BOND SCRIPTS

Comments

• edited January 2018 Posts: 613
    Revelator wrote: »
    In one of my earlier posts I forgot to mention another film with a rich, tantalizing script history: Octopussy. The Taschen Bond book discusses the earliest version of the script:

Do you have a link to the book you're referring to here?
    Revelator wrote: »
    On a non-Bondian note, take a look at this entry in Maibaum's script collection:
    Batman:
    Notes for a revision of Michael Uslan's screenplay.
    Screenplay by Michael Uslan, 1979. Revisions by Richard Maibaum.

Wondering if this was intended for Guy Hamilton to direct. I know Hamilton was approached by Uslan to helm BATMAN, but I thought it was much later than '79.

I'd like to read Maibaum's adaptation of the Donald E. Westlake novel The Fugitive Pigeon, which he did for Columbia Pictures in '65.

Escalus5 wrote: »
    Do you have a link to the book you're referring to here?

Certainly: The James Bond Archives.
    Wondering if this was intended for Guy Hamilton to direct. I know Hamilton was approached by Uslan to helm BATMAN, but I thought it was much later than '79.

Good question. And it's funny that Tom Mankiewicz later took a swing at Batman in the early 80s.
    Was there ever a script for AVTAK written with the Halley's Comet storyline or was that just an early idea that was thrown around?
  • coco1997 wrote: »
    Was there ever a script for AVTAK written with the Halley's Comet storyline or was that just an early idea that was thrown around?

Might be in a treatment. I read an early draft of AVTAK where it's clear that Zorin was modeled after David Bowie, down to have two different eye colors.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Just for let you know, if you are a resident of the USA, you can probably access to all the scripts of Maibaum in Iowa, and the John Cork collection (who even include the script of "Jinx'" cancelled spin-off !) in Los Angeles : http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/scua/msc/tomsc150/msc149/msc149.html & http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8pz5bbw/entire_text/

Are anything of these on a digital format? Could it be read online? I'm from Spain!
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Just for let you know, if you are a resident of the USA, you can probably access to all the scripts of Maibaum in Iowa, and the John Cork collection (who even include the script of "Jinx'" cancelled spin-off !) in Los Angeles : http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/scua/msc/tomsc150/msc149/msc149.html & http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8pz5bbw/entire_text/

Are anything of these on a digital format? Could it be read online? I'm from Spain!

Nope. You either visit the archives or have someone do it for you.
    No that I know unfortunally, otherwise I would read and resume them (I'm also from the "old continent" sadly, France).
  • That first Octopussy draft sounds great. I'm surprised they still haven't done a Bond is framed and turns fugitive story to be honest. I guess there's DAD, but he sorted that fairly quickly.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I can definitely see Dalton in that film.
  • It sounds like it would have been a great set up for a Bond/Blofeld final showdown too. I love OP as it is so can't complain but that sounds so exciting. Would have been even more of a radical shift than LTK was and I think because they were 20 years in at that point, stuff like M being killed, Moneypenny being fired, Bond being set up and forced to go on the run, it all would have felt so high stakes. If they did something similar now it'd feel a bit played out in a lot of ways after so many films of traitors and trust issues and drama, but imagine the impact it would have had in 1983.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited January 2018 Posts: 17,728
    That first Octopussy draft sounds great. I'm surprised they still haven't done a Bond is framed and turns fugitive story to be honest. I guess there's DAD, but he sorted that fairly quickly.

They could film Raymond Benson's Doubleshot (2000) if they ever wanted to go down that route.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    That first Octopussy draft sounds great. I'm surprised they still haven't done a Bond is framed and turns fugitive story to be honest. I guess there's DAD, but he sorted that fairly quickly.
    They could film Raymond Benson's Doubleshot (2000) if they ever wanted to go down that route.
    That would be terrific! Imagine Bond encountering his double at a bullring.
  • ChriskarrChriskarr Spain
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Chriskarr wrote: »
    What I have read is that in May 1993, producers hired Richard Smith and John Cork to write drafts for future films (surely Bond 18). variety.com/1993/film/news/danjaq-on-bond-wagon-with-two-script-deals-107186/

The new issue of MI6 Confidential has an article on the Smith treatment.

