Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Believe it or not MW3 is an excellent game and is worth picking up.
  • MW3:

Campaign -
    Recently completed it on 'Regular'. It isn't the best campaign in the series, i believe Modern Warfare (2007), followed by Black Ops has that, but it's still very good, not brilliant, but fighting in WWIII is very interesting, especially how this is portrayed.

The 'Army Rangers' side of the game, as usual; gets very boring very quickly and is uninteresting, it's mainly about rescuing the Vice President and his daughter, which is pretty cool, and there are some decent events and missions that happen, but as with the other 'Army Rangers' on previous CoDs, it is just made up of running through wide-open areas shooting large groups of enemies over and over again...

The 'Task Force 141' side, yet again; is the far better side of the game, there arn't as many 'interesting' characters as previously released MW's, but there's the return of Makarov, Soap and Cpt. Price, this side has a more interesting and compelling story with great gameplay. You play a new character, and you, along with your fellow team mates are on the look for Makarov. It is amazingly entertaining.

Special Ops: Survival Mode -
    I am still yet to play through the 'Spec-Ops' co-op missions, but i have played the new; 'Survival Mode', which i had expected to be MW's version of Treyarch's 'Zombies', but i was wrong. It is actually really, really great, it's for two players only, but is very cool and awesome to play.

Multiplayer -
    It's sort of like a mix between 'MW2' and 'Black Ops', I would say that it feels more like 'Black ops', with the goodness of 'MW2', but overall it is still brilliant! I had played BF3, and loved that, but i honestly believe MW3 has done a greater job.

4/5 - Very Good
    - The campaign does get it's boring moments, but it does have a cool and entertaining side. The new Survival mode is sure to keep us entertained for a while, along with the brilliant multiplayer and Spec Ops.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 12,837
    im gonna buy battlefield simply because i love flying the planes n helicopters n parachutes are awesome. battlefield>>cod anyday (even if there are nerdy people online who are reallly irritating that keep killing me over n over)

modern warfare 3... whats the point. Every year its modern warfare, some treyarch game set in the past, modern warfare, some treyarch game set in the past. And to me it all seems the same. Plus every time i play online i am brutally murdered by a never ending onslaught of cod freaks (y'know what i find hilarious about the new cod trailer with the vet n the noob. Normally the "vets" that are really, really awesome at the game are the fat ones. And the vets don't help/guide the noobs, they scream angrily down the mic at them when they die). So im not buying this and most likely will never buy another cod game.

Batman arkham asylum. I'm about half way through (i think)and im worried about the villians. I've only seen twoface and penguin once, the only consistent villian is joker. Although the city is awesome i don't get the plotline. Why the f*ck wouldn't anybody stop this crazy arse hole from turning half of gotham into a prison city. And isn't wayne a billionaire who's virtually untouchable, surely someone would have stepped in and got the place shut down by the time he was sent in there.

Uncharted 3. Just brilliant. Right now im stranded in a desert. The whole plane sequence was awesome, i loved the opening fight in the pub, and the way drake/sully backstory was shown, its just pure awesomeness.

But none of this really matters because once i get assasins creed revelations thats all I'll be playing.

and just cause 2 remains my favourite game of all time.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Yes I played COD online once... Never will again. Same thing with F1 2010... bunch of kids that can't drive in a straight line or brake at the right time... I never start at the front because the first corner is a mess... I just start slowly than just drive through the mayhem and try to pull enough of a lead so no-one will harpoon me by not braking for a corner...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Batman arkham asylum. I'm about half way through (i think)and im worried about the villians. I've only seen twoface and penguin once, the only consistent villian is joker. Although the city is awesome i don't get the plotline. Why the f*ck wouldn't anybody stop this crazy arse hole from turning half of gotham into a prison city. And isn't wayne a billionaire who's virtually untouchable, surely someone would have stepped in and got the place shut down by the time he was sent in there.
    It's Batman Arkham City ;-)

You make great points @thelivingroyale, and I feel the exact same way. If you want to know my full feelings check out my long post in this very thread. I still don't understand all the hype. I am glad you are enjoying Uncharted 3 too. How many games can say they implemented a simulation of a man breaking physically and mentally in a desert?! HAHA!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Played a bit of MW1 on my 360, level 'Safehouse'... fav level of the game.
    Currently replaying both Uncharted 3 and Goldeneye Reloaded. Uncharted is still awesome. Cant drop the gamepad. Goldeneye is still great.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 4,619
    It's not the last video game I've played with but I have to recomment this:

Braid. Simply the most unique game since Portal. A very clever game with amazing atmospehre and a great story! 10/10

• Batman arkham asylum. I'm about half way through (i think)and im worried about the villians. I've only seen twoface and penguin once, the only consistent villian is joker. Although the city is awesome i don't get the plotline. Why the f*ck wouldn't anybody stop this crazy arse hole from turning half of gotham into a prison city. And isn't wayne a billionaire who's virtually untouchable, surely someone would have stepped in and got the place shut down by the time he was sent in there.
    It's Batman Arkham City ;-)

