Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Started Uncharted last night. I did half the game (11 chapters) in six and half hours straight. Great fun.

Hopefully I'll finish it over the next day or two and post my thoughts in that thread.

The first Uncharted??

No, the third, the most recent one. I'm sure I mentioned it a while ago somewhere.

I think you where the one Bardy, who linked to the thread that I should post my views in once I've completed it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Started Uncharted last night. I did half the game (11 chapters) in six and half hours straight. Great fun.

Hopefully I'll finish it over the next day or two and post my thoughts in that thread.

The first Uncharted??

No, the third, the most recent one. I'm sure I mentioned it a while ago somewhere.

I think you where the one Bardy, who linked to the thread that I should post my views in once I've completed it.

Yes, I am awaiting your feedback patiently. :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Sam, if you have not played Uncharted & Uncharted 2, you really should, all 3 games are really good.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sam, if you have not played Uncharted & Uncharted 2, you really should, all 3 games are really good.

Yes, you need to get the backstory for the characters, and Uncharted 2 is an absolute masterpiece of a game. Uncharted 3 had no chance.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 2,107
    I'm playing Uncharted 3 again. After this one I have to buy the first two games again since I sold my copies away last year to get some new games in their place. I rarely keep any games these days. Even the good ones. Must be 'cause I'm broke most of the time and can't keep on buying a new games without exchanging some games from my collection.

But, yes, I agree that all Uncharted games are great. Closest you get to an adventure trilogy like Indiana Jones in games.
    Don't worry, I'm played them both.

Just done another two hours and six chapters worth.

I'll get the last five done tomorrow hopefully and then let you know what I think.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Don't worry, I'm played them both.

Just done another two hours and six chapters worth.

I'll get the last five done tomorrow hopefully and then let you know what I think.

They truly are "can't put me down" video games. That's saying something nowadays. I could beat Uncharted 2 all the way through in one sitting if I had to. It's just so enjoyable to play.
    I've never gone through and game this quickly in a long time and it feels so good to do so again. The last time I played for six hours must have been at least eight years ago.

I'll get back on and finish it in a while, fingers crossed.
    If they ever released a DLC skin that simply turned Nathan Drake into Indiana Jones, that would be a game I would never stop playing
    Just like Mercenaries with Han Solo!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I'm on the way downloading Battlefield 3 for more than 1 month. By now, i'm just playing Driver: San Francisco, making some gameplays for videos in Youtube. Also playing online Command & Conquer: Renegade, a cool FPS/TPS shooter back from 2002.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Loving the uncharted Appreciation guys :D favourite series ever ( game wise that is lol ), Any of you guys got FIFA street? Got it today , is it any good?
    I have finally started playing the original Bioshock in preparation for Bioshock Infinate. I never beat the first one and my saved data got erased so it's good to play it again. Also for any baseball fans, I've been playing MLB 12 The Show. Absolutely fantastic baseball sim. Go White Sox!
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Done. I really did love it. In total I thought I spent 11 hours but according to the stats it's on 9 hours - am I improving. ;)

I'll post my thoughts soon, probably tomorrow. I will say though I'd be happy if the series was left there. A fourth game has a lot to live up to and as the years go by expectation will grow, so maybe as much as we want it, we shouldn't have it. The ending even brought it back round to the first game again - just brilliant.
    Just reinstalled Doom 3.
    Great Game.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Assassin's Reed: Revelations

Now i've finished the main story, I an weigh in on my thoughts. Rought about 3/4 of the way through, I started to loose interest in completing the game, it felt like I had done all this before. Looking back, I don't know why I let the Tower Defense missions get to me, as I didn't have that many of them, it was just a matter of keeping my awareness low enough, and asinging an assassin to each tower. There is still that movement proble when I thry to get Ezio ti run up a wall, not quite head-on, and he'd just run straight into the wall and not climb it. For me, the best parts of the game, were getting to play as Altair as different points through his life. It's sounds like Ubi have taken a lot of critisism on board as AC3 is giving the series a (much needed) overhaul

The ranking:
    1. Assassin's Creed
    2. Assassin's Creed 2
    3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    4. Assassin's Creed: Revelations

It may not be as deep, or have as much features as those that followed, but the original game with Altair and the 1191 setting still remain my favourite.

Now i've finished the main story, I an weigh in on my thoughts. Rought about 3/4 of the way through, I started to loose interest in completing the game, it felt like I had done all this before. Looking back, I don't know why I let the Tower Defense missions get to me, as I didn't have that many of them, it was just a matter of keeping my awareness low enough, and asinging an assassin to each tower. There is still that movement proble when I thry to get Ezio ti run up a wall, not quite head-on, and he'd just run straight into the wall and not climb it. For me, the best parts of the game, were getting to play as Altair as different points through his life. It's sounds like Ubi have taken a lot of critisism on board as AC3 is giving the series a (much needed) overhaul

The ranking:
    1. Assassin's Creed
    2. Assassin's Creed 2
    3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    4. Assassin's Creed: Revelations

It may not be as deep, or have as much features as those that followed, but the original game with Altair and the 1191 setting still remain my favourite.

My ranking is

1. Assassin's creed 2

2. Assassin's creed: Revelations

3. Assassin's creed

4. Assassin's creed brotherhood

I liked the 1st game, I didn't care about alot of the stuff people critiscised (Altairs american accent, the modern day stuff being revealed straight away), for me the thing that let's it down is the side missions. In the other games we got side missions like protecting a gondola while it's being shot at by archers, dressing up as a lute player and protecting a prince, and free running after a boat of enemies over some rapids while being shot at. In the 1st game we had pick pocketing, eavesdropping and interrogating. It just got boring.

