Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, a year already? It's flown by. RIP, George.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2017 Posts: 17,727
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I'm quite sure most of us will be thinking a bit of Roger today.

Yes. He's a big loss to us all.
  • Heather Menzies-Urich, part of the cast of The Sound of Music, dies at 68 of cancer. Also was the widow of Robert Urich

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42479649

The Princess left us one year year ago today. May she enjoy a special screening of TLJ in the hereafter. ;)
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 11,189
    SaintMark wrote: »
    The Princess left us one year year ago today. May she enjoy a special screening of TLJ in the hereafter. ;)

Related to Star Wars, Alford Curtis who played the convict in the Mos Eisley bar died yesterday.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-42492807
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Don t do hard drugs, kids.
    Author Sue Grafton died in her Santa Barbara home at age 77, her daughter Jamie said Friday. She died surrounded by family after a two-year battle with cancer, according to a Facebook post on Grafton’s verified page.

“Although we knew this was coming, it was unexpected and fast,” Jamie said.

“She had been fine up until just a few days ago, and then things moved quickly. Sue always said that she would continue writing as long as she had the juice,” the statement continued.
    I've never read her books, but she must've been a huge deal because I'd see them on sale in countless places I'd go to. I know my grandmother was a major fan of hers and owned all of her books. Sad to hear, RIP Sue.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

This is a good trubute to those who passed away in 2017.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 1,637
    Averardo Ciriello (1918-2016)

Legendary italian movie poster artist , some of his work :

DN (Bond w/silencer & Honey with shell net) 2sh & 4sh
    locandina (Bond wearing hat , very rare to see him wearing hat on movie posters)

FRWL 2sh (Bond , Tania & belly dancer)

TB locandina (007 massaged by Domino)

OHMSS #A (Bond with ski goggles & Blofeld heads)

Bond festival (Connery surrounded by villains)

He also did all Bruce Lee's (minus Enter) and Death Wish among others.

I like his work.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 533
    Actor-comedian Jerry Van Dyke passed away at the age of 86 on January 5th. He was the younger brother of Dick Van Dyke. He was also known for his role as Luther Van Dam on the ABC series, "COACH", for which he had received four Emmy nominations. R.I.P., Mr. Van Dyke.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 5,772
    RIP Jim Baikie

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/30/jim-baikie-skizz-electric-warrior-first-american-dies-77

I have some of his comics in my collection.

And I just learned that one of my favourite singers, France Gall, has died today from cancer, aged 70

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-376618-urgent-la-chanteuse-france-gall-est-decedee-ce-matin-a-paris-a-l-age-de-70-ans-selon-le-responsable-de-sa-communication.html#comments

Whether singing Gainsbourg or Michel Berger , she was a class act. She'll be missed.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    DRush76 wrote: »
    Actor-comedian Jerry Van Dyke passed away at the age of 86 on January 5th. He was the younger brother of Dick Van Dyke. He was also known for his role as Luther Van Dam on the ABC series, "COACH", for which he had received four Emmy nominations. R.I.P., Mr. Van Dyke.

Sad to hear that. Was looking at his IMDb the other day after seeing his brother Dick Van Dyke in Columbo again.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP France Gall :(

Loved her. Being raised with the Francophone culture I was also raised with her music, I'm deeply saddened by her passing.

Great singer. I only knew her from her Eurovision victory for Luxembourg in 1965.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Great singer. I only knew her from her Eurovision victory for Luxembourg in 1965.

She was a magnificent singer and an inspiring person. Not only did she, together with her husband Michel Berger, give us many wonderful songs that defined French culture in the 70's and 80's, but she also contributed to many humanitarian projects in Africa.

Her two most famous songs are about Africa. Babacar is about an young African boy and Ella, elle l'a is about jazz icon Ella Fitzgerald (she sings Ella, elle l'a, which means Ella, she has it).

Still though, many other songs to discover as well. Such as this one, which she and Berger produced after their friend Daniel Balavoine died in a helicopter crash in Africa:

Another hero gone.....

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    DRush76 wrote: »

R.I.P. Jerry

I loved Coach I was watching a video on Craig T. Nelson the other day, I never realised that Coach was close to another series recently, it's a shame it did not happen.
    Ray Thomas, flautist, singer, and co-founder of the Moody Blues, died last tuesday, aged 76 :

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/ray-thomas-dies-moody-blues-flautist-singer-go-now-nights-white-satin-cherry-red-records-a8146896.html

Well, his nights (and his days) will really be spent in white satin now. At least, they should be.
    I remember Donnelly Rhodes from "SOAP", when he portrayed one of the leads' son-in-law. RIP Mr. Rhodes.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,686
    American racing driver Dan Gurney has passed away at the age of 86. He was actively racing during the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's, winning races in several important series, being one of only 3 drivers in motorsport history to win in Formula One, Indycar, Nascar and Sports Car (notably the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1967). He also became the first driver in history to use a full face helmet in Formula One at the 1968 German Grand Prix.
  • American racing driver Dan Gurney has passed away at the age of 86. He was actively racing during the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's, winning races in several important series, being one of only 3 drivers in motorsport history to win in Formula One, Indycar, Nascar and Sports Car (notably the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1967). He also became the first driver in history to use a full face helmet in Formula One at the 1968 German Grand Prix.

Also appeared as himself in Grand Prix (1966).
    A racing legend from a legendary era.
    I wasn't aware official mattjoes mascot Billy J. Mitchell had passed away in 1999. The information wasn't on the IMDb until recently. Apparently it comes from the BFI. Shame. I remember him not only from GE and NSNA, but also from Bullseye! as the crazy tourist, as well as Top Secret!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Good heavens, and I never noticed That Guy From Top Secret was in GE.
    Wow, this is shocking. Dolores O'Riordan, lead singer of The Cranberries, has suddenly passed away:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/15/cranberries-dolores-oriordan-dead-dies/

What a voice and a talent. Incredibly heartbreaking.
    That s bad.