Jurassic Park Series (1993 - present)

Comments

"Fallen Kingdom" makes it sound cartoony to me, but that's just my opinion. I still look forward to it, and I can understand why they went with the Jurassic "World" brand, since the previous one with that name became the 4th highest grossing film of all time, and the one previous to that with the name "Jurassic Park 3" bombed.

Hope Sam Neill makes an unexpected cameo, if not in this movie the next one.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    1st trailer for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom reportedly set to be released on December 13th.
  • Can't wait! With Bayona and Goldblum, it's looking good so far..,
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I heard Jeff Goldblum is supposed to be in this new movie. That has me pretty excited. It'd be cool if Sam Neill and Laura Dern came back as well.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Next movie is supposedly going to be the last one of the series (at least for the moment, the plan was to make a trilogy starting with JW), thus I really hope they will bring Neill back for the final chapter.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Next movie is supposedly going to be the last one of the series (at least for the moment, the plan was to make a trilogy starting with JW), thus I really hope they will bring Neill back for the final chapter.

JW was a big success though so I would be surprised if was the last one? Hopefully the trilogy will still happen?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited October 2017 Posts: 3,157
    RogueAgent wrote: »

JW was a big success though so I would be surprised if was the last one? Hopefully the trilogy will still happen?

By next movie I meant Jurassic Park 6, sorry for being confusing. Obviously the casting and most of the filming have already been done for JP5, so unless Neill has a surprise cameo in this one which they managed to kept secret (à la Judi Dench in SPECTRE) he won't show up this time.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

By next movie I meant Jurassic Park 6, sorry for being confusing. Obviously the casting and most of the filming have already been done for JP5, so unless Neill has a surprise cameo in this one which they managed to kept secret (à la Judi Dench in SPECTRE) he won't show up this time.

Oh I see, To be honest I like Sam Neil and Laura Dern, but I don't see them returning? Although I am always happy to be proven wrong on such matters.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,686
    @RogueAgent I believe Sam Neil has a small role in Thor: Ragnarok, which also features Jeff Goldblum, so I'm sure they talked about appearing together in Jurassic World 3 (aka Jurassic Park 6) to close off the franchise for good.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Surely Jurassic Park is such a money spinner, Jurassic World was a booming success and dinosaurs always seem to be in fashion, that seeing as they just restarted this franchise they won't be closing it down so quickly?
    @RogueAgent I believe Sam Neil has a small role in Thor: Ragnarok, which also features Jeff Goldblum, so I'm sure they talked about appearing together in Jurassic World 3 (aka Jurassic Park 6) to close off the franchise for good.

One can only hope? Did not know about Sam Neil being in Thor Ragnorok? Will certainly keep an eye out for him!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    First trailer for Fallen Kingdom will be attached to The Last Jedi:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3470559/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-trailer-will-attached-last-jedi/
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Really curious to see our first peek at Jurassic World 2!!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Yep, very excited!
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

1st trailer for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom will arrive online this Thursday.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 40,368
    I think the article I shared is the accurate one, and it'll still be attached to The Last Jedi. Only a few weeks to go then for those of you interested, as it'll surely find its way online the week of TLJ's release.

EDIT: Another site says the teaser was dropped early and that it'll be online December 7th.
    I’m a big fan of the series and can’t wait!
    Oh Yes!!!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Roll on Thursday trailer time!!!!!!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A trailer for the trailer, how novel (not really).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I was just going to post the same thing, @MajorDSmythe. The curious tradition continues.

Do the marketing teams of these studios actually think this helps get butts in seats when the film releases? I don't have their data but I can't imagine that having fifteen seconds of content teasing a trailer two or three days before it comes out has any measurable effect on the later financial profit of said film. I guess the thought is that a teaser for the trailer gets word out early and makes the film "trendy" on social networks leading up to the actual trailer release which then helps create more word of mouth. Who knows.

I was just going to post the same thing, @MajorDSmythe. The curious tradition continues.

Do the marketing teams of these studios actually think this helps get butts in seats when the film releases? I don't have their data but I can't imagine that having fifteen seconds of content teasing a trailer two or three days before it comes out has any measurable effect on the later financial profit of said film. I guess the thought is that a teaser for the trailer gets word out early and makes the film "trendy" on social networks leading up to the actual trailer release which then helps create more word of mouth. Who knows.

I was just about to say, these trailers for a teaser trailer are nothing compared to the three second social network snippets, which are just that: snippets for a teaser for a teaser trailer for a trailer for a film.

Pardon me while I have a seizure.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The whole purpose of the teaser for the teaser is to build interest for the trailer online. It's a perfectly reasonable way of doing it given the medium, and it works. It's been posted here after all, and discussion (albeit not positive) has ensued. When the trailer finally hits, the viral nature will be more pronounced as a result.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    The whole purpose of the teaser for the teaser is to build interest for the trailer online. It's a perfectly reasonable way of doing it given the medium, and it works. It's been posted here after all, and discussion (albeit not positive) has ensued. When the trailer finally hits, the viral nature will be more pronounced as a result.

Precisely this. This method of marketing has it's notable detractors, understandably but it works and has proven effective enough for it to be a mainstay.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    bondjames wrote: »
    Well said.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 15,686
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

1st image of Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom ahead of the full teaser trailer coming tomorrow:

DQYxsUDW4AI023d.jpg
    Roll on tomorrow!!!