I like AC 2 the best because it had the great revenge plot, the Italy setting, and it followed Ezio through most of his life. I also like Revelations alot because of Istanbul, the fresh story, and we get to play as Altair AND Ezio. AC 3 will hopefully freshen things up a bit, but I hope they don't change too much.
    DCisared wrote:
    Any of you guys got FIFA street? Got it today , is it any good?

I haven't played the new one but I loved the original. FIFA 12 is great though.
    I liked the 1st game, I didn't care about alot of the stuff people critiscised (Altairs american accent, the modern day stuff being revealed straight away), for me the thing that let's it down is the side missions. In the other games we got side missions like protecting a gondola while it's being shot at by archers, dressing up as a lute player and protecting a prince, and free running after a boat of enemies over some rapids while being shot at. In the 1st game we had pick pocketing, eavesdropping and interrogating. It just got boring.

I never picked up on Altair's american acent. As for the side missions, I never got bored of those. I guess I was having a bit too much fun walking (or running) about as a stone cold stoic Assassin. It's the only games that makes me want to know more about that time in history.

With A2, I liked the introduction of money/income, and the wealth of weapons available. I didn't really have any problem with the game, I just never got that interested in Ezio or that setting.

Brotherhood was pretty much the same as AC2, but with the introduction of the recruitment idea, which I actually did like.

Revelations felt like it's more of an add-on to AC2. The only parts that I enjoyed were the Altair missions, of which there were only 5 and they were spread out.

AC3 looks like it's going to be really good. I like the sound of...
    weather changes and hazzards such as bears hunting Connor.
    Not sure if anyone here has played Fallout New Vegas. I bought it when it was new and never really put too much time into it. However, I recently say a youtube video that showed you how to keep ALL the gold in that 'Dead Money' DLC! I tried it and now I'm freaking RICH!!! It was such a pleasure to visit the gun runners store and buy whatever I felt like!
    From Russia with Love

If I hadn't got this when I did, and played it when I did, then I probably wouldn't like it as much. It's the nostalgia and memories put into this game that makes it more enjoyable than just taking it for its gameplay. However, the gameplay is decent, I'll say that. Then again, some areas are very poor, such as the lack of stealth and the amount of ammunition it takes to accomplish certain tasks. Also, the storyline is severely messed up since they added so many useless pieces of rather cheap action just to fill up more levels.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    00Beast wrote:
    From Russia with Love

If I hadn't got this when I did, and played it when I did, then I probably wouldn't like it as much. It's the nostalgia and memories put into this game that makes it more enjoyable than just taking it for its gameplay. However, the gameplay is decent, I'll say that. Then again, some areas are very poor, such as the lack of stealth and the amount of ammunition it takes to accomplish certain tasks. Also, the storyline is severely messed up since they added so many useless pieces of rather cheap action just to fill up more levels.

So basically I need to stay the hell away from it, yes??
    So basically I need to stay the hell away from it, yes??

It's definitely a fun game, but they totally pull action scenes out of thin air. I honestly wonder why they picked FRWL instead of something with a little move action- they could have even made up a whole new story and still used Connery.

Me- I hooked up the old XBOX last night and played some Everything or Nothing. Damn that game is way better than I even remember! I had an old save on there but I started a whole new file because I couldn't remember one bit of the story. But now I'll try to play some every evening until I beat it
    Re-bought and replayed Uncharted 1 & 2 and because a thirst for adventuring I started replaying the good'ol Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis point-and-click adventure.

@Master_Dahark: Yeah, I agree that FRWL was probably the wrong choice for a Bond game. The movie is fantastic, and there wasn't any reason to mess up the classic story. If they wanted a Connery Bond so badly, they should have used either Thunderball or You Only Live Twice.
    It should have been an original story set in the swinging 60's. It helps me to think that it's just another adaptation from the novel From Russia With Love, sharing some content from the movie and making up some new. In my opinion it's still a fun game. It's like Goldeneye Reloaded. It takes some and it gives some and changes some things altogether.
    Not sure if anyone here has played Fallout New Vegas. I bought it when it was new and never really put too much time into it. However, I recently say a youtube video that showed you how to keep ALL the gold in that 'Dead Money' DLC! I tried it and now I'm freaking RICH!!! It was such a pleasure to visit the gun runners store and buy whatever I felt like!

I loved New Vegas, but I had it on my old 360 and I have a ps3 now.

I'm thinking of getting skyrim once I have the spare cash, anybody know if it's any good???
    00Beast wrote:
    @Master_Dahark: Yeah, I agree that FRWL was probably the wrong choice for a Bond game. The movie is fantastic, and there wasn't any reason to mess up the classic story. If they wanted a Connery Bond so badly, they should have used either Thunderball or You Only Live Twice.

I would have preferred YOLT as a game, but I think that the movie should have been more like the game. That would make a great film!

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Finally finished Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker.....incredible game!!!!!!!!!!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Battlefield 3 is more than 1 month downloading... i hope it is worth...fuckthatshit.png

Has anyone already played it?
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Battlefield 3 is more than 1 month downloading... i hope it is worth...fuckthatshit.png

Has anyone already played it?
    WHAT?!