Superman: The Man of Tomorrow

Comments

HASEROT wrote: »
    I hope so, but why do you say likely?

Superman doesn't have many villains who could carry an entire film on their own.

2083631-darkseidjpg.jpeg

you forget about DARKSEID, DC's answer to Thanos.

He looks like Skeletor to me! That's so Money Supermarket!!! Lol!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    He looks like Skeletor to me!

Wait till you see Doctor Destiny...

Revelator wrote: »
    He looks like Skeletor to me!

Wait till you see Doctor Destiny...

Now you need to post a pic for me now? Please?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,102
    A better image of Darkseid...

latest?cb=20151104060928

;))

137e582bf25d55b9af0041e4894b56ae.jpg

137e582bf25d55b9af0041e4894b56ae.jpg

Lol! He looks like the Dallas/Dynasty Skeletor with those shoulder pads! Lol!
    And here's a nice clip featuring his transformation scene:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHMg2MD5DVk
    And here's a nice clip featuring his transformation scene:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHMg2MD5DVk

I did laugh when his clothes dropped in the style of the FYEO poster! Lol! She did get an eyeful didn't she?!!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

This makes BvS look like The Sound of Music

I would have rated this much higher
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

I would have rated this much higher

MOS was alright - but it's still not better than the original Superman, or even Superman 2... they've managed to take Cal El, and turn him into a confused mess.. Superman shouldn't be a dark and gritty character, yet thats what they've turned him into - growing up being sheltered by parents, especially a father who tells him that maybe it's ok to let a school bus full of his classmates drown, just to protect himself from the world - thus we are birthed a Superman who doesn't know his place in the world, and is constantly reminded that he "doesn't owe the world a thing"... i don't mind the world around Superman being dark - but Superman himself should be viewed as a beacon of light, something that we should all be aspiring to be..
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I have no problems with Superman's use in MoS, but they definitely made Ma and Pa Kent a shell of themselves. The characters who are Clark's moral centers in life tell him in one film not to save people using his abilities and in the next they don't support him in his attempts to use his abilities for good. What's Pa's great advice to Clark? In the first it's that you should never share who you are with people and help them, and in the second he teaches that attempts to do good result in bad outcomes. Gee, those are some uplifting thoughts.

In BvS is where the issues come in, however, as Superman is just not the character he was in MoS and it was like the reset button was pressed on his character development. The guy who pledged to use his abilities moans that people don't like him and goes so far to label himself as a bad man. What? The biggest issues of BvS is that it doesn't have a core message. The "don't judge a book by its cover" message that could've been told with Batman and Superman is severely watered down and hampered by the cynicism of the rest of the film. You shouldn't leave a film like this questioning if you should give up on life too.

Hopefully JL redeems the boy in blue and gives Cavill some true Superman material to work with. His soul searching and rise to destiny need to be over, and he just needs to be Superman now.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    861e757232ba13b6246c411048f5ce7f--av-norway.jpg
    191966-127881.jpg

This is pretty awesome!

@chrisisall I think you may like the animation on Superman in this.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

This is pretty awesome!

Unbelievably awesome!
    chrisisall wrote: »

This is pretty awesome!

Unbelievably awesome!

The flying was brilliant great homage to Christopher Reeve
    In the 40s and 50s, the story was that Clark s foster mother made his impenetrable suit by the blanket he was wrapped in in his rocketship from Krypton. How did she manage to cut it, then?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,102

I did not notice the voice change in the Extended TV cut during the additional young Clark scenes on my first watch.
    In the 40s and 50s, the story was that Clark s foster mother made his impenetrable suit by the blanket he was wrapped in in his rocketship from Krypton. How did she manage to cut it, then?

They carried that on in The New Adventures of Superman if I recall you see Martha sewing his suit, I have the dvd been a while since I watched season 1. One thing wrote was that Superman's Bio-Electric Aura extended beyond his body which made his clothes invulnerable also.

What the hell!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

What the hell!

Nope. Just no.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Eww.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't mind the looks of it, honestly. If they do it right it could be an interesting story, despite the fact that we know how it must all end. The effects look better than I thought they would, and they even embarrass the CW shows that you think would have bigger budgets.

More intrigued that I thought I'd be.
    The guy in the cap took me right out of the Krypton trailer, I'll give it a go nevertheless.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    So, which universe does this take place in?

I take it it’s part of the Arrowverse?
    It looked like a prequel of Man of Steel to me.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The DCEU, then?
    That's my guess.