The Orville (Fox TV, 2017- Present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Murdock wrote: »
    I made a wallpaper. :D
    Mmb2rRrh.jpg?1
    Nice... Very Trek!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Well spotted @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, that's exactly what I was going for. :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Looks cool. Well done.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,104
    Watching episode three they are not afraid to explore any subject matter, this really is a great show each episode has evoked a strong emotional reaction. I have episode four to watch next

The writing on this show is much better regarding it's core themes than Discovery
    "The Orville Season 2 Will Be Bigger, But We'll Probably Have to Wait for It"
    http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-orville-season-2-delay-episode-count/

Aww come on...
    "The Orville Season 2 Will Be Bigger, But We'll Probably Have to Wait for It"
    http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-orville-season-2-delay-episode-count/

Aww come on...

How many episodes in season 1, sorry if I have asked this before.

Edited: I should have read the article first
    12 episodes for Season 1.
    Season 2 will have 14.
    See above lol it deserves a 16 to 20 episode season its really very good.
    Well episode 13 was going to be for season one but they've decided to put it for the first episode of Season 2. Maybe they were planning a cliffhanger? In any case, I'm certainly looking forward to Season 2. It's by and large my new favorite show on TV.
    Well episode 13 was going to be for season one but they've decided to put it for the first episode of Season 2. Maybe they were planning a cliffhanger? In any case, I'm certainly looking forward to Season 2. It's by and large my new favorite show on TV.

That makes sense when a season two has not been green lit, sounds like they were smart developing season one.
    Started watching ep 4 whoa I thought that was a
    Borg Cube
    Lol I am questioning copyright ;)
    Listen to the music too. Sounds like Jerry Goldsmith's work for TMP. ;)

It is good I wish I could binge watch the series, they just embarked bang on with Goldsmith similarity.

It is good I wish I could binge watch the series, they just embarked bang on with Goldsmith similarity.

It's a perfect series to binge watch. I can't wait until it comes out on bluray.

It's a perfect series to binge watch. I can't wait until it comes out on bluray.

I love this show can see why you guys were raving about it, this show loves Trek.
    Welcome to the Orville. :-bd

It's good much better than I expected and is highlighting Discovery deficiency's.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 16,328

It's good much better than I expected and is highlighting Discovery deficiency's.

You can certainly say that again. It's doing Star Trek better than Star Trek. :O

You can certainly say that again. It's doing Star Trek better than Star Trek. :O

It just gets the core themes right, and the budget is secondary I was in awe during the docking sequence with that Goldsmith music, with Uber budget Discovery hardly felt that so far.
    I agree 100%. The characters are also very likable. I care about them and whenever they are in trouble, I feel for them. The same can't be said for Discovery's characters. The Orville's music is also much better. Very memorable and iconic. And while I own the Discovery chapter one soundtrack, I can't remember anything about it...
    I agree 100%. The characters are also very likable. I care about them and whenever they are in trouble, I feel for them. The same can't be said for Discovery's characters. The Orville's music is also much better. Very memorable and iconic. And while I own the Discovery chapter one soundtrack, I can't remember anything about it...

I want Trek to do well I read major course correct for for second half of Discovery season one fingers crossed, wow there are music nods to Star Wars and Planet of the Apes in ep 4 of The Orville love it.
    Liam Neeson
    Awesome

I want Trek to do well I read major course correct for for second half of Discovery season one fingers crossed, wow there are music nods to Star Wars and Planet of the Apes in ep 4 of The Orville love it.

Me too, I've been watching Discovery too. A few episodes are good but the rest just boggle my mind with the bad decisions at play. Here's hoping it gets better. Hopefully by the end of the season it will fit right into established lore.

Me too, I've been watching Discovery too. A few episodes are good but the rest just boggle my mind with the bad decisions at play. Here's hoping it gets better. Hopefully by the end of the season it will fit right into established lore.

The Orville Episode 4 the best so far what this show has is rewatchability, I rewound certain sequences which I rarely do on TV shows.
    Just wait until you get to episode 10. It's my favorite of the season. :D
    Just wait until you get to episode 10. It's my favorite of the season. :D

Sky are playing the episodes weekly though it's probably a good thing, I'll definitely buy the series
    What I love about the Orville is that every episode just gets better and better each week. It's like a gradual increase of endorphin's. \m/
    What I love about the Orville is that every episode just gets better and better each week. It's like a gradual increase of endorphin's. \m/

I am rewatching episode 4 lol I am locked into this show, I know you know your music the music in this episode is fantastic. I often say music is 50 per cent of a film or show

I am rewatching episode 4 lol I am locked into this show, I know you know your music the music in this episode is fantastic. I often say music is 50 per cent of a film or show

Once again we are at full agreement. Ever since I was little music has always made in impact on me when watching a movie or show. The Orville has delivered one of the best music scores in a very long time.

Once again we are at full agreement. Ever since I was little music has always made in impact on me when watching a movie or show. The Orville has delivered one of the best music scores in a very long time.

I think I recall you saying you want to buy the score, I will it really is good no idea who the composer is.