'Love is in the air'.......Valentine's Day Thread xxxx

edited February 2018 in General Discussion Posts: 19,339
Valentines Day comes but once a year (thank God).

Simple question.

Any plans for you or your loved one,or can't be arsed,or maybe lonely ?

Do tell............................................

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Card and a box of chocolates for Mrs.Benny
    She's not that big on flowers...and she got a lot of jewellery for Christmas.
    We keep it fairly simple on Valentines day.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I buy my wife flowers quite often, so I don't feel guilt tripped into buying them on the 14th Feb just because tradition dictates.
    Probably sink a bottle of red together and watch TV
    We are off for a meal tonight (got a great deal on it he he ) and tomorrow we will just snuggle in front of the TV.

We don't go in for over-priced flowers and all that malarkey.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 3,144
    Dinner for two cooked by me ,pan seared scallops with Parma ham,to start then Skate Wings in a brown butter and caper sauce, upside down French apple tart with cream ,and a bottle of fizz
    No flowers as The florists treat Valentine's Day as a opportunity to rip people off
    To be honest I don't need a specific day to tell Her Ladyship I love her
    Bit of a Gordon Ramsay are we @Mrcoggins ?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited February 2018 Posts: 3,157
    I got dumped two days ago. This is gonna be the best Valentine ever.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    @Walecs, do believe me, mate, being on your own is better. ;)

My latest ex-girlfriend was abnormally clingy in every aspect, I started to like being single and have time for myself whenever and however I want. It recruited me to Bond’s ideology of “enjoying bachelor’s taste for freedom” and it’s worth it. :))

Glad I don’t have to worry about anybody on Valentine’s Day and spend the day like any other.
    Another opportunity for the market to sell people junk they don't need leveraging off guilt.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I hope you used the line:
    "Should have warned you, my relationships don't last either."
    When you broke up @ClarkDevlin :))
    She definitely got the thrust of it, @00Agent. :))
    00Agent wrote: »
    I hope you used the line:
    "Should have warned you, my relationships don't last either."
    When you broke up @ClarkDevlin :))

:))

The funny thing is about my relationship played out in a very similar way to Bond and Vesper's (luckly, no one died).
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    My latest ex-girlfriend was abnormally clingy in every aspect, I started to like being single and have time for myself whenever and however I want. It recruited me to Bond’s ideology of “enjoying bachelor’s taste for freedom” and it’s worth it. :))

Glad I don’t have to worry about anybody on Valentine’s Day and spend the day like any other.

Love that. I imagine a line of ex GFs standing out in the rain, possibly welding baseball bats. ;)
    NicNac wrote: »

Love that. I imagine a line of ex GFs standing out in the rain, possibly welding baseball bats. ;)
    Haha, when you gotta go you gotta go. :))

A new version of the 'St Valentine's day massacre' but with ex-birds instead of Al Capone !!
    barryt007 wrote: »

A new version of the 'St Valentine's day massacre' but with ex-birds instead of Al Capone !!
    More like this:

SXP98121101.jpg
    /please delete/

Not at all Barry more like my late friend Keith who taught me to cook
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Single again and will be for foreseeable future, I am in cynical mode when it comes to Valentines lol
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I asked my girl if it would be enough to stay in and watch a Bond movie of her choice. It wasn't. Better go find my wallet. Lol good thing I'm a closet romantic.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »

I was going to say Floydy but changed my mind at the last minute..he is my favourite as well !

I don't like Valentine's Day: when you're single it's depressing and when you're in a relationship it's stressful. Got a chocolate box and a few chocolate roses for my wife that should be enough for this year.

But don't forget that tomorrow is the time to buy chocolates on the cheap.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I don't like Valentine's Day: when you're single it's depressing and when you're in a relationship it's stressful. Got a chocolate box and a few chocolate roses for my wife that should be enough for this year.

But don't forget that tomorrow is the time to buy chocolates on the cheap.

Exactly...just like after Easter with the eggs.

I was going to say Floydy but changed my mind at the last minute..he is my favourite as well !

He was a grand chap I worked for him in the kitchen for a few years ,would not of missed our time together for all the world.

He was a grand chap I worked for him in the kitchen for a few years ,would not of missed our time together for all the world.

Wow that's brilliant !!
    Is he as chilled and mad as he is on TV ?

Was he ever ! Depends on what time of day it was !...
    Wine o'clock usually haha
    Wine ! Well yes but never before 9AM.
    Haha typical Floyd bless him !
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm in the Can't be arsed camp ;-)
    Valentines Day has little to do with love. Love is shown every day in the things you do and the way you feel about someone. To openly have to demonstrate it with tacky cards, flowers chocs etc , IMHO undermines the love that is there for the other 364 days of the year. It's a horrible thing, Valentines Day