No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited December 2017 Posts: 5,767
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Several directors are confirmed.

Several actors have been confirmed to play Bond, as well, for B26 and beyond. Wonder who will get top billing!

Don't forget several artists/bands are confirmed to do the title song.

Screaming and singing and slamming on drums and guitars, louder and louder over one another. Should be good!

I'd honestly love another song akin to YKMN for B25.
    Franz Ferdinand should sing the new Bond song, "Die Goodbye Franz".

Yeah well, Kenneth, I want a lot of things, too. But, we can't win them all, now, can we? Maybe some miracle happens and Babs selects me as Craig's successor out of the blue. Haha!
    I think there is no question that with the right direction Branagh would be a fantastic Bond villain, old school or new school.
    If it was guaranteed that the second unit would shoot 20-35% of the film, I would even recommend Branagh as director.

TripAces wrote: »
    Villeneuve is certainly giving a lot of non-denial denials right now. He is stopping short of saying, "No, I'm not doing it."
    He says very openly that nothing is certain in Hollywod and it could well be that his planned next film will be scrapped (like 90% of film projects in the planning stage if I understand correctly) and that in that case he would love to direct Bond 25.

Simon West has Bond ambition .

BBHrhNo.img?h=474&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=488&y=231

Simon West wants to direct a James Bond movie.

The 'Expendables 2' filmmaker is a huge fan of the franchise and thinks anyone would be "crazy" to turn down the chance to work on the iconic spy series, which currently features Daniel Craig in the lead role.

Asked if he'd like to work on a Bond film, he told BANG Showbiz: "Who wouldn't? I grew up on Bond films. They are brilliant. I can't imagine anyone turning down a Bond film. Just for the soundtrack/music alone it's brilliant. You'd be crazy to turn down a Bond film."

The 56-year-old filmmaker's most recent movie was 'Stratton', which is based on a series of books by former SBS officer Duncan Falconer, and sees Dominic Cooper in the title role trying to stop a terrorist cell from committing an atrocity in London, and he confirmed he'd also like to extend the franchise further.

However, he thinks it may be better suited to a television series rather than a number of movies as it would allow him to go into more detail.

He said: "I would like to do more of them. There are so many stories and so many characters, it's almost too big for a film series but maybe TV

"I'm thinking about which way to go, whether to make another sequel or to use the film as an introductory for a TV series.

"The great thing about TV now is made on the same scale as movies but you can run much longer and get into the characters for longer so I'm a big fan of that now as the standard is so great, why wouldn't you want to spend two or three years with all those characters rather than a few months."

• edited December 2017 Posts: 3,164
    boldfinger wrote: »

He says very openly that nothing is certain in Hollywod and it could well be that his planned next film will be scrapped (like 90% of film projects in the planning stage if I understand correctly) and that in that case he would love to direct Bond 25.

Exactly, all a question of time. Maybe this Bond talk will give Universal/Legendary some pressure to try work out the timeline on Dune which will then be the final deciding factor for DV. The film currently has nothing except for Villeneuve and writer Eric Roth.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    barryt007 wrote: »

The 'Expendables 2' filmmaker is a huge fan of the franchise and thinks anyone would be "crazy" to turn down the chance to work on the iconic spy series, which currently features Daniel Craig in the lead role.

Asked if he'd like to work on a Bond film, he told BANG Showbiz: "Who wouldn't? I grew up on Bond films. They are brilliant. I can't imagine anyone turning down a Bond film. Just for the soundtrack/music alone it's brilliant. You'd be crazy to turn down a Bond film."

The 56-year-old filmmaker's most recent movie was 'Stratton', which is based on a series of books by former SBS officer Duncan Falconer, and sees Dominic Cooper in the title role trying to stop a terrorist cell from committing an atrocity in London, and he confirmed he'd also like to extend the franchise further.

However, he thinks it may be better suited to a television series rather than a number of movies as it would allow him to go into more detail.

He said: "I would like to do more of them. There are so many stories and so many characters, it's almost too big for a film series but maybe TV

"I'm thinking about which way to go, whether to make another sequel or to use the film as an introductory for a TV series.

"The great thing about TV now is made on the same scale as movies but you can run much longer and get into the characters for longer so I'm a big fan of that now as the standard is so great, why wouldn't you want to spend two or three years with all those characters rather than a few months."

Could've happened during the Brosnan era, but not today.
  • Christopher Nolan directing? Kenneth Brannagh as the villain? I wish this were true, but this would be pure fantasy. No way would this happen. Would love it to be true, of course.
  • barryt007 wrote: »

I'm honestly surprised that someone who has on his curriculum movies like Expendables 2 and Stratton even dares to throw his hat in the ring. Quite terrible movies!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    antovolk wrote: »

Exactly, all a question of time. Maybe this Bond talk will give Universal/Legendary some pressure to try work out the timeline on Dune which will then be the final deciding factor for DV. The film currently has nothing except for Villeneuve and writer Eric Roth.
    And a first draft of the script, if I'm not mistaken.
    Interesting I would prefer West to Mendes however I would prefer Adrian Paul to Mendes

