Jurassic Park Series (1993 - present)

Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited December 2017 Posts: 1,329
    have yous not seen This!? Looking terrific. So many animatronics ♡♡♡

Also @RogueAgent It's Friday first thing for us because of timezones (y)
  • That behind-the-scenes does look very, very, very promising.

On a side note, I find it clever how they're all trying to push the branding "Jurassic" in referring to the series as a whole, that is when the actors talk about it: "It's Jurassic," "That's what Jurassic does best." Trying to make that bridge between the ubiquity of Jurassic Park and their current franchise branding of Jurassic World. Baby steps. Clever of them.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    What time is the trailer being dropped?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Amazing! It looks like this will really take it to the next level. I just hope they haven't given away too much in that trailer.
    I love the music.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 7,890
    Double post
    Looks bloody awful :(
    Well that’s one opinion. I think it looks fantastic, epic entertainment.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DCisared wrote: »
    Looks bloody awful :(

Agreed. They should have quit after the original.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    talos7 wrote: »
    I love the music.

meh
  • Fast-forwarded to a couple spots in the trailer. Not going to watch. I fear it's going to tell me everything that happens in the movie, scene by scene.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Fast-forwarded to a couple spots in the trailer. Not going to watch. I fear it's going to tell me everything that happens in the movie, scene by scene.
    Good move. I think it gives away quite a bit which is unfortunate. Pretty cool though
  • The behind-the-scenes snippets already had me sold.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just watched the trailer the stupidity continues, I know it's a teaser though some of the effects look murky and I feel like I have just watched the whole movie.

Like the last film I'll buy it on Bluray to complete the set.
    Doesn't that scene where one of our heroes is saved last minute from a Dino attack thanks to a stealth attack from a massive T-Rex happen in all of these movies?
    Why would a dinosaur stop from escaping a volcanic eruption to eat? And why would ANOTHER stop to kill THAT dinosaur? I like some of the shots before the stampede but i hate everything about that sequence. Cgi dinosaurs not acting like animals oh and whats the bet owen survives that pyroclastic flow! Smh!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2017 Posts: 4,416
    There try to make it dark like Jurassic Park The Lost World with some The Mummy (2017) effects and Skyfall political and cold feeling. Will Jeff chacter die in this one.

But under water world sound intresting. But i have seen the failer of Ice Age 2 who trailer whas great, but movie whas bad version of The Lion King.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The music sounded so cheap. And I wish they wouldn't shoe-horn children into these plots. It made sense in 1, 3 and 4. They served the story.

There's absolutely no reason for any of those teenagers to be there for a rescue mission.

I'm cautiously optimistic because I like the concept that they're going for but I'm not overjoyed by the trailer.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That trailer was horrible, but I doubt the film will be as bad.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @CraigMooreOHMSS, I'm also curious why so many movies shoehorn in children in such pivotal roles these days. The new Predator movie seems to have cast a kid in a very important role, which I don't care for.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Perhaps it's a recruiting tool to recruit the next generation of the general audience. ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    If it's pivotal to the story, then children don't bother me. Logan is a great example of this.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @CraigMooreOHMSS, I'm also curious why so many movies shoehorn in children in such pivotal roles these days. The new Predator movie seems to have cast a kid in a very important role, which I don't care for.

Fallen Kingdom would have been a great opportunity for them to go the special ops route. Have a team of the best and toughest (a la Arnie and crew in Predator) go up against some of the island's big bads, while the ticking volcanic clock looms in the background.

Like @jake24, I don't mind kids in films as long as they are actually there for a narrative purpose. No reason at all springs to mind as to why so many young people are on the island in the new film.

By the looks of that trailer, we're getting The Lost World with a mix of Jurassic Park 3 and a dash of Roland Emmerich. And not the fun, 90s Roland Emmerich.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Dinosaurs don't eat the main characters clause that seems to be in place just shatters any semblance of credibility, the ending of Jurassic World was laughable enough when the T Rex and the Raptors formed a tag team to take down Indominus rex.
  • ...the ending of Jurassic World was laughable enough when the T Rex and the Raptors formed a tag team to take down Indominus rex.

It was ridiculous. Every time I watch JW, a part of my brain tells me it's the most absurd thing ever. But it's so damn entertaining and the effects so well rendered, the absurdity of it becomes a nonissue. I would have to coldly and dispassionately judge the scene to care, and I'm simply incapable of doing that when actually watching the film.
    ...the ending of Jurassic World was laughable enough when the T Rex and the Raptors formed a tag team to take down Indominus rex.

It was ridiculous. Every time I watch JW, a part of my brain tells me it's the most absurd thing ever. But it's so damn entertaining and the effects so well rendered, the absurdity of it becomes a nonissue. I would have to coldly and dispassionately judge the scene to care, and I'm simply incapable of doing that when actually watching the film.

Admittedly JW is entertaining though daft, part of me wants to take the Jurassic series as credible within reason Science Fiction, though I appreciate the films have moved away from its original tone. Fallen Kingdom is supposed to be a horror film apparently, the trailer does not sell it as a horror though I am more intrigued than I was.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What are the chances any of these kids end up as dino chow? It seems to be a general rule in these rather safe blockbuster spectacles for the kids to be off limits death wise, so if the trend continues there's really no surprise to that element of the film. At least one of them has to die, right? Just on principle.
    I grew up on the films of O’brien, Harryhausen and Danforth From The Lost World to When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth they put incredible images on the screen that featured dinosaurs. These films carry on that tradition.
    I found Jurassic World incredibly entertaining and the trailer for Fallen Kingdom looks like great fun.

One of my theories is that human DNA has been used in some of the Dinosaurs and that will come into play.
    Spielberg took an absolutely insane and ludicrous idea and made it feel credible. The characters felt real and the animals had a real physical presence on the screen. For the 2 hours of the original and for a lot of The Lost World, you bought into this concept and the idea that it could actually happen.

The new films seem happy to take that ludicrous concept and roll with the insanity and use it as an excuse to stage big, epic, ultimately hollow spectacle.

I hope I am wrong about Fallen Kingdom, but I am not filled with confidence.

That is why the original looks like it will always remain the top dog. Or bird, in this instance.