No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Risico007 wrote: »
    001 wrote: »
    Hopefully B25 will have better looking bonds girls than Spectre.

landscape-1439481607-monica-bellucci-and-lea-seydoux.jpg

Except for Stephanie Sigman who looks absolutely beautiful.

Spectre-Movie-James-Bond-Girls-Photos-Trailer-Premiere.jpg

Hopefully you get your eyes fixed some day as all 3 girls were off the charts

I am absolutely with 001 on this one.
    MB was way too old and LS is actually just acceptable but nothing really special.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I personally thought Sigman was the best of the Bond girls in SP. She knocked it out of the park with a role in a mask and with limited screen time. I wish we saw more of her and I actually wish more of the film were shot in Mexico because it's one of the highlights for me. I think Sigman could have rivalled Marlohe if they'd given her a chance.

I don't see the big deal about Bellucci. She was a true knockout stunner in the 90's but unfortunately I wasn't all that impressed by her in SP, even though her acting was very good. Seydoux certainly has the looks, but perhaps she should have had a non speaking role.
  • NicNac wrote: »
    001 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Sigman's a smoke-show, and was a highlight in the pre-titles... She was an incredible flirt, very sexy and in control, a woman who knew this was going to end up back in her bedroom (she just wasn't prepared for what came next!)...

What caught me about this opening sequence, and still does is, I wonder how Bond picked her up? Because once we meet them, these two are certainly "popping" off the screen together-- it feels like the relationship is only hours old, but their attraction is immediate.

I certainly love her and DC-- to me the best, and most Bondian moments of the pre-titles in SP.

Sigman was a bloody cameo with only a quarter of a page of lines. No wait, two sentences. Should this be the standard for casting? I am going to blunt now: No. I hope we can try to be a little less sexist here, and judge all women on their acting skills foremost.

You're very PC aren't you. ? Which doesn't belong in bond films,imo.
    Seydoux's acting was horrible in SP.........imo.

I thought Seydoux gave one of the better performances. Funny how we all see things differently.

I think Lea Seydoux was a wonderful Bond-girl, regardless of the confusing and at times unbelievable storylines and badly explained plotholes. She completely shone during the Hoffler Clinic sequence. From a rather dominating doctor she believably turned into a scared, shivering, angry Honey Rider-esque woman. I compare Madeleine a lot with Honey ("I'm scared James"). She acted with gusto and credibility. That's one aspect I tend to disagree with a lot: The acting. Which IMO in SP was better than average and at times very good. Something we can't say of Denise Richards or Tanya Roberts. The latter two were merely portraying flat bimbo's.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,686
    Something we can't say of Denise Richards or Tanya Roberts. The latter two were merely portraying flat bimbo's.
    I hope we can try to be a little less sexist here, and judge all women on their acting skills foremost.

'Bimbo', even if you were talking about their acting skills, is considered sexist. Not that I care you used it, but those 2 posts of yours are contradictory.

''An attractive but unintelligent or frivolous young woman'' is the definition of bimbo, by the way.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Gustav_Graves , I'm not understanding your point of view here? I was saying she was a beautiful woman, the character in control; that in such a short scene she made a huge impact; that their scenes seemed to be layered with the context of their relationship--

I see nothing sexist in my remarks.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 19,339
    I feel the Bond girls in SP is the same as the film itself: averagE ,and slightly dull.
  • RC7RC7
    Gimme a break, people. If MB propositioned any of you, you'd be up there like a rat up a drainpipe. If not, I can only assume you bat for the other side, which is obviously fair enough.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,423
    @Gustav_Graves , I'm not understanding your point of view here? I was saying she was a beautiful woman, the character in control; that in such a short scene she made a huge impact; that their scenes seemed to be layered with the context of their relationship--

I see nothing sexist in my remarks.
    @peter, the initial point of his comment is that if you don't like what he likes, then you're irrelevant and have no taste in anything. That's what he always means whenever he's commenting on something. He clearly knows better and we know nothing.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Gimme a break, people. If MB propositioned any of you, you'd be up there like a rat up a drainpipe. If not, I can only assume you bat for the other side, which is obviously fair enough.

Oh yes !!