I'm honestly surprised that someone who has on his curriculum movies like Expendables 2 and Stratton even dares to throw his hat in the ring. Quite terrible movies!
    I actually liked and enjoyed those movies.
    I don't know much about West, but if his last film was Stratton then I'd prefer he not be allowed anywhere near Bond. That film was quite awful.
    It was made on a tight budget. And Cavill played them like fools they had a last minute casting with Cooper, who I still think did a decent job.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 5,185

Certainly. He would have been a good match for Brosnan (better than Apted) but his glory days are long over. But it was just a rethorical question and he said "of course i would", nothing to see here really , he is nowhere near a Bond gig.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    bondjames wrote: »
    @ggl007, I'm curious - is your fan club still of the opinion that Nolan is involved, or has any information come to your attention in the intervening period which could lead you to change your assessment?

Nothing new at the moment.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    @ggl007, I'm curious - is your fan club still of the opinion that Nolan is involved, or has any information come to your attention in the intervening period which could lead you to change your assessment?

Nothing new at the moment.
    Great, thanks. Looking forward to some updates in the new year.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    DV once again shooting down B25 talk - http://screencrush.com/denis-villeneuve-blade-runner-2049-interview/
    I want to ask you about Bond. You recently said your Dune movie is taking priority and you may not be able to do Bond 25 if that were to happen. Is it a matter of priorities and timing? And if you did have the time, what would your ideal Bond movie look like?

Listen, I would love to do a Bond movie. I think Daniel Craig is a fantastic actor and I would like to, but several months ago I came into do Dune and I engaged myself. I committed myself and I’m someone that doesn’t step back. I remember I committed to do Enemy, they came with Prisoners I said, “I need to do Enemy first,” and I had to break to bend the schedule. I did the same with Arrival and Blade Runner. I did Blade Runner, one of my conditions was that I would have time to do Arrival first. Once I commit, I commit. When Legendary offered me to do Dune, on a silver plate? Which was like my dream project that I’m dreaming to do for 30 years? I said yes right away. I want to honor that. It doesn’t mean the movie will happen, maybe in six months the movie will – and Bond is an old fantasy of mine, but I can’t be in two places at the same time. It’s a strange year because I would love to do a James Bond. I need to focus.
    Maybe Bond 26.

I would love to. I said to Barbara [Broccoli], I would love to work with you and with Daniel, but I’m engaged. [Laughs] I will love to do it, honestly. I’m a spoiled filmmaker right now.

Well if Barbara is looking for her hook to keep Daniel for another (and she is), DV just gave it to her...
  • bondjames wrote: »

And a first draft of the script, if I'm not mistaken.

That is correct. In the podcast interview Villeneuve did in November, he said he had just received a script from Roth. There was a tweet from the Herbert family that specified the first draft had been turned in.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I can't see that happening, given the reception that Stratton got. Shame really, as I thought Copper did an excellent job, but the budget, or lack thereof, let the film down.

I can't see that happening, given the reception that Stratton got. Shame really, as I thought Copper did an excellent job, but the budget, or lack thereof, let the film down.
    My thoughts exactly, Major.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    In either case it would not be James Bond
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    007Blofeld wrote: »

If she didn’t say that, Hollywood would burn her on the stake
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited December 2017 Posts: 4,043

Agreed she has to say that or they'd be after her, better to be diplomatic.

I'm not sure about her views on Bond being black in the future but I imagine if she could she would be strongly against Bond becoming female.

As Christoph Waltz said in a recent interview, no definitely not, find your own franchise why do you have to use Bond.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 5,185

Exactly. They know what to tell to the press, same for Daniel.
    I don't think anyone at EoN is really considering a Black or Female Bond. They've been hearing these type of questions literally since Connery. There is nothing new about this
    She said that in that radio interview the other day, didn´t she. The black or female thing, not the stake thing.

"Just for the soundtrack/music alone it's brilliant." Makes me wonder when was the last time Simon West saw a Bond film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    She said that in that radio interview the other day, didn´t she. The black or female thing, not the stake thing.

"Just for the soundtrack/music alone it's brilliant." Makes me wonder when was the last time Simon West saw a Bond film.

That last bit made me think he has no idea what he's talking about, especially if that's his one takeaway from the last few installments.
    My insect antennae are telling me that a major announcement is imminent.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    My insect antennae are telling me that a major announcement is imminent.

What is imminent?? I am starved for something concrete

That last bit made me think he has no idea what he's talking about, especially if that's his one takeaway from the last few installments.
    The incredible thought that that might be the one takeaway from the last few installments gives me fits of horror.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Not sure how credible, but just read on a Norwegian online News site that the producers are looking for an American or Canadian actress for a part in the next film.
    Shardlake wrote: »

Agreed she has to say that or they'd be after her, better to be diplomatic.

I'm not sure about her views on Bond being black in the future but I imagine if she could she would be strongly against Bond becoming female.

As Christoph Waltz said in a recent interview, no definitely not, find your own franchise why do you have to use Bond.

She also quickly reiterates that at the moment they're happy with Daniel. A good way to maneuver the subject. Either way he's going to be Bond for the next two years, so articles like this are merely click bait rubbish.