Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Bond played it in DN, way ahead of his time.
    Indeed. Bond had always set the standards for the future. Now we know why that game received positive reviews. A critical acclaim.

Fun-fact: Sean's face was placed on the head of the king in the first printing of card decks heading into 1963, in tribute to his paradigm changing use of cards in DN.
    Definitely. Sean helped popularize that cutting edge game. Mind blowing. It can be surpassed by no game... Except for maybe chess, but that’s about it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bond played it in DN, way ahead of his time.
    Indeed. Bond had always set the standards for the future. Now we know why that game received positive reviews. A critical acclaim.

Fun-fact: Sean's face was placed on the head of the king in the first printing of card decks heading into 1963, in tribute to his paradigm changing use of cards in DN.
    Definitely. Sean helped popularize that cutting edge game. Mind blowing. It can be surpassed by no game... Except for maybe chess, but that’s about it.

Some say it's the real reason Sean was knighted.
    Two Uncharted like SW games cancelled? Great. That kind of cinematic gameplay wouldn't work with Star Wars.
    (sarcasm)

I don't like EA's business practices. But I'm still going to buy SW:BF 2 solely for the singleplayer campaign, because there's yet to been other sp Star Wars games for the currenrt generation of consoles, than Lego The Force Awakens :_(
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Electronic Arts should stop inserting its head up its own arse.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Electronic Arts should stop inserting its head up its own electronic arse.

What s wrong? Has to do with money?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Electronic Arts should stop inserting its head up its own electronic arse.
    What s wrong? Has to do with money?
    More greed than money. They have all the money in the world.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Two Uncharted like SW games cancelled? Great. That kind of cinematic gameplay wouldn't work with Star Wars.
    (sarcasm)

I don't like EA's business practices. But I'm still going to buy SW:BF 2 solely for the singleplayer campaign, because there's yet to been other sp Star Wars games for the currenrt generation of consoles, than Lego The Force Awakens :_(

If you're solely buying it because of the SP, you might want to hold off and get it for a lot cheaper than the day one price, as the campaign is only 5-7 hours long.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm holding off for awhile.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 40,368
    I'm holding off for awhile.

If anything, it'll be cheaper in just a week or two thanks to Black Friday sales. I'm still on the fence about it, but definitely doubt I'll get it day one. A super short campaign with a multiplayer that didn't wow me like the first one.

The kicker for me is I KNEW as soon as they caved to the massive amounts of feedback regarding the lack of a campaign that it would be half-assed and incredibly short. And these are the same guys dictating what Visceral was doing wrong with their Star Wars title? It's laughable.
    If I get it day one, which I'm not entirely sure as of yet, I will also try the multiplayer. But the campaign is the main draw. I'm yearning for Star Wars games and seeing the new movie's out a month later, I have to get my fix of Star Wars in any way possible. A new canon story might just hit the spot.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Teaser Trailer for the upcoming PS4 exclusive Spider-Man game:

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    THE LAST OF US PART 2 THOUGH.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Jesus Christ! We have truly entered the Uncanny Valley and it's nuts to see how far gaming continues to grow. Couldn't be more excited for Spider-Man and want that more than most games I've ever been anticipating in my life. The Last of Us 2 looks absolutely haunting and I am blown away by how much NaughtyDog continues to push the limits of creating characters that feel human on the screen after such great work in Uncharted 4.

Sucker Punch's new project also means I won't need a Japan-set Assassin's Creed anymore:

And this may be my chance to finally catch up with the newest Hitman game:

I didn't even know Paris Games Week was on, but I've now got dozens of trailers and interviews to watch for some truly exciting and ground-breaking games that more than ever keep pushing the mantra of video games as art. Little by little games keep overtaking ground that TV and film have had for a long time now, but standing out for their interactivity. Soon it will be impossible to write them off as niche recreational pursuits or things you use to lose a few hours. This is storytelling, and some of the best I've ever experienced as a consumer of entertainment has been through games.

