No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yeah this is the closest we've gotten to it so far.
    GoldenEye_007_-_Wii_-_1.jpg
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    That would be great too.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Murdock wrote: »
    The initial Bond character model GoldenEye 007 included, @Murdock:

HYSBFJG.png
    nsmgNfz.jpg
    sCWHOK7.png
    KVrKbIY.jpg

HYSBFJG.png
    nsmgNfz.jpg
    sCWHOK7.png
    KVrKbIY.jpg

Now that's awesome! :-bd

HYSBFJG.png
    nsmgNfz.jpg
    sCWHOK7.png
    KVrKbIY.jpg

I'm personally partial to the stealth outfit we got in the final game. :)

HYSBFJG.png
    nsmgNfz.jpg
    sCWHOK7.png
    KVrKbIY.jpg

It's alright but it just feels too casual and lightweight. Kinda like his snow outfit in SP.

HYSBFJG.png
    nsmgNfz.jpg
    sCWHOK7.png
    KVrKbIY.jpg

It's alright but it just feels too casual and lightweight. Kinda like his snow outfit in SP.
    Yes, it feels lightweight. That's why I like it. Makes him move more freely as opposed to dressed to assault. Besides, not tucking his pants into the boots is a big plus for me (as that military tucking of the pants into the boots is a pet peeve of mine. :)) ).
    Call me traditional. ;)
    You got it. ;)
    bondjames wrote: »
    Bond is meant to be a well tailored spy with refined sartorial tastes.
    And who exactly decides what "well tailored" is, if not Jany Temime, an expert of the field?
    And who exactly decides what "well tailored" is, if not Jany Temime, an expert of the field?
    It doesn't take an expert to realize that, really.

There are cheap suits (i.e. baggy), there are fashion suits (for flashy and metrosexual people) and then there are well-tailored suits (a gentleman's wear).
    If Temime returns (most likely) I would greatly appreciate it if she stops with the ridiculously constricted suits. Bond is meant to be a well tailored spy with refined sartorial tastes.

I also would prefer that she not attempt to put Craig in clothing to remind us of Connery (SF grey suit, or SP white dinner jacket with red carnation). She has mentioned that she was trying to evoke that look, and I think it's rather silly to continue with this attempt. He doesn't have the same height, frame or poise and so such an approach only results in inferior negative comparisons imho.

Put him in something which a man of his build looks good in - and yes, as has been mentioned by many of us here in the past, the QOS look works best on him. We can see it. Why can't she (or he)?

I think Jany Temime mostly looked at romantic movies from the 1950's and 1940's, like "Casablanca". That was her prime inspiration really. She openly talked about it. Bond's look should reflect Humphrey Bogart, not necessarily Sean Connery. That's what she specifically said in interviews. Madeleine's short cocktail dress (and its motifs/patterns) at Blofeld's lair was even inspired by Igrid Bergman's dress:
    Humphrey-Bogart-and-Ingrid-Bergman-in-Casablanca-807087.jpg

The 'desert themed fashion' was especially visible dduring the scenes in the Sahara/Moroccan desert:
    maxresdefault.jpg

So perhaps we, Bond fans, are too soon thinking that it's 'cheap copy-paste work' from the Connery films. Again, I never heard Jany Temime saying that she wanted to make the film look like a 60's Bond film. On the contrary, both Dutch crew members Hoyte van Hoytema and Jany Temime worked closely together to create that warm desert theme, both in the visuals as well as with the wardrobes.

Lastly, I do think it's all a matter of opinion when we say that Bond looks better in this or that. Personally, I think his suits were already a bit more 'regular fit' than 'slim fit'. That's a recent trend that's coming back again. Slim fit jeans are a bit 'out', whereas regular fit jeans are 'trendsetting' again in 2017.

With this most likely being Craig's last Bond film, I'd like to see him in Black combat fatigues like what Bond wore in the PTS of TLD and GE.

I like to see Craig wearing stuff, that his immediate predecessors didn't wear before (I don't mind Humphrey Bogart though ;-) )...and that reflects the current fashion trends. Craig's winter wardrobe in Austria was marvellous.
    Yes, the Austrian wardrobe had bit of an OHMSS feel to it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I don't care what her credentials are. She is someone I'd rather see off the job after Craig leaves. As far as I'm concerned, she is subpar and is making a mockery of Bond's look.
    So perhaps we, Bond fans, are too soon thinking that it's 'cheap copy-paste work' from the Connery films. Again, I never heard Jany Temime saying that she wanted to make the film look like a 60's Bond film.
    Well I did. The white dinner suit with red carnation addition is a Connery classic. So, irrespective of your assessment of my opinion, I stand by it. Moreover, the man split his pants in Tangier (something which his costar laughed about in interviews after the film was released), so it wasn't just my impression that things were taken too far.
    Strog wrote: »
    Also, DC wants Monica Bellucci back in the next film to have a fuller, longer role.
    I doubt this enormously, and I've never considered it before now, but seeing as how we're bound to get continuity in some fashion with B25, I'd actually really like to have Bellucci back as the main girl. Way preferable to bringing back Madeline. It might not right the wrong of her all-to-brief appearance in SP, but it's a start.

