No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

The first draft of Dune's screenplay is complete. I guess things are further along than we thought!
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    jake24 wrote: »
    So Villeneuve has been saying what he's been saying for the past two months. Hopefully we'll know definitively in a couple months.

If we are lucky this month
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    mattjoes wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    (Can't believe I've even lowered myself to getting involved in debating this which has to be the most pathetic discussion we've ever had on here. Apologies Wizard fans.)
    Didn't the infamous 'codename' theory discussion make an appearance here for a few pages about a year ago? If so, I think that takes the cake, although this could qualify for seconds.

Wait a minute, you mean the codename theory isn't true? They are all the same guy?
    I'm afraid so, including the current short chap who looks nothing like the rest of them. The one who has a jealous brother and....well you get the point.

You should have seen the discussion here last year on the subject though. It really went off the rails. Twilight Zone.

Maybe I will, for a laugh. I remember reading one about Skyfall the other day, in which someone was convinced M was literally Bond's mother, and the film presumably stated this openly and unequivocally.

A friend of my father's argued with him because she had watched the movie at the the theatre and she was 100% sure it was not a James Bond movie.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Guys I can confirm I will be directing.
    Oops. Cats out of the bag.

Actually I will be in Paris the first week of March.. Cover: Filmapalooza.. Real Reason: Negotiating with EON to direct Bond 25
    Walecs wrote: »
    (Can't believe I've even lowered myself to getting involved in debating this which has to be the most pathetic discussion we've ever had on here. Apologies Wizard fans.)
    Didn't the infamous 'codename' theory discussion make an appearance here for a few pages about a year ago? If so, I think that takes the cake, although this could qualify for seconds.

Wait a minute, you mean the codename theory isn't true? They are all the same guy?
    I'm afraid so, including the current short chap who looks nothing like the rest of them. The one who has a jealous brother and....well you get the point.

You should have seen the discussion here last year on the subject though. It really went off the rails. Twilight Zone.

Maybe I will, for a laugh. I remember reading one about Skyfall the other day, in which someone was convinced M was literally Bond's mother, and the film presumably stated this openly and unequivocally.

A friend of my father's argued with him because she had watched the movie at the the theatre and she was 100% sure it was not a James Bond movie.

:))
  • Walecs wrote: »

Lucky she!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    that's not the @talos7 I remember...
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Still holding out for Villeneuve.

Really hope he's still able to do Bond. It's depressing to think we might go from the likes of Villeneuve to Soderbergh... not that Soderbergh is a bad director but it seems like his film record is 25 percent good films, 75 percent mediocre to bad films.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Yep, stepped away from the web for a while; it got to be a bit too consuming. Lol .
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @talos7, I get it... But you're my go-to-guy when it comes to fitness and health! Hope you're well!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Always glad to see you around @talos7! Hope things are going well for you.
    Still holding out for Villeneuve.

Really hope he's still able to do Bond. It's depressing to think we might go from the likes of Villeneuve to Soderbergh... not that Soderbergh is a bad director but it seems like his film record is 25 percent good films, 75 percent mediocre to bad films.

Agreed. His statement doesn't seem like a flat-out no, but maybe I'm being too hopeful.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 2,115
    talos7 wrote: »

This is a summary of the same Playlist story that was linked on page 1170, albeit writing the same information in a harder way.

Meanwhile, if you want to listen to the entire interview, (it's mostly about Blade Runner 2047) see below. The Bond stuff shows up starting around the 17:25 mark.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I’m sure it is; in fact I was aware of his statements when the came out. For some reason they appeared on several prominent entertainment sites today; that’s the only reason for the mention.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i wouldn't mind Soderbergh TBH... sure, his movies are hit and miss - but so are Scorsese's and The Cohen Brothers movies too....

i look at it this way - even with Soderbergh's present body of work possibly coming into Bond 25, it's still not as dodgey as Roger Spottiswoode's going into TND - Turner & Hooch.. Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot!.. Air America?.. woof..
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 11,425
    Yes but the era when Roger Spottiswoode was considered a good hire was a period of almost unmitigated awfulness for Bond.

Let's hope standards have gone up a little bit.

I've enjoyed a couple of Soderbergh films but don't seem him as a natural fit.
  • talos7 wrote: »
    I’m sure it is; in fact I was aware of his statements when the came out. For some reason they appeared on several prominent entertainment sites today; that’s the only reason for the mention.

The podcast was posted today. I think the host of the podcast works for the Playlist and it posted a story. That got the whole thing circulating.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited November 2017 Posts: 1,756
    HASEROT wrote: »
    i wouldn't mind Soderbergh TBH... sure, his movies are hit and miss - but so are Scorsese's and The Cohen Brothers movies too....

i look at it this way - even with Soderbergh's present body of work possibly coming into Bond 25, it's still not as dodgey as Roger Spottiswoode's going into TND - Turner & Hooch.. Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot!.. Air America?.. woof..

What was Barbara smoking when she hired Spottiswoode, I have no idea.

Of course the challenge now is finding someone in Hollywood who hasn't committed sexual harrassment.
    Dune is his baby,his vision, so I don't think we will see him for B25 lads and lasses.
    Bounine wrote: »
    Of course the challenge now is finding someone in Hollywood who hasn't committed sexual harrassment.

:)) I like that,very good !!
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Uk press say Villenuve has knocked back being Director

Which is what we knew all along given his schedule.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Bounine wrote: »

There will be more truth to that than you can imagine @Bounine. No one is going to want to hire a director, or an actor for that matter who may, a few months later, be exposed for some past misdemeanours. It could have severe impact on the production for sure, and maybe the box office in the long run.

It's a major consideration from now on. Look at the Netfilx/House Of Cards fiasco.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Dennison wrote: »

Yeah exactly his reason, wanted to work with Dan on a Bond film but Dune is too big a project to work on alongside.
    Bellucci could be back. Would you like her in B25 ?

Monica-Bellucci.jpg
    001 wrote: »
    Bellucci could be back. Would you like her in B25 ?

Monica-Bellucci.jpg

Hell, yes!
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 4,619
    Dennison wrote: »

We did not know it all along and we still aren't 100% sure Villeneuve won't direct Bond 25. They are still a very long way from starting to film Dune, and I still doubt it will be Villeneuve's next movie.