Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm hoping there will be gameplay. Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro and Norman Reedus will all be there.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2017 Posts: 28,694
    I'll be interested to see if there's anything Red Dead related, as Rockstar are a major supporter/sponsor of the show and there was a rumor of them pulling out from showing RDR2 gameplay last year just after they made their October reveal. We could see our first bit of gameplay, but R usually do things independently so I don't expect anything.

I hope there are some great reveals of new titles, and maybe some Spider-Man gameplay.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll be interested to see if there's anything Red Dead related, as Rockstar are a major supporter/sponsor of the show and there was a rumor of them pulling out from showing RDR2 gameplay last year just after they made their October reveal. We could see our first bit of gameplay, but R usually do things independently so I don't expect anything.

I hope there are some great reveals of new titles, and maybe some Spider-Man gameplay.

I'll go ahead and just take RDR2 now, please. That's one of my only guaranteed gaming purchases of 2018; you know it's going to be brilliant.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'll go ahead and just take RDR2 now, please. That's one of my only guaranteed gaming purchases of 2018; you know it's going to be brilliant.

Same, @Creasy47. As far as I can tell, RDR2, Spider-Man[/]i and the new AC game will be my major purchases as far as new games go in the coming year. Not really excited for anything else at the moment.
    Here's the YouTube stream for the awards, if anyone wanted an easy way to watch:

I figure there will be thirty minutes of pre-show before things kick off at 6 PST or 9 EST, but I'm not 100% sure.
    First big reveal: a video game based on World War Z. Originally I thought it was going to be Left For Dead 3.
    First big reveal: a video game based on World War Z. Originally I thought it was going to be Left For Dead 3.

I would've been offline for a few days because I would've had a heart attack if L4D3 was announced.
    @Creasy47, I can't believe it hasn't happened yet, honestly.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Valve doesn't understand the number 3.
    Hell of an opening with that orchestra!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited December 2017 Posts: 7,889
    Delete
    Good to see Cuphead win for its amazing art direction.
    You can always count on Kojima to bring a fascinating mix of pretension and confusion to the proceedings.

It's really funny to see Norman Reedus and Kojima play off each other, though. Cool dudes.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Looks like GTA V is paying another homage to Bond in it's new DLC update. This time around, TSWLM Lotus Sprit.

giphy.gif
    Looks like GTA V is paying another homage to Bond in it's new DLC update. This time around, TSWLM Lotus Sprit.

giphy.gif

There's also going to be jet packs, apparently. Fell off the wagon with the game a while back now, so don't really know any details.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 28,694
    That developer from A Way Out has been the cringe-inducing highlight of the show thus far. I love seeing Geoff unable to reign someone in, much like he failed to with Joel McHale a few years back.
    Well, all in all I can't say that the show lived up to the mantra of "expect the unexpected" in my eyes. There weren't any reveals I really thought were mind blowing and the show traveled on a pretty stable and unmoving "alright" wave.

It was definitely an improvement over the last few years, though. The use of a big orchestra and less of a focus on corporate marketing and cringe-inducing promotional skits not only made the awards feel more focused, but also made games themselves feel like a credible piece of entertainment that was worthy of an awards show that took its content seriously. It felt like a real show, basically, and a lot of credit must go to Geoff and all the devs and publishers who helped support and fund the show to make it all possible. This year really felt like a show, and I hope the momentum continues in the future as it moves further and further away from the old Spike model that disgraced games instead of celebrating them.
    Cyberpunk 2077 posts its first tweet in four years. Perhaps a new teaser/concrete information is on the way soon?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/01/10/cyberpunk-2077-posts-a-very-cryptic-very-significant-tweet/#dd649807e0a2
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon

giphy.gif

Recently played this mission in the Dooms Day Heist. Loved the car and the control of the under water features. I have enough to purchase the car, but I am holding out on a possible sale, as it is currently listed for $3million.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @MajorDSmythe @00Agent @BMW_with_missiles

https://uploadvr.com/modder-brings-spy-thriller-no-one-lives-forever-2-vr/

If you, chaps, want to play the second NOLF game on VR, that has already become a reality, as we speak. ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

If you, chaps, want to play the second NOLF game on VR, that has already become a reality, as we speak. ;)