Call me a sexist dinosaur, but I really would like them to stay away from any women that has got a 4 at her first number, let alone a 5!
    With this most likely being Craig's last Bond film, I'd like to see him in Black combat fatigues like what Bond wore in the PTS of TLD and GE.

I like to see Craig wearing stuff, that his immediate predecessors didn't wear before (I don't mind Humphrey Bogart though ;-) )...and that reflects the current fashion trends. Craig's winter wardrobe in Austria was marvellous.

I gather you're talking about the one that made him look like one of the seven dwarfs when he walks to the clinic? Yeah, that truly looked imposing!
    Also, DC wants Monica Bellucci back in the next film to have a fuller, longer role.
    I doubt this enormously, and I've never considered it before now, but seeing as how we're bound to get continuity in some fashion with B25, I'd actually really like to have Bellucci back as the main girl. Way preferable to bringing back Madeline. It might not right the wrong of her all-to-brief appearance in SP, but it's a start.

Call me a sexist dinosaur, but I really would like them to stay away from any women that has got a 4 at her first number, let alone a 5!

What about a 6? Or indeed a 5? Lotte Lenya-style? Or Ilse Steppat-esque actress? We can easily transform Bellucci in such a woman :-).

What about a 6? Or indeed a 5? Lotte Lenya-style? Or Ilse Steppat-esque actress? We can easily transform Bellucci in such a woman :-).
    I sincerely hope you're joking.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 4,619
    I want some of the stuff you are smoking, @Gustav_Graves! [laughing smiley face*]

*what happened to that emoticon panel you could select emoticons from, btw?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 2,138

I am 36, I wouldn't care if Bellucci was 60 I would still rather her than a women half her age, she is stunning.

look at Billy Joels ex Christine Brinkley she is 63 and still drop dead gorgeous https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4d/a2/db/4da2db86df819535d352ceedd4362071--christie-brinkley-hair-.jpg
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I want some of the stuff you are smoking, @Gustav_Graves! [laughing smiley face*]

*what happened to that emoticon panel you could select emoticons from, btw?

Not sure. You can do them yourself I think :)) colon bracket bracket
    What about Sylvia Hoeks or Tilda Swinton playing Irma Bunt?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423

I am 36, I wouldn't care if Bellucci was 60 I would still rather her than a women half her age, she is stunning.

look at Billy Joels ex Christine Brinkley she is 63 and still drop dead gorgeous https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4d/a2/db/4da2db86df819535d352ceedd4362071--christie-brinkley-hair-.jpg
    It's not the 60 year old Monica being the Bond Girl that I mind, I don't. It's Gustav's suggestion of transforming her to Irma Bunt/Rosa Klebb style of a woman that I find dismal (or in his words, "grotesque"). Bellucci's main appeal in the majority of the films she appears in is her looks and sexuality. I'm sure it's not because of her acting mainly, as she isn't the Meryl Streep type by a wide margin. She's there to attract the eyes of those who love females, that is a factual statement, whichever genre the film may be.

Want Rosa Klebb/Irma Bunt? There's Tilda Swinton for that. Not Monica Bellucci.

It's not the 60 year old Monica being the Bond Girl that I mind, I don't. It's Gustav's suggestion of transforming her to Irma Bunt/Rosa Klebb style of a woman that I find dismal (or in his words, "grotesque"). Bellucci's main appeal in the majority of the films she appears in is her looks and sexuality. I'm sure it's not because of her acting mainly, as she isn't the Meryl Streep type by a wide margin. She's there to attract the eyes of those who love females, that is a factual statement, whichever genre the film may be.

Want Rosa Klebb/Irma Bunt? There's Tilda Swinton for that. Not Monica Bellucci.

I have to agree with that.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 11,425
    Not only does Bellucci look great but she has presence and class and upstages many other actors. It was great having her (too briefly) in SP. Good and enjoyable casting. It helped lift the movie above the mundane.

For my money it always works best when Bond is with a woman of similar or more believable age. Craig looked more plausible with Bellucci than he did with Seydoux. A younger actress is fine with a younger Bond but as the lead actor ages so should his leading women.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 1,162
    Getafix wrote: »
    Not only does Bellucci look great but she has presence and class and upstages many other actors. It was great having her (too briefly) in SP. Good and enjoyable casting. It helped lift the movie above the mundane.

For my money it always works best when Bond is with a woman of similar or more believable age. Craig looked more plausible with Bellucci than he did with Seydoux. A younger actress is fine with a younger Bond but as the lead actor ages so should his leading women.

I would rather prefer if they would solve the problem the other way around. Meaning a younger bond, not older woman.
    You people also might consider that EON should give the youngsters something to dream about as well. And don't tell me they have to hots for MB, they don't.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited October 2017 Posts: 8,009

I agree. She doesn't have the greatest range (despite some good performances through the years), but boy, the woman commands your attention when she is onscreen. She's just got something other than her looks that makes you want to keep your eyes on her. Perhaps it's a 50s, 60s femme fatale vibe.

I agree. She doesn't have the greatest range (despite some good performances through the years), but boy, the woman commands your attention when she is onscreen. She's just got something other than her looks that makes you want to keep your eyes on her. Perhaps it's a 50s, 60s femme fatale vibe.

She is a MILF,plane and simple ;)