Your most quoted Bond line in everyday life.

Comments

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Yours is appropriate to every conversation me thinks. Or if one is watching Reservoir Dogs.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    "Of course you are".
    "The thought had occurred to me".
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I quote Sean Connery the most by a country mile. "Tell me, which lunatic asylum did they get you out of?"

Also a personal favourite Connery Bond quote of mine, though regrettably, I don't use it very often.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Some more: "....and I suppose that's completely inconspicuous." (sarcastic as in the film)
    "That's for ___ !"
    "He's bluffing."
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Yesh!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    "Not to shabby, sir...!"

From NSNA. I use it if I've done something I'm satisfied with. (Annoys the hell out of the wife after sex!)

Connery impersonation optional.
    "My name is Bond, James Bond."

I try not to say this too much though, only when I absolutely have to, like when I'm buying groceries, or taking a bus, or when I'm at work or at home. People used to smile. Now they stare at me in disbelief.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I use it if I've done something I'm satisfied with.

Mine for this situation is "I AM INVINCIBLE". I recently noticed that if I enter 'IN' on my phone, it immediately suggests INVINCIBLE, so I must have been sending a lot of smug texts.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Indubitably, you must have.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Infuriatingly.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Bad luck, you're in the rough.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 3,000
    My work recently got earpieces, so today I was able to say; "White knight to white rook: Would you ask the admiral where he'd like his bombs delivered?" I used my best Brosnan impression of course.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Often when I agree to something in conversation I'll find myself saying my confirmation like Sean's Bond would. He'd say "Yes" is a way that made it seem like he was non-committal about it or was making an observation about the person he was answering while delivering it, like thought was attached. What results is a labored and extended, "Yes..." punctuated by a pause.

I find myself using Dan's, "Considerably" a lot too when commenting on a random subject with an attached value or quantity.

Sean and Dan are very dry Bonds, so being a person of dry humor I often find myself channeling them as I do in most other things too. "I'd never dream of it," is a perfect line when you are dryly denying something you really want to do, as is "I'm sure they do," when you are speaking in response to people who are said to do something that you doubt.

As always, my most common would be the line I hear in my head every time I'm on the edge of having a fit over someone or something, which is, "Discipline, [my name here]. Discipline," with the same dry frustration as Sean would say it.
  • I had to find and post on this because I've been having a stupid day at work where all the things I've done have been for nothing! This has gone through y head a bunch of times today, and many other days too.

From Mads Mikkelsen:

"Such a waste!"
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    edited November 2017 Posts: 1,984
    "She must have found me quite titillating." (couldn't use the male counterpart, unfortunately)

I think I've cycled through all of the series' sarcastic lines at some point or other as well.
    "Me, too" in Pierce's voice

I almost always greet certain friends with " WELL HELLO, JIM!!!! WHAT'S HAPPENING, BABY?"

If a car alarm goes off outside and someone asks about it I'll say: "I don't KNOW. Could it be the front DOORBEELLLLLLLLL?" in Sean's voice.

• Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    Splendid!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2018 Posts: 4,548
    Like many others:

Yes, considerably
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Better make that two
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Finish it!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    i noticed that i use "speak to me" quite often when i have computer problems.
    Always gets a laugh

used this several times when asked in the morning how I slept...always makes my army-bros laugh their asses off :P

A little restless, but I got off eventually.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    "Just browsing, Thank you "
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I find myself repeating Scaramanga's line "This is the part I really like!" on a daily basis.

Which Bond quote do you bring up all the time?

Who whipped you? Sanchez?
  • KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
    "How's that for Japanese efficiency?"

However since I'm NOT Japanese, I cut the "Japanese" part. Though I did use it the last time I went there...
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I also like the following in an appropriate situation (someone asking if everything was ok):

"Everything except the disturbance."
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    "My dear girl, there are somethings that Just aren't done".
    "OOOOHHHRRROOOOH!"
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    I also like the following in an appropriate situation (someone asking if everything was ok):

"Everything except the disturbance."

Shouldn't that be 'interruption'?
    These days it is:

I shan't ask you politely next time.

...and I always get what I want :D