(The rat up a drainpipe not the batting for the other side.)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @ClarkDevlin , thank you for clearing that up; I don't know how he also took what I said and suggested this is how we should cast Bond films??? I'm actually not sure what he meant by that, especially in context of what I had originally said.
    My brain hurts now :(
    If I was 'propositioned' by MB I'd surely jump at the chance, even though she's seen better days. She's certainly still got the goods and takes care of herself. Why not? Queen and country.
    @ClarkDevlin , thank you for clearing that up; I don't know how he also took what I said and suggested this is how we should cast Bond films??? I'm actually not sure what he meant by that, especially in context of what I had originally said.
    No problem, @peter. It's why I hardly bother responding to some of the comments here. Some just point out the one metaphor that leads to "I'm right, you're wrong" or "My opinion is better than yours."

This thread has become full of it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @ClarkDevlin , I agree, and the forum is interesting when there are differing opinions.

There have been quite a few differences of opinions that have given me pause to reconsider my own thoughts.

My appreciation for Sir Rog has probably grown more so because of the love many have for him on this site.

Even if we don't agree, listening to and considering other viewpoints will open up one's own perspectives.

No problem, @peter. It's why I hardly bother responding to some of the comments here. Some just point out the one metaphor that leads to "I'm right, you're wrong" or "My opinion is better than yours."

There's a useful 4-letter word....... ;)

• edited September 2017 Posts: 11,119
    Something we can't say of Denise Richards or Tanya Roberts. The latter two were merely portraying flat bimbo's.
    I hope we can try to be a little less sexist here, and judge all women on their acting skills foremost.

'Bimbo', even if you were talking about their acting skills, is considered sexist. Not that I care you used it, but those 2 posts of yours are contradictory.

''An attractive but unintelligent or frivolous young woman'' is the definition of bimbo, by the way.

You are right to a certain extend. But as others were referring merely to the looks of the actresses, I was also referring to the acting skills. And yes, if someone's role is written as a bimbo, that's sexist too.

@Peter My problem really is, that we are comparing a cameo (Stephanie Sigman) with a leading female role (Lea Seydoux). That's not entirely fair I think. Obviously we can complement someone for her good looks, but one can also exaggerate and say that Stephanie Sigman was much more credible as a Bond girl than Madeleine Swann; I find that a bit preposterous.

To defend Stephanie Sigman: In "Narcos"....That's where she was a wonderful actress. For that role she deserves credits...and perhaps a Golden Globe too. But....that little cameo in SP?
    This is Bond after all (a male fantasy role & universe), and so I would think looks plus convincing acting are prerequisites for any female character.
    @ClarkDevlin , I agree, and the forum is interesting when there are differing opinions.

There have been quite a few differences of opinions that have given me pause to reconsider my own thoughts.

My appreciation for Sir Rog has probably grown more so because of the love many have for him on this site.

Even if we don't agree, listening to and considering other viewpoints will open up one's own perspectives.
    Indeed, @peter. And if opinions that vary from the default one a person has, is explained coherently, I do heartily embrace it and even see where they come from. I don't have to agree with it, but I respect it because the view is explained rather than loads of invisible spectrum or blabbing verbs are inserted into paragraphs that don't say much getting shoehorned into the comment when it could simply be responded in one small sentence and save us the trouble of decrypting them.

I used to not like Lazenby much and wanted Craig out after seeing Skyfall. But, that changed overtime and I like them both a lot more than I used to.

It's all down to a proper explanation rather than putting random words that hide an insult underneath their umbrellas just because the other doesn't agree with the former. I despise that. Sadly, we have more opinionated members here than we should, and dare I say, some are fight mongers here as well, endorsing attacks on one another in the process just because the opinions differ.

We can't all be reasonable, see? Ah well.

If anything happens however, MI6 has a lawyer we could always use. ;)
    barryt007 wrote: »

There's a useful 4-letter word....... ;)
    Precisely, @barryt007. ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Gustav_Graves , you criticized what I was saying when I WAS complimenting an actress and the impact she had in such a few short scenes.

Nothing I said was sexist. Perhaps you should re-read what I said.

