Greatest scene in Superhero movies.

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gerard wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Deleted.

Deleted as well.

Deleted too.

Have the Cybermen taken over this thread ?

We will.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited June 2014 Posts: 17,687
    I think one of the greatest scenes is in Superman where he gently lays Lois' body down & the pain of loss just keep building in him until he cries out. Back in 1978 seeing him streak into the sky was one of the most powerful scenes I'd ever seen. And I instantly realised he was creating a time warp around Earth to reverse events. It absolutely blew my mind. And it seemed like he was piercing the boundaries of abilities; a one time thing he could never really do again...
    In 1978 that was awesome, silly as it is.
    Read one theory that in Superman The movie, that Superman did not turn back time, rather flew so fast he went back in time himself. Great scene, Superman often had random abilities during his 76 years some that only appeared once.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,813
    My favorite scene is probably from Batman (1989) after the initial reveal of the Batmobile and carchase. That alley fight just seems so classic and nostalgic to me now. Specifically when Bats fights the guy with the two swords. Batman just blocks them and there are sparks going all over the place-I LOVE IT!!

batman-89-fight-scene-o.gif

And of course when he taunts Bob the Goon, like 'come here'. Bob drops the knife and runs away! I would have done the same thing after witnessing that!

If there was anyone doubting that this guy was BATMAN, that must have been the scene to silence them! I only wish I had been old enough to see it it the theatre!!
    edited June 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Read one theory that in Superman The movie, that Superman did not turn back time, rather flew so fast he went back in time himself. Great scene, Superman often had random abilities during his 76 years some that only appeared once.

He sure did. For great entertaiment (on a random sidenote), read about the different sorts of kryptonite on Wikipedia, and the peculiar side effects they have on Superman and others.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kryptonite

He sure did. For great entertaiment (on a random sidenote), read about the different sorts of kryptonite on Wikipedia, and the peculiar side effects they have on Superman and others.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kryptonite

Cheers mate, will give it a read.
    Its from the trailer of Avengers Age of Ultron, scene with what appears to be Cap possibly defeated and his shield smashed. Already epic!
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Superman II Richard Donner Cut When Kal el is in the fortress, Jor el says he has to live as one of them and relinquish his powers to be with Lois. Great moment when Kal in civilian clothing glides down to a lower part of the Fortress. The evils Jor el gives Lois is epic!
    Superman II Richard Donner Cut When Kal el is in the fortress, Jor el says he has to live as one of them and relinquish his powers to be with Lois. Great moment when Kal in civilian clothing glides down to a lower part of the Fortress. The evils Jor el gives Lois is epic!

Yes great scene .

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I liked Ra's Al Ghuls (the real one's ) reveal in BB.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Or the first time we saw the Joker's face (after that brilliant opening bank heist scene) in TDK
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    You gotta wonder, though, how did the people walking around miss the guy with the scars waiting for the car to arrive?
    You gotta wonder, though, how did the people walking around miss the guy with the scars waiting for the car to arrive?

That's exactly what I thought :)

giphy.gif
  • The Greatest Superhero scene is when Jim Gordon tells Batman thank you and Batman says you well never have too.
  • The Greatest Superhero scene is when Jim Gordon tells Batman thank you and Batman says you well never have too.
    Great moment very human reaction in that scene.

I must admit I overlooked that one. Great, great movie scene.
  • I know I mentioned one from Batman '89 already, but I overlooked a better classic one. One that's been copied in Spider-Man 2002, Smallville, countless comics....

superman14.gif
    I know I mentioned one from Batman '89 already, but I overlooked a better classic one. One that's been copied in Spider-Man 2002, Smallville, countless comics....

superman14.gif

Classic scene.

Also this one : giphy.gif
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    tumblr_ofqausrhek1vcfymso5_500.gif

Great shot

tumblr_mzm73wxhub1t15lwjo1_500.gif

Still one of the best Iron Man scenes
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    There are a few that come to mind...

The fight in Ironman when he wears the suit for the first time.

The warehouse fight scene in Batman V Superman.

The rave fight scene in Blade.

When Batman asks Joker, "Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?" at the end of Batman 89'.

When Rorschach tells the inmates at the prison, "I'm not stuck in here with you! You're all stuck in here with me!" in Watchmen.