You make great points @thelivingroyale, and I feel the exact same way. If you want to know my full feelings check out my long post in this very thread. I still don't understand all the hype. I am glad you are enjoying Uncharted 3 too. How many games can say they implemented a simulation of a man breaking physically and mentally in a desert?! HAHA!
    yes, uncharted 3 is the best. Batman, i agree with you on that. I'm enjoying it and the combat and the city is awesome, but it seems like they just threw in alot of the villians for the sake of it, most of them make only one appearence. And as much as i hated the original series' robin, I would've liked to see more of this new badass robin.
    Monopoly 3d pc,great gameplay,classic game,great graphics.
    F1 2011 pc
    The Need for Speed games pc
    SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED
    Hot Pursuit
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    A!
    yes, uncharted 3 is the best. Batman, i agree with you on that. I'm enjoying it and the combat and the city is awesome, but it seems like they just threw in alot of the villians for the sake of it, most of them make only one appearence. And as much as i hated the original series' robin, I would've liked to see more of this new badass robin.

I know. Robin shows up for literally a minute and a half and gives Batman his Line Launcher before Batman basically says "GET LOST!". Horrible, just horrible.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    ok I have been playing Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater from the HD Collection. The new and improved cut scenes are so fresh looking, the new frame rate is impressive along with the new sound.

A must play for all!
    edited November 2011 Posts: 28,694
    ok I have been playing Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater from the HD Collection. The new and improved cut scenes are so fresh looking, the new frame rate is impressive along with the new sound.

A must play for all!
    Don't you mean a must WATCH for all? ;-)
    What game does not have cinematic experience?
    Sorry. I lost my interest in Metal Gear Solid after the 3rd. Nowadays I get my cinematic experience from other cinematic games such as the Uncharted series.

What game does not have cinematic experience?
    Like the 99.9% cinematic experience of MGS series or actual video games?
    Sorry. I lost my interest in Metal Gear Solid after the 3rd. Nowadays I get my cinematic experience from other cinematic games such as the Uncharted series.

Indeed. MGS4 was great for story but very short on gameplay. I remember not looking for Naomi just so I could get into gunfights with the men around the area of her location. They always respawned and it was the most fun I had all game minus the ending finale(the gameplay not the loooooong cinematic). I too go to Uncharted for the cinematic experience because you actually get to play that game.
    Oops, I meant to say after the 4th. But after that I pretty much lost all interest. Tried one of the earlier games again and just couldn't bring myself to sit through all those codec conversations and cinematics again.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 784
    haha you people amuse me, just hit the x button..................

As the player you really don't have to view any scene unless you feel fit to do so. That's why you can pretty much skip anything, as I assume you can in the Uncharted games too. I have only scene of few of those cut-scenes but know they exist, so your argument about cut-scenes is flawed. (but hope to get the games at some point).
    haha you people amuse me, just hit the x button..................

As the player you really don't have to view any scene unless you feel fit to do so. That's why you can pretty much skip anything, as I assume you can in the Uncharted games too. I have only scene of few of those cut-scenes but know they exist, so your argument about cut-scenes is flawed. (but hope to get the games at some point).
    I play games for story though. I don't want to skip the cutscenes. It ruins the hard work of the developer and the great story that has been formed. This applies to MGS too, even though I don't understand some of it. I never skip cutscenes on a game.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 784
    I play games for story though! I have played alot of games, and nothing really comes close to MGS as far as story line goes.
  • I'm very excited for Assassin's Creed: Revelations Coming out tomorrow...
    I also play games for the story. I could never skip a cutscene. I've never done this with the MGS series. I just came to that point where I thought ; okay the story is over and as brilliant and thought provoking some of the material was (I also cried when I played through MGS 3. Yes, I'm such a little girl) there is just too much of filler nonsense in those games, especially in number two and 4, that I just didn't want to play the games again. It hit me suddenly when I was replaying MGS 3 for the umpteenth time ; you know, this is it... I have no interest in this type of game anymore. MGS 4 ruined the rest of the franchise for me and my copy of MGS got broken when it fell on the floor. I don't know how that happened. Anyway... Not much into the series anymore.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Doom 3

Right after I fixed some compatibility issues, I was glad to play this classic again. Still rocks! One scary game for sure and that's exactly what I was looking for.
    The last game I played was DIRT 3. Unfortunately, it caused a thermal shutdown of my computer.
  • I've got quite a few games to play atm. Batman, Battlefield, MW3, Halo CE and Assassin's Creed Revelations. Busy busy man!
  • assasins creed revelations is by far the best in the series. The new items like the hookblade are very useful, there is alot more to do in terms of side-quests, its awesome. The only flaws are: 1- you do even less with desmond than you did in AC 1, and 2- the tower defense mini games that you are forced to do are irritating, pointless and not in the least bit fun
  • Im really enjoying halo CE too, great tribute to the original
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I finally got around to buying Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and it's what i've been playing lately. I like the recruit Assassin's feature, it's a neat little funcion, destroying the towers satisfy the pyromanic within and the Crossbow is most welcome.

It's better than I expected, I wish now i'd bought this one sooner. I have not finished this one yet, but here's my AC series ranking so far:

1. Assassin's Creed
    2. Assassin's Creed II
    Been switching between Uncharted 3(just got my CO-OP Crushing star), and Red Dead Redemption. I'm thinking about replaying LA Noire at the moment.
    Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix. Love the gore engine, and the multiplayer is fun too.