That's awesome! I really have to get into VR at some point.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I'd really like to play it (and the original) on my PS4, and if it wasn't too much to ask, some sequels too. Damn rights, why did they have to go and get all tangled up?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Don't have VR yet, but this will be on my list as soon as i get it.
    Being able to play older classics like this in a new way will be a big draw for me to get myself VR glasses. As soon as they have a reasonable price
    edited February 2018 Posts: 40,371
    Red Dead Redemption II delayed yet again to October 26th, new screens released:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/01/red-dead-redemption-2-delayed-to-october

Shame, Rockstar used to be so good at announcing dates they knew they'd make, but ever since GTA IV they've been hampered with delays it seems. Better be good, one of the few games I'll likely pick up in 2018.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 12,837

Shame, Rockstar used to be so good at announcing dates they knew they'd make, but ever since GTA IV they've been hampered with delays it seems. Better be good, one of the few games I'll likely pick up in 2018.

I hate sounding impatient/entitled but in cases like this but when it gets delayed for a year or more in total, it just makes me think why bother announcing the original date? I have no idea what developing games is like and I'm sure it's very stressful and challenging but could they really not have anticipated this when they decided on the first date?

I hate sounding impatient/entitled but in cases like this but when it gets delayed for a year or more in total, it just makes me think why bother announcing the original date? I have no idea what developing games is like and I'm sure it's very stressful and challenging but could they really not have anticipated this when they decided on the first date?

I've been shouting this for YEARS: at this rate, they have to know what's a plausible release window. I'm tired of games being announced so far in advance, just to be delayed endlessly. And the kicker is Rockstar used to be great at this: they don't make any sort of announcement until the last minute, because at that moment, they know when the game will definitely be ready. However, they've bungled the last few release windows for their titles. I'm worried about the state of the online too, considering Rockstar has confirmed they'll only be getting more aggressive with microtransactions in the future.
    It'll likely be the last game by Rockstar with a strong focus on single player. Future titles will have a multiplayer slant even worse than they now, if not outright multiplayer only.

I still remember the days when Rockstar didn't have multiplayer in their games.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I still remember the days when Rockstar didn't have multiplayer in their games.
    Beautiful days, weren’t they?
    I'm not that affected by this, really. I think Spider-Man for PS4 will hit around summer or at least the first half of 2018, so I'll have something to keep me busy while I wait for RDR 2. I just want a great game, especially when the game in question is a sequel to my all-time favorite game, and Rockstar never delay unless they feel they need to. For those curious about delays, games are only getting harder to make and for a game this massive, not only in production stresses but also as a narrative that will be hyped through the roof, Rockstar would need more time than usual to make sure it really performs.

The reason I still respect Rockstar is because they not only release great narrative games, they also release games that actually come out optimized and playable. They make developers like Bethesda look like amateurs, for instance, because they don't play around, do it right and give their consumers a product they can enjoy without worrying of thousands of patches or constant crashes and black screens. They are by far the most professional and qualitatively impressive developer out there right now beside NaughtyDog, for making games that reach high technical and narrative standards without fail.

If the game needs more time, I am happy to give that time to them as this game means a lot and should be given as much as it's needed to truly reach its pinnacle before release. We're talking about one of the biggest ever game sequels that will absolutely bring John Marston back into the frame somehow, a story that has an immense narrative potential to be special. There's also reason to believe that the game has constantly developed and changed over time, meaning more time would be needed to meld that vision, whether that's in changes to narrative or the addition of multiplayer after the team saw how GTA Online did around 2013/2014. To predict the best date to release the game on Rockstar would've needed a crystal ball, so I don't sweat them on these delays. They always have numerous delays, so if you're going to be a consumer of a Rockstar title you expect to never stick to one date or get too attached to any one release date they announce. The thing that sets them apart is that the wait is always worth it, and they never come out with something that feels rushed or sloppy. With this in mind, I know that I will be nothing but moved and impressed when I sit down to play this game come the fall.
  • @Brady Which Bethesda games have you had a problem with? Because I hear this a lot but Skyrim and Fallout 4 were fine for me. The only one I remember being really glitchy at first was Fallout New Vegas but still, 1 in 4 isn't bad and from what I remember they sorted it quickly.