• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I love a woman in uniform. ;)
    or-s1_10-adrianne-hallway_1581_R1_hires1.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »
    I love a woman in uniform. ;)
    or-s1_10-adrianne-hallway_1581_R1_hires1.jpg

logo.png
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Adrianne Palicki is one of the reasons I want to watch The Orville Palicki was good in Agents of Shield and I first saw her in Smallville as a imposter Kara. Also the best thing in G.I. Joe: Retaliation

2012_gi_joe_retaliation_008.jpg
    Her off duty outfit is also lovely. :D
    uataegllskniyt0jzfkl.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Murdock wrote: »
    Her off duty outfit is also lovely. :D
    uataegllskniyt0jzfkl.jpg

Palicki looks gorgeous, Theron in The Orville crikey though Charlize was in that western comedy with Seth.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 17,687
    william-honey-lookin-good-from-her-head-to-her-toe-beauty-overload-body
    Fun fact, The blue alien from the pilot episode was none other than Rob Lowe! :O
    tl4q83n1q6lz.jpg
    No way!
    MV5BMjA0MzYzNzY3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM4ODM4NA@@._V1_UX630_CR0,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
    Not her finest moment the pilot was abysmal
    THAT'S where I remember her from!!!!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    THAT'S where I remember her from!!!!

I was just thinking that! :))
    Well, episode 5 was another goodie. Loved the practical joke thing. Man I hope this series just goes on and on. Every episode makes me smile.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yep! Loved it .
    Same here. I was rewatching the previous episodes and they just fill me with pure joy. :-bd
    A little refresher of the first 6 episodes. There are spoilers.
    Man, this series is way more serious than I would have thought coming from the same creative mind as Family Guy.

Sure, there is humor in this show, but this feels like legit ST in the vein of TNG, thst I used to watch as kid.

I'm going to agree, that this is a better show than the official ST that's coinciding with it.

I care more about the orville characters and there's this joy of adventure in this series. The comedy isn't forced down on you and there are surprisingly some strong themes in it, that I could also see in tng. Also Data could as well replace Isaac on this show and the character wouldn't be much different.

I still enjoy ST:Discovery. But it's not as good as the orville. In my opinion...that is.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Man, this series is way more serious than I would have thought coming from the same creative mind as Family Guy.

Sure, there is humor in this show, but this feels like legit ST in the vein of TNG, thst I used to watch as kid.

I'm going to agree, that this is a better show than the official ST that's coinciding with it.

I care more about the orville characters and there's this joy of adventure in this series. The comedy isn't forced down on you and there are surprisingly some strong themes in it, that I could also see in tng. Also Data could as well replace Isaac on this show and the character wouldn't be much different.

I still enjoy ST:Discovery. But it's not as good as the orville. In my opinion...that is.

I agree totally.
    For me it all falls to that positive outlook on the future. While the Union has conflicts with the Krill, that doesn't make the tone grim and dark. Even in the thick of danger there is still this feeling of hope. Each episode has knocked out of the park for me. It brings me pure unadulterated joy.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 533
    I still have mixed feelings about "The Orville". It's . . . it's too unoriginal. Aside from the humor, it's too much like the Trek shows from the "Next Generation" era. Even the score is a bit too similar to those three shows between 1987 and 2001.

But if people want lack of originality . . . that is what they'll get.
    Wow that episode of The Orville was topical to the core. It showed a human like civilization much like our own but the government basically works like a social media site. People are judged by up votes and down votes. And if they get down voted so much they get lobotomized. It's like a modern day 1984 dystopia. Scary stuff. Excellent episode. Very original.
    Yikes! I need to watch it SOON!!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Yikes! I need to watch it SOON!!

It was great. I was tense throughout the whole episode. Octopussy final act tense.
    OMGWTF this show just gets exponentially better as it goes... !?!?! Awesome. Gene Roddenberry must be like "See? That's what I was all about! Well, except for the hump jokes.." up in Heaven. ;) Seriously, this is my favourite show since Voyager now.
    I agree completely, It's the first time in a very long time that I've been committed to a weekly tv show. I'm looking forward to episode 8. :-bd
    I'm loving it. This episode reminded me of " Sliders" another of my old favourites.
    Not a huge fan of Star Trek but I watched the episode 'krill' and I thought it was both hilarious and poignant. The comedy when they were in disguise was brilliant.
    Good news everyone! The Orville has been renewed for a second season! \m/

http://deadline.com/2017/11/the-orville-renewed-for-season-2-fox-seth-macfarlane-1202200369/

"Seth MacFarlane’s space adventure series The Orville has been picked up for a second season by Fox. The decision comes seven episodes into The Orville‘s 13-episode first season. Because of the show’s elaborate production and post-production, including visual effects, The Orville had been intended for a limited season, and the early renewal will give it a head start on Season 2 whose exact length is TBD.

“Once again Seth has struck a powerful chord with viewers,” said Fox Entertainment president Michael Thorn. “He has delivered a series full of optimism, drama and his trademark humor. We want to thank him and the rest of the talented cast, as well as the producers and crew, for an incredible first season. We can’t wait to see where The Orvilletravels in the second.”
    Great news !