Rest In Peace Monkee man

edited March 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 2,596

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Yup I found this a little sad and very surprising. Fellow Monkee Peter Tork had been ill with cancer a while back and he has outlived the one everyone thought would live a long life.
    Sad sad news. I grew up with the Monkees on the tv. RIP Davy Jones!
    "Fellow Monkee Peter Tork had been ill with cancer a while back and he has outlived the one everyone thought would live a long life."

Yes, it's a strange, unpredictable world.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 401
    When I read the title of this thread, I thought that Daniel Craig had died.
    LOL. Sorry if I scared you there Metz.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 9,738
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    that is not funny

But regards to the thread i hope his family can at least find a quantum of solace in this difficult time.
    Yes, it is a tragedy. Another loss of a classic. My memories of Davy Jones exist in the 3rd Season Brady Bunch episode, "Getting Davy Jones", in which Marcia convinces her class that she can get Davy Jones to sing at her school's prom because he's in town on tour. Unfortunately, every girl in town wants to meet him, so Marcia is out of luck unless she can get in touch with Davy Jones! A classic episode, and one of my favorites. Rest in peace Mr. Jones!
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    Harsh but funny. ;)
    This sucks. The Monkees are legends. Their songs still bounce around in my head. Think I'll sign that petition, that's floating around the interwebs, to get them in the Hall of Fame.