And what is the plot? Can you share it, please?
  • PlykshowPlykshow Kent, United Kingdom
    Chriskarr wrote: »
    Hopefully someone will buy it and share it in PDF.
    scriptcity.com/index.php?p=product&id=40668

Well if somebody buy the PDF of Bond 17 or TLD script in Scriptcity, i'm ready to exchange the Bond scripts I have buyed with him...

I have a complete PDF photocopy of the Wilson/Ruggiero treatment for Bond 17. PM me your email and I'll send it.

I also would love to get my hands on the Will Davies and Osbourne script. If anyone wants to share, please let me know. This area of the Bond films is my speciality ;P
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 847
    Well since I post that, I have aquired the full treatment (in fact 2 of them, it's exactly the same, just the opening page with the credits is different), but I thanks you for your solicitude :) . I'm interrested by the Davies/Osbourne script too and by all the thing who are not in my list on page 5.
  • ChriskarrChriskarr Spain
    edited August 2018 Posts: 46
    I already have a pdf photocopy of the Bond 17 treatment of Ruggiero/Wilson.
    I'm interested by the Will Davies and Will Osbourne script too. If I find something, I'll let you know. I hope we have a pdf copy someday.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 847
    I like the ricochet bit.
    Was Vanbrugh eventually Davidov I wonder .
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 847
    I just remarked that I haven't this one : https://www.scriptcity.com/all-scripts/movie-scripts/license-to-kill-detail

Well if somebody have a PDF copy, I'm would be ready to trade it against one other script have (I have also True Lies 2 script btw).
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    anybody know where to find a script of skyfall?
    The Goldfinger script seems almost like a continuity script with everything exactly as it is in the final film, right down to having Bond will return in Thunderball. Didn't it originally read in On Her Majesty's Secret Service and changed later?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2019 Posts: 17,728
    BT3366 wrote: »
    The Goldfinger script seems almost like a continuity script with everything exactly as it is in the final film, right down to having Bond will return in Thunderball. Didn't it originally read in On Her Majesty's Secret Service and changed later?

Yes, it says "Transcript" on it at the start, so that is what it presumably is, as opposed to a dated film script.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's merely a transcribed version of the film, yes. People are after the actual working scripts, which typically vary and change in certain aspects from what we actually see on screen in the finished film. I'd personally love to see the QoS script (if a full, complete one even exists, considering they were writing away even as they filmed).
  • BT3366 wrote: »

It said OHMSS for the U.K. release (September 1964) and Thunderball for the U.S. release (December '64). Eon and McClory cut their deal inbetween.
    Any body know how to get the real Skyfall script?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I don't think anyone does, asking again won't yield further results. Nobody here has it and it's not available through Google searches.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I don't think anyone does, asking again won't yield further results. Nobody here has it and it's not available through Google searches.

@Creasy47 your right unless I pull a Goldfinger heist ;) =P~ $-)
  • ChulaChula New York
    I have a number of the early (Connery/Moore) scripts. I used to buy them at a movie memorabilia store in NY back in the '70s. Some scripts were impossible to get even back then; but if those could not be obtained, the guy at the movie memorabilia store offered me something called a RELEASE SCRIPT. They were exact, shot for shot blueprints of how the final film was released. If you are into film, they are really fascinating to go through.

The first page here is from the night ski chase scene, the second is Bond and Tracy in the barn. Notice how detailed these scripts are. What reel, what shot, exactly how long the shot is, what camera angle/movement (example MCU = medium close up), all sound heard during the shot...insanely detailed.

IMG-0012.jpg

IMG-0013.jpg
This discussion has been closed.