War Gaming!!! Warhammer/Warhammer 40K

Kind of just curious really to see if anyone on here currently plays these table top games presently or in the past? I know with the advent of countless console games......etc. Their are plenty of different battle come fighting games. However? For me having a map and models kind of gives me a General/Field Marshall kind of vibe which I think is good fun.

Their are different types of genre you can go with? Whether set in the past or the future, or even on film franchises such as the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. My own personal favourite is a game called Space Hulk which essentially is the film ALIENS in a slightly different guise.

I experienced the game in my final year of school which was 27/28 years ago. About a year ago thanks to Ebay, I managed to pick up 2 copies as well as 2 copies of DEATHWING and a copy of GENESTEALER which introduces psychic warfare. Now the maps I can create are way above what I played years ago and is just as much fun.

Interested to hear your thoughts?

Comments

Lol! What a successful thread this one turned out to be?!!! Lol!
    I used to play Dungeons & Dragons a hell of a lot in my youth if that helps !!
    Lol! I can always rely upon you my good man!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I used to play 40k but the rules became too cumbersome for me, plus I was much more into the models than I was the game so I couldn't settle on an army! I played Tyranids (mostly), Tau, Necrons, Marines, Chaos Marines... too much lol
    I used to play 40k but the rules became too cumbersome for me, plus I was much more into the models than I was the game so I couldn't settle on an army! I played Tyranids (mostly), Tau, Necrons, Marines, Chaos Marines... too much lol

They sort of did the same with Space Hulk when releasing new editions. I just purchased the additional expansions and models and stuck to the original rules. Far simpler!