the new Who companion!

@Virage
    The Daleks will feature somewhere from episode 6 - 13, so in 2013 and with Coleman. That's all we know though.

It will be nice to have them back, after what will be a three year break.
    I have just realised she was a regular on Emmerdale where she played a lesbian called Jasmine (isnt everyone in ED a lezza?)

Actually, she was a little bland.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    @Virage
    The Daleks will feature somewhere from episode 6 - 13, so in 2013 and with Coleman. That's all we know though.

It will be nice to have them back, after what will be a three year break.
    no they'll be with Arthur and Karen in the first half. Probably because the Daleks are designed around Karen. ALSO one of the producers has hinted the Daleks will get a paint job to make them look less like 'Teletubbies'

Good choice, she was born in 1986 so older than karen gillian.
    Virage wrote:
    Wow now WHO IS SHE PLAYING!?!?!?

Also
    DW Magazine has hinted at a Rerurn of the dalkes.

Been rumours she may not be human, another romana perhap's :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Anyone for an interview clip?

Certainly looking forward to seeing what she can do and what she will get mixed up in? But i must say i will miss the chemistry between Matt, Karen and Arthur!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Courtesy of DWO, the Series 7 teaser trailer:

http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/#Series-7-Teaser-Trailer

And how about a promo pic of JLC...

cult_doctor_who_jenna_louise_coleman.jpg
    What is she wearing!?!
    Virage wrote:
    What is she wearing!?!

Looks like tom bakers scarf Lol
    I like it. Almost like the - gasp - Sixth Doctor's costume. And it matches with what the Doctor currently wears. And are the skirts back? :D

Nice trailer and worth noting, Doctor Who returned to our screen seven years ago today!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I'll think she'll do ok. Just becuase she's been in a soap, i'm not going to put her down. Melissa George started in Home And Away, and she's now one of my favourite actresses.
    Yes it's wrong to judge soap actors harshly. There are some outstanding actors in soaps who go on to other, greater things or in some cases are simply comfortable where they are.
    And in the case of Guy Pearce I remember seeing him in Neighbours in the late 80s and thinking he was about the blandest and poorest actor I had ever seen. Now look at him!

Jenna.sflb.ashx&width=580&height=350&quality=85

More pictures according to the Radio Times are on their way tomorrow.
    Nice find, Sam. She's very pretty, which is half the battle won. I imagine the 5" figure of her character is going to sell out. ;)
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 1,856
    SERIES 7 TRAILER #1
    BBC AMERICA VERSION
    Enjoy :)>-
    Virage wrote:
    SERIES 7 TRAILER #1
    BBC AMERICA VERSION
    Enjoy :)>-

This looks as good as ever! Love the Dr's last line where he says give me a Dalek anyday! lol
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Cowboys and Aliens
    I was thinking WestWorld with Brinner as the cyborg cowboy! What a classic movie!
    NicNac wrote:
    Cowboys and Aliens

Of the good kind.

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Oooh, liking the trailer. Very much. Very much, indeed.

Interesting they've released one so soon, though - I mean, surely they've only filmed three or four episodes of the next series so far? Ho ho.

As for this...
    cult_doctor_who_jenna_louise_coleman.jpg

Nice to see she's got her shoes under the table quickly - clearly she's already time-travelled... back to the '70s.

I thank you... :p
    7020242079_7766314539_b.jpg

6874139624_25bb889f1a_b.jpg

dwm446.jpg
    "What daleks are returning?"
    "ALL OF THEM!!
    And in episode 1, rumour has it! :)
    DVD Active have published their review for the Ace Boxset. One each for the two stories (The Happiness Patroll & Dragonfire) included.

http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd/ace-adventures-the-happiness-patrol.html
    http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd/ace-adventures-dragonfire.html

I'm really excited for this. One McCoy DVD release is enough to send me into a geeky frenzy, and now we get two. \:D/
    Samuel001 wrote:

Steven moffat has said it is called.....
    Something of the something. So yes.

• Virage wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Steven moffat has said it is called.....
    Something of the something. So yes.

Hopefully they don't revive Davros again.

He is the Doctor's Blofeld, so I think we shall see him again sometime.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6,432
    A few idea's on who the big bad is, is the doctor on trial again and my theory on Rory...
    The omega symbal has appeared a few times during seasons 5 and 6 on the clerics uniform in Time of the angels and in A good man goes to war. I am convinced this is all leading to Omega attempting to free himself from the anti matter universe. Also in seasons 5 and 6, eyes appear several times seemingly observing the Doctor, the eyes of Atraxi in Eleventh hour. An eye on the computer screen on the bridge of the Byzantiun in Flesh and stone appearing to watch River and the Doctor. In Rebel flesh, eyes appear in a corridor the Doctor comments that they are being judged. Also an eye appears in a draw in the dolls house in Night terrors. All coincidence? not likely knowing Moffat.

Also think Rory is actually dead and he only exists because amy keeps willing him back into reality. Rory had no room in God complex simply because he is a facsimile of sort's and i think the doctor know's it, the silence appear to know it. In the episode wedding of river song the Silents say to Rory 'The man that dies and dies again'
    I'm not sure about putting the Doctor on trial. Yes it worked the first time, but it was problematic the 2nd time.

And that's an interesting theory on Rory, a very workable one.