Metal Gear Solid (1987 - present)

Comments

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    "Laugh and grow Fat"

Saw this on MetalGearInformer. Sad to hear this.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=30752
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That's a real shame.

I really liked fat man; such an underrated villain in the MGS lore. His only agenda and allegiance was to his own ego and couldn't care less about the grand master plans of Solidus and the rest of dead cell.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 235
    I try to play Metal Gear Solid 5 and I thought that game was just awful and way to repetitive. Thought the game would be like a Splinter Cell. I was 100% wrong.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Mazouni wrote: »
    I try to play Metal Gear Solid 5 and I thought that game was just awful and way to repetitive. Thought the game would be like a Splinter Cell. I was 100% wrong.

The only things Metal Gear and Splinter Cell have ever had in common is characters dressed in skintight black costumes sneaking around.
    Mazouni wrote: »

The only things Metal Gear and Splinter Cell have ever had in common is characters dressed in skintight black costumes sneaking around.

Well the game was made to compete with Metal Gear Solid 2. That is why I thought it was similar.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    An understandable mistake. Metal Gear was always simpler in its "don't get seen" stealth mechanics, while Splinter Cell was more complex, with sound and light to be taken into account.
    An understandable mistake. Metal Gear was always simpler in its "don't get seen" stealth mechanics, while Splinter Cell was more complex, with sound and light to be taken into account.

I would agree with you 100%. I'm a picky gamer and I wanted to find a similar game to James Bond back in the year 2004. That around the year Pandora Tomorrow just came out and people at best buy were telling me Splinter Cell a good game to play if your a fan of 007. I loved it sadly can't find any good spy games in today era of gaming.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Metal Gear Solid 3 is about as close as to a Bond game as they come.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid 3 is about as close as to a Bond game as they come.

I would say Splinter Cell has more in common to 007 then Metal Gear Solid. All Metal Gear is a parody of 007 nothing more and nothing less. In Splinter Cell your a government agent that works for NSA and you have gadgets and requires major stealth. Again this just my opinion.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Don't know if any of you boys have seen these videos, but I thought they were pretty cool and wanted to share them:

A highly skilled and experienced MGSV player who knows the map and guard rotations and positions like the back of his hand runs through a mission like he's James Bond. Watching the first video was like seeing Bond do an infiltration of a base for the PTS of a movie.
    As a bit of self-imposed challenge, I'm playing through Rising using the wooden sword. I'm in the middle of chapter 3 and still haven't felt the need to switch back to one of the other swords.
    The Japanese voice actress that played Naomi Hunter has passed away. RIP

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=30967
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 235
    Nice
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I played a few of the games on PS2 can't remember which though the MGS game i got jnto the most was the one with the oil rig.

Been considering buying Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain for Xbox One
    I played a few of the games on PS2 can't remember which though the MGS game i got jnto the most was the one with the oil rig.

That's MGS2...one of the best and a post modern masterpiece.

Gameplay wise it's great but the story is...disappoimting.

edited February 2018 Posts: 7,854
    Get the The Definitive Experience version that has Ground Zeroes with it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    doubleoego wrote: »

That's MGS2...one of the best and a post modern masterpiece.

Gameplay wise it's great but the story is...disappoimting.

I looked at the cover from the second game that's the one, I recall one sequence going up against a Harrier Jet which was pretty awesome.
    Get the The Definitive Experience version that has Ground Zeroes with it.

Will do, I almost bought Ground Zeroes as saw it extremely cheap on Amazon then realised it was not the full game.

Review contains some swearing.
    Daaaaaaamn, someone took a photo of Henry Cavill from Mission: Impossible 6 and photoshopped him into Big Boss!!!

Damn, does he look the part! I never would have thought of him in a million years but now that I’ve seen this.....

2D9VvWv.jpg
    That is excellent!
    Snake is back in Smash Bros, and he's once again voiced by David Hayter.

Yes!
    Snake is back in Smash Bros, and he's once again voiced by David Hayter.

Yes!

This pleases me immensely. There's only 1 solid snake.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    With every single character from all the past Smash Bros games in one game, Snake is going to have a ton of codec conversations. :D
    I came across this and literally laughed out loud. So true!

yIRIm2e.jpg
    He's more of an A+, if you ask me. He wasn't great after Man of Steel.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 784
    Dear Brother. Happy 20th Birthday to the greatest game! (really September 3rd though)

Metal Gear voice actors are awesome.
    Liiiqqquuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!!!!
    This is PERFECT....!