The Orville (Fox TV, 2017- Present)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    yes_logo_large.png
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've always been a fan of MacFarlane's so I'm happy to see him find success in a live-action TV series such as this. Might have to check it out one day, see how his brand of humor works in a science fiction setting.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I hope you enjoy it @Creasy47. :-bd
    Into the Fold was a fantastic episode. A very excellent and thrilling character building episode the best yet I'd say. It gets better and better each week. Penny Johnson really shined. I'm glad we got to learn more about her character Dr. Claire Finn. Issac to for that matter. I'm really digging The Orville's use of location shooting. Brings me back to the Original Series days. I'm so happy it's being renewed for a second season. Fox has something special on their hands. :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Just watched the latest episode and thought it was really funny. Nice to see
    how they can mix up the serious and more comedic stories.
    Agreed, Cupid's Dagger was the funniest episode the whole season and all the jokes worked for me. A nice balance to last weeks episode which was considerably it's most serious episode.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,102
    It's official: The Orville will land on FOX here in the UK on Thursday the 14th of December... yay! At last got a UK airdate
    It's official: The Orville will land on FOX here in the UK on Thursday the 14th of December... yay! At last got a UK airdate

Wonderful news! I'm looking forward to the opinions of our neighbors across the pond. :-bd
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    How many episodes are there in the first season? Looking forward to watching it, online it gets alot of positive reviews.
    There will be 13 episodes this season. 9 have already aired so it so the first season will probably be finished the time it airs in the UK.
    It will give me something Sci Fi to watch during Discovery mid season break, thankfully I am going into The Orville almost blind the only info I know which was in a synopsis I just read lol is the relationship of the two main characters.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, you'll be in for a treat. :-bd
    Murdock wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, you'll be in for a treat. :-bd

Second that!
    I don't know how it is for our friends across the pond but the currently released episodes are avaliable for purchase on Itunes for $2.99 an episode.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/the-orville-season-1/id1265256614

And there is The World of The Orville a book that takes a nice behind the scenes look at The Orville.

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Making-Orville-Jeff-Bond/dp/1785657615

"This lavish companion to The Orville takes you behind the scenes through concept art, on-set photography and technical schematics to explore the show’s production design, costumes, makeup prosthetics and visual effects. This is the ultimate guide to this new space-faring epic adventure."
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I nearly passed on this show, but everyone here was praising it. So I just watched the first episode tonight, and really enjoyed it, cheers.
    I'm glad you enjoy it @QBranch, I had doubts on it myself initially as I hadn't watched or enjoyed any of MacFarlane's other works in a long time but The Orville was obviously a passion project and treated with respect so I was hooked. :)
    The last two were the FIRST episodes not written by Seth! About time he had a vacation! ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    chrisisall wrote: »
    The last two were the FIRST episodes not written by Seth! About time he had a vacation! ;)

Seems he didn't write the sixth episode, either, and the eighth episode was co-written by someone who has written a LOT of episodes throughout Star Trek's history, which is pretty cool.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Seems he didn't write the sixth episode, either, and the eighth episode was co-written by someone who has written a LOT of episodes throughout Star Trek's history, which is pretty cool.

Indeed, Quite a few Star Trek alum have been involved with The Orville so far. In a way it's a Trek-esque show made by fans, for fans. I can't get enough. :-bd
    The last one was so OTT awesome. It made sense of the shaky pilot (shades of SPECTRE recon) to the point that I had a tiny little tear in the corner of my eye for Ed & Kel.... ;)
    I'm behind here, last ep was great too! Clowns! Next ep tomorrow!
    The last two episodes were great. The horror episode especially a delight. Loved the atmosphere. Looking forward to the season finale.
    OMG this last ep was great! Written by Seth, and a great turnaround from the pilot. Ed & Kelley are so cool together!
    Agreed, it was very good. I love the continuity of the show. Every episode is essentially standalone but there are always nice callbacks to previous episodes. Looking forward to the season finale. :-bd
    Well the season is over and this episode didn't disappoint. This is my favorite show on TV and I haven't committed myself to a TV series since LOST. I'm so happy a second season has been greenlit. The Orville for me is everything Star Trek Discovery isn't and I wouldn't change anything about it in the world. Hopefully we'll be seeing some cool merchandise soon. I really want a soundtrack. The music in this show is so good. It's so thematic and complex and it's what I've missed in film and tv scoring for a long time. It's refreshing to hear some classical and bombastic sci fi music with heart and soul. The Orville just makes me so happy to be a sci fi fan. I can't wait to own this to add it to my proud collection.
    Finally saw the last ep of the season, and like most other episodes it was great. Need the Blu Ray of this series...
    Finally saw the last ep of the season, and like most other episodes it was great. Need the Blu Ray of this series...

Me too! Seth mentioned that he's hoping for a soundtrack release soon too. I'm looking forward to that as well. :-bd
    I want that ball they were playing with.
    I want that ball they were playing with.

LATCHCOMB! :D
    I SO did not expect it. And is it just me or is Seth getting more charming and Captain-y as the series goes along? Maybe Brannon is directing him well-?