The Batmobile chase in Batman Begins.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier when they're on the boat at the beginning.

Quicksilver's speed scenes in X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse.

I know there are more but that's what comes to mind.
    There are a few that come to mind...

The fight in Ironman when he wears the suit for the first time.

The warehouse fight scene in Batman V Superman.

The rave fight scene in Blade.

When Batman asks Joker, "Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?" at the end of Batman 89'.

When Rorschach tells the inmates at the prison, "I'm not stuck in here with you! You're all stuck in here with me!" in Watchmen.

The Batmobile chase in Batman Begins.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier when they're on the boat at the beginning.

Quicksilver's speed scenes in X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse.

I know there are more but that's what comes to mind.

Good shouts love the end of Batman 89, watching Civil War upscaled to 4K Airport scene just blew my mind totally epic!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Superman the Movie

When the Helicopter carrying Lois Lane crashes and lands on the edge of the Daily Planet roof. Clark Kent changes into Superman in the revolving door, fly's up, catches the falling Lois, then catches the falling Helicopter with one hand!!!!

My greatest moment in the cinema up to that point!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Off the top of my head, The Hulk smashing Loki is one that stands out.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    My favorite scene is probably from Batman (1989) after the initial reveal of the Batmobile and carchase. That alley fight just seems so classic and nostalgic to me now. Specifically when Bats fights the guy with the two swords. Batman just blocks them and there are sparks going all over the place-I LOVE IT!!

batman-89-fight-scene-o.gif

And of course when he taunts Bob the Goon, like 'come here'. Bob drops the knife and runs away! I would have done the same thing after witnessing that!

If there was anyone doubting that this guy was BATMAN, that must have been the scene to silence them! I only wish I had been old enough to see it it the theatre!!

Agree it's a great scene, @Master_Dahark

Probably the best sequence in the film. It all works really well and I also love just after the Batmobile returns to Batman, that wonderful sequence as the Batmobile drives through the night with Danny Elfman's incredible music accompanying it. (Descent into Mystery it's called on the soundtrack)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Superman The Movie TV Version Extended Cut when Superman tries to stop a rocket and it swerves round him.

Superman The Movie TV Version Extended Cut when Superman tries to stop a rocket and it swerves round him.

And it looks 1000X better on the Blu Ray than this VHS rip!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    chrisisall wrote: »

True mate I am watching it now rewound the Krypton scene and Smallville scenes twice, this film is epic not many films have emotional resonance like Superman The Movie Donner has great heart that's for sure.

True mate I am watching it now rewound the Krypton scene and Smallville scenes twice, this film is epic not many films have emotional resonance like Superman The Movie Donner has great heart that's for sure.

The extra music cues added back in are just splendid! The additional Krypton dialogue makes more sense all around. Even the small things like Kal-El's ship slowly powering down as the Kents drive away in the long shot thrilled me! This is seriously the single best alternate version Blu Ray I've EVER bought! NOW, if they'd ONLY do a version of LTK putting back in the scene where Bond takes his gun out of the flask while watching TV my cinematic Grail hunt would be complete!

AND, to address the actual question- the actual greatest scene in a superhero movie IMO is Lois' death and the minutes following in Superman... so powerful... the sorrow swelling up in the Man of Steel, a being that can express grief in cosmic proportions...
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,102

The extra music cues added back in are just splendid! The additional Krypton dialogue makes more sense all around. Even the small things like Kal-El's ship slowly powering down as the Kents drive away in the long shot thrilled me! This is seriously the single best alternate version Blu Ray I've EVER bought! NOW, if they'd ONLY do a version of LTK putting back in the scene where Bond takes his gun out of the flask while watching TV my cinematic Grail hunt would be complete!

AND, to address the actual question- the actual greatest scene in a superhero movie IMO is Lois' death and the minutes following in Superman... so powerful... the sorrow swelling up in the Man of Steel, a being that can express grief in cosmic proportions...

I want the John Williams unused score, the tonel shifts with different versions in certain moments is a gift to fans. No film ever made has alternative cuts that's are amazing. This film is amazing when at its best.

Otis 'i am a myth' pmsl that scene just played

Edited: Superman reaction to Lois death is intense it leads to one of the best shots of Superman in cinema.