I find little to be excited about these days and can't stand where the world is at in a lot of ways, but games are my biggest escape and therapy. Outside anything else, I feel fortunate to be alive to see these kinds of amazing creations from such talented creators. Hopefully these are the games that lead the charge for the industry, and not loot box and micro-transaction driven nonsense with an anti-consumer aim. At this point, that's what stands in the way of tarnishing the promise games have to continue to rise as credible products of narrative power and impact that the whole world will know, and not just us.
    Intrigued by some of these titles but I'll await proper gameplay reveals for them months/years from now. Impossible to gauge my excitement off of a cinematic trailer like that.

Another samurai game is never a bad thing, though.
    Teaser Trailer for the upcoming PS4 exclusive Spider-Man game:

Great looking movie.
    CD Projekt Red confirms there won't be The Witcher 4, but that they would love to return to the universe some day. They also confirm that their new Cyberpunk game will be even bigger than The Witcher 3, but that they're still anxious to share it with the world until the right time.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-23698-CD-Projekt-RED-Don-t-Plan-on-Making-The-Witcher-4.html
    edited November 2017 Posts: 40,368
    IO Interactive confirms after their split with Square Enix, they lost the rights to any more Kane & Lynch installments, but note that they kept the rights to Freedom Fighters:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/14/hitman-developer-lost-the-right-to-make-kane-and-lynch-sequels?abthid=5a0b24454ae73b3d5700000b

I'll gladly take another installment in that series, or even a remaster of the PS2 version. Damn fun game. However, the last word we got from them about a sequel was way back in 2011, when they said it's something they're all interested in revisiting. Time will tell how that pans out.
    So what I suppose in future remasters, Kane & Lynch will be taken out of Absolution?
    So what I suppose in future remasters, Kane & Lynch will be taken out of Absolution?

That game is fairly old and will likely never get a straight-up remaster, but I assume all likeness of the property will be erased if it really is a big deal.
    No more Kane & Lynch games?! Oh my god, this is a fatal blow to the gaming community.
    laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif
    Glad I'm not the only one who didn't find much flavor in that franchise. :))
    No more Kane & Lynch games?! Oh my god, this is a fatal blow to the gaming community.
    laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

And just like that, the wheels of the gaming industry collapse and life as we know it ceases to be.

Yes, I can't say there was anyone out there really pining for another installment in that series. I'm a huge fan of IO, but even I found the first one to be incredibly forgettable. Never bothered with the second.
    @Creasy47, never played either but the reviews for the second I saw after its release were hilarious. Everyone was picking it apart and showing how badly made it was. I think it was something like 3 or 4 hours long in gameplay as a full priced title, too.
    Maybe instead they'll make a more thoughtful spiritual sequel and call it Cain & Abel.
    @Creasy47, never played either but the reviews for the second I saw after its release were hilarious. Everyone was picking it apart and showing how badly made it was. I think it was something like 3 or 4 hours long in gameplay as a full priced title, too.

The fact that there was a movie adaptation of this in the works for years is even more laughable. I just cannot comprehend where Hollywood finds the "demand" for some of these adaptations.
    This gave me a chuckle, then a groan:
    dbGEOSG.jpg
    Anyone watching the Game Awards tonight? (5:30 PST, 8:30 EST)

I don't care for the ceremony as far as the awards and performances go, but I always tune in to see what trailers or sneak peeks are going to be revealed. Apparently Geoff Keighley has promised over a dozen reveals, the most of any show to date, and some big surprises. Should be interesting.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    If I weren't watching other things, I would be. Death Stranding will be making an appearance, and I can only hope some Resident Evil stuff that isn't related to RE7 comes up.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 40,368
    This gave me a chuckle, then a groan:
    dbGEOSG.jpg

Oh that's gold. The amount of Spacey-related memes and jokes like this I've seen are astounding. Equally in line with those 'Christopher Plummer set to replace (insert scumbag sexual harasser name here)' jokes.

@Agent007391, will it be actual Death Stranding gameplay?
    Death Stranding is nearing super over-exposed territory, especially considering it's not going to be out for many years yet (you would think). But Geoff has a bit of a bromance with Kojima so of course they have to have something going on for the show.