If you're offended I complimented her as a smoke show, am I mistaken that you made a similar observation of Yann Demange? Should I say you objectified him (since you commented only on his looks, and not his talent)?
  • RC7 wrote: »

No I wouldn't and certainly not because I am not interested in women. It's a matter of taste end of this taste staying a constant. Just because I grow older I don't have to change the way I perceive women's attractiveness.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 11,119
    @Gustav_Graves , you criticized what I was saying when I WAS complimenting an actress and the impact she had in such a few short scenes.

Nothing I said was sexist. Perhaps you should re-read what I said.

If you're offended I complimented her as a smoke show, am I mistaken that you made a similar observation of Yann Demange? Should I say you objectified him (since you commented only on his looks, and not his talent)?

Nono, I wasn't offended hehe :-). Just, my opinion....to me acting is very important too. I just found Sigman's acting too little to turn it into such a huge compliment.

On the other hand, I am having post edited for content at work and I made sure my female manager is now listening to me as well. Spanish culture and Dutch culture: Man, that's pretty damn hard sometimes.

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/18300/moderating-the-forum#latest
  • I thought Madeline was alright. Very realistic and well acted character and I liked how she was Mr White's daughter, that was a cool angle. And while Seydoux isn't really my type I can't deny she's attractive. Belluci was really underused which is a shame because she's a good actress and I mean, just look at her. Really wish they hadn't turned her down for TND because I think Paris was a much better character than Lucia. Did very well in the time she had though.

Neither of them come close to Berenice though. She's my favourite Bond girl. Biggest flaw in SF is that they didn't give her more screentime.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    This is the fourteenth time I've asked to get back on topic. Please people, revert the discussion back to B25.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Right, I'm also not a fan of Swann and hope she does not make a return for B25
    Ditto.
    Ditto.

As DaltonBond would say : "Better make thattttttttttt two"..

I think this discussion informs what (and who) some of us want to see in B25. Quite frankly, most of the discussion here reflects opinions of what people want to see going forward (even if it's expressed in opaque and sometimes argumentative terms), which is why it's my favourite thread in this forum. Folks have an opportunity to be open about their likes and dislikes without being confined to thread specific restrictive mantras (lovers threads for instance).

It's not like there's anything more to discuss about B25 at this moment anyway, until the much rumoured announcement of a 'two parter' is made sometime this month (according to one forum source). It will be a drip, drip, drip for a few months yet imho. The 2nd comment on page one of this thread still remains the most notabe one here, along with the announcement of the release date and Craig's return.

Having said all that, I will respect your wishes and refrain from commenting further on which SP babe I liked the most @jake24.
    Ditto.

As DaltonBond would say : "Better make thattttttttttt two"..
    Exactly. ;)
    My only question and it's kind of a big one considering Bond 25 would a vengeance ridden bond sleeping around be ok in others eyes... I don't have an issue (assuming we are mixing Ohmss and YOLT) in Bond 25 with 007 seeking solace in other women's arms as again many people do enjoy the opposite sex with a bit of abandonment after a traumatic experience (I know I did after my fall out with my ex gf) but others may find that behavior disingenuous... what is everyone's thoughts?
    Risico007 wrote: »
    My only question and it's kind of a big one considering Bond 25 would a vengeance ridden bond sleeping around be ok in others eyes... I don't have an issue (assuming we are mixing Ohmss and YOLT) in Bond 25 with 007 seeking solace in other women's arms as again many people do enjoy the opposite sex with a bit of abandonment after a traumatic experience (I know I did after my fall out with my ex gf) but others may find that behavior disingenuous... what is everyone's thoughts?

Those 2 words are enough to put me off that idea,sorry matey,i cant face another film like that,Bond or not.
    Risico007 wrote: »

Those 2 words are enough to put me off that idea,sorry matey,i cant face another film like that,Bond or not.
    +1.

I don't think we'll see Bond sleeping around much. This is Craig after all, and he's commented negatively on the character's pursuits in that regard. If this is his self proclaimed 'high' I think he won't want that to be an essential part of the character's progress.

Vengeance, solace and acceptance may be what they go for, but I think whatever they do the public will inevitably compare it to SF. Watch for that to be the discussion in two years time when the film is released.