No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Oh, right, thanks @Clark Devlin! That's when I had my suspicions that DC wasn't quite done with the role.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    peter wrote: »
    Oh, right, thanks @Clark Devlin! That's when I had my suspicions that DC wasn't quite done with the role.
    And you were right! :)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I bought The Green Hornet on dvd though it was dirt cheap in a bargain bin for good reason, Waltz was better in Gilliam's Zero Theorem

Glad I wasn't the only one that heartily enjoyed The Zero Theorem. Felt like Gilliam diving back into the world of his classic Brazil once more.

Agree with echos of Twelve Monkeys also, Gilliam is one of my favourite directors Brazil is fantastic and feels even more relevant today.

What did you think of The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @ClarkDevlin , I just showed my wife what you had said about me being right. And she said, "Finally"...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I bought The Green Hornet on dvd though it was dirt cheap in a bargain bin for good reason, Waltz was better in Gilliam's Zero Theorem

Glad I wasn't the only one that heartily enjoyed The Zero Theorem. Felt like Gilliam diving back into the world of his classic Brazil once more.

Agree with echos of Twelve Monkeys also, Gilliam is one of my favourite directors Brazil is fantastic and feels even more relevant today.

That's one of the few of his films I've yet to see. It's upsetting that I have yet to; how was it?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423
    @ClarkDevlin , I just showed my wife what you had said about me being right. And she said, "Finally"...
    Haha, nice one! Reminds me of this joke! :))

Then again, despite all these delays and constant forgery of journalism brought in for the last two years, I always knew Craig was coming back.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

That's one of the few of his films I've yet to see. It's upsetting that I have yet to; how was it?

It's a curious film more so because it was Heath Ledgers last film, and there is some spooky foreshadowing within the film itself. As a Gilliam fan I think you would appreciate the film (I have gone off topic lol oh well I can't complain about this thread again)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    yes @ClarkDevlin , they are, and that's why there's a warm bed to sleep in at nights!!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Bond's Spectre passport says he was born in November 1972 at Glencoe.

EDIT: it might actually be his SF passport, one or the other. But it's Bond's own passport, not Bryce. Born 11 Nov, 1972.
    Can you please post a picture?
    someone in that twitter account thread:
    Found @peter's post. It appears Bond is born in 1972, somehow?
    Haven't seen that pic before. Thanks for posting for me, I was away from the computer.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 2,081

It's a curious film more so because it was Heath Ledgers last film, and there is some spooky foreshadowing within the film itself. As a Gilliam fan I think you would appreciate the film (I have gone off topic lol oh well I can't complain about this thread again)

Umm... what do you mean by "spooky foreshadowing"? He died while they were making the movie so some changes had to be made in order to finish the movie, or abandon the movie altogether. I don't see how any of the changes made could retrospectively be considered "spooky foreshadowing" since he was already dead. Or maybe I was just too upset and heartbroken watching it to consider anything as such. Please elaborate. (w spoiler tags if needed)
    Tuulia wrote: »

Umm... what do you mean by "spooky foreshadowing"? He died while they were making the movie so some changes had to be made in order to finish the movie, or abandon the movie altogether. I don't see how any of the changes made could retrospectively be considered "spooky foreshadowing" since he was already dead. Or maybe I was just too upset and heartbroken watching it to consider anything as such. Please elaborate. (w spoiler tags if needed)

I was referring to a particular scene in the film
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Regarding the current subject line - Bond 25 Production Diary: Rory Kinnear unsure if he'll return as Tanner

So that means he's holding out for a bigger salary. Or a meatier role. Good for him!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He just wants to make sure he'll be able to go out 'on a high' before committing.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Agreed.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Bye.
    bondjames wrote: »
    He just wants to make sure he'll be able to go out 'on a high' before committing.
    Yep! @TheWizardOfIce will strap him to a space rocket and fire him to the moon. He’s going out on a high alright.
    Can we have Villiers back instead? He at least showed emotion.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    actually, rumour has it, @TheWizardOfIce is mourning this loss; Wizard can be found at the local cathedral..

He IS praying God will grant Rory a return as Tanner, and, if this is not to be.... well rumour also has it that Wizard will promptly shit thunderbolts from the sky...

Just saying...
    Rory Kinnear unsure? Perhaps that makes Jeffrey Wright more sure. I sincerely hope so :-D. I'm a bit done with Kinnear. His role felt very......replacable anyway.
    Jeffery Wright returning for Craig's finale would be wonderful.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Murdock wrote: »
    Jeffery Wright returning for Craig's finale would be wonderful.
    I sincerely hope he will return for B25, too
    Give me Felix over Tanner any day.
    Nah, we need ´em all, to support Bond in the field, alongside M, Q, and MP, to at last make Bond look like the fool he is.
    What a shame. Gonna miss the cardies.

Definitely need Felix back for Craig's last outing. And by that I mean Jeffrey Wright of course. Will be interesting to hear Felix's take on the current state of the world!

How old is DC's Bond supposed to be? Is it a set age, (born '68, I believe?), or do we just roll with whatever DC's actual age is?

Daniel Craig's version of James Bond was born on Saturday April 13th 1968. So James Bond will be 51 years old. By the way this Bond was born in Berlin, Germany (West-Berlin probably at the time?)::
    d1Tad0S.jpg

Timothy Dalton's version of James Bond was born on Wednesday November 10th 1948. So James Bond will be celebrating his 71st birthday when Bond #25 premieres :-D! By the way, this Bond was born in London:
    BY9mUEr.jpg

If Bond was born in 1968 then he would be 49 not 51...

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Hope Rory comes back, he could bring Eggy and Count Arthur with him!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Kinnear is only saying the same as anybody else - no casting has been confirmed.

I'm sure Wishaw, Fiennes and Harris would have to say the same at this stage.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    007Blofeld wrote: »

The more interesting news in here is:
    "A source said recently: "Bond needs to keep up with the times and will be looking into Elon Musk's world, spacecrafts, planes that can fly across the earth in an hour, cars turning into submarines (...) That's what we need to include now. Daniel's stunts are going to move to a new level and have to include things that were shown in space movies like 'Interstellar'. He's involved every step of the way, as he always is, and he's bursting with enthusiasm and excitement."

Yay, Bond in Space again and submarine cars! Is this something to look forward to or should we be afraid?
    moon-landing.png
    image-784031-galleryV9-jfsx-784031.jpg
    Nervous I think....could go either way.
    Tanner is the author of all of Bond's pain.