No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited August 2017 Posts: 2,730
    bondjames wrote: »
    Heads-up: Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool will premiere this weekend at the Telluride Film Festival. Not sure if Barbara Broccoli is attending or not.
    I'm happy for Babs that she's spreading her wings, but quite frankly I couldn't give a toss about her non-Bond efforts. Bond is my interest, & not EON.

True, but I will say that it was when Saltzman started to spread his wings, that he went bankrupt and had to sell bond.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I wonder what kind of cameo Michael g Wilson will make in Bond 25

Hopefully it's slightly more noticeable than it was in the last two.

"Consider him slimed."
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    If eon holds on to the franchise after bond 25 then i can see gregg succeding his father as producer also here's a little discussion for everyone to debate on should craig's tenure end with killing off bond at the end? I think it would be a dramatic change for the franchise.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Does anyone think the announcement we are looking for could come from the Daily Mail and Baz in Fridays edition??
    Might. But I wouldn't hold your breath.

Where are MGW's cameos in Skyfall and Spectre? The last one I noticed was in QoS.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    SharkBait wrote: »

Where are MGW's cameos in Skyfall and Spectre? The last one I noticed was in QoS.

He appears in the doorway when M visits the coffins in SF, and he appears in a hallway scene right before M and MP approach C in SP.
  • Whispers swirling about Beyoncé doing Bond 25 theme. Thoughts?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Whispers swirling about Beyoncé doing Bond 25 theme. Thoughts?
    Tabloid drivel, mate.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Too early for that. And Beyoncé would be a distraction.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 462
    Ishould craig's tenure end with killing off bond at the end?

No. Terrible idea. They might as well make the codename theory real at that point.

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    He has to end the same way he came in, no idea. Who was he before CR, doesnt matter, who is he after b25, doesnt matter. Just dont have someone with him going into the sunset, he has to go alone
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    CrzChris4 wrote: »
    Ishould craig's tenure end with killing off bond at the end?

No. Terrible idea. They might as well make the codename theory real at that point.
    +1. I don't see the point in killing Bond off just for the sake of trying to create a dramatic point, it just shows how they'd run out of ideas and lazy drama is a sad attempt to impress the audience.
    Hopefully B25 will have better looking bonds girls than Spectre.

landscape-1439481607-monica-bellucci-and-lea-seydoux.jpg

Except for Stephanie Sigman who looks absolutely beautiful.

Spectre-Movie-James-Bond-Girls-Photos-Trailer-Premiere.jpg
    001 wrote: »

Hopefully you get your eyes fixed some day as all 3 girls were off the charts
    Heads-up: Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool will premiere this weekend at the Telluride Film Festival. Not sure if Barbara Broccoli is attending or not.
    I'm happy for Babs that she's spreading her wings, but quite frankly I couldn't give a toss about her non-Bond efforts. Bond is my interest, & not EON.

True, but I will say that it was when Saltzman started to spread his wings, that he went bankrupt and had to sell bond.

Sorry, but you can't compare the two. Saltzman went bankrupt because of his financial dealings in Technicolor not through his film productions. And Barbara Broccoli has been 'spreading her wings' for quite some time now.
  • RC7RC7
    Dennison wrote: »

Sorry, but you can't compare the two. Saltzman went bankrupt because of his financial dealings in Technicolor not through his film productions. And Barbara Broccoli has been 'spreading her wings' for quite some time now.

Yeah, but there's a doom and gloom rhetoric in these parts you simply must subscribe to. Everything is awful. Didn't you get the memo?
    RC7 wrote: »
    Dennison wrote: »

Yeah, but there's a doom and gloom rhetoric in these parts you simply must subscribe to. Everything is awful. Didn't you get the memo?

Apparently not.
    Risico007 wrote: »

Damn, isn't aging a bitch? Bellucci was absolutely stunning 20 years ago. I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world when I first saw her in 1996 in the movie 'The Apartment', which is a great film.

Stephanie Sigman does nothing for me. I like the French dame though. She's certainly not the most beautiful woman to grace this planet but I find her attractive.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2017 Posts: 4,043
    Their looks aren't the problem, MB is stunning even in her 50's and Seydoux was a sight for sore eyes, possible visit to the occulist might be overdue.

All 3 would have benefited with better material, Eva will always be the best this era had to offer, she is stunning but she also got the dialogue and story.

Bérénice Marlohe in her short time on screen, left a far more memorable impression for me than any of those 3, she burnt up the screen with DC till her demise and Olga Kurylenko comes across better as well.

The reasons for disappointment with those 3 isn't down to their looks far from it.
    Bounine wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »

Damn, isn't aging a bitch? Bellucci was absolutely stunning 20 years ago. I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world when I first saw her in 1996 in the movie 'The Apartment', which is a great film.

Stephanie Sigman does nothing for me. I like the French dame though. She's certainly not the most beautiful woman to grace this planet but I find her attractive.

Does Stephanie do anything for you these photos. ? :)

t-stephanie-signman.jpg

Stephanie-Sigman.jpg
    edited September 2017 Posts: 1,575
    Shardlake wrote: »
    There looks aren't the problem, MB is stunning even in her 50's and Seydoux was a sight for sore eyes, possible visit to the occulist might be overdue.

All 3 would have benefited with better material, Eva will always be the best this era had to offer, she is stunning but she also got the dialogue and story.

Bérénice Marlohe in her short time on screen, left a far more memorable impression for me than any of those 3, she burnt up the screen with DC till her demise and Olga Kurylenko comes across better as well.

The reasons for disappointment with those 3 isn't down to their looks far from it.

I Wouldn't say MB looks stunning but everyone has different opinions.

monicabelluci-spectre-26475.jpg?itok=aqHq3y2c

Seydoux, a sight for sore eyes ?

L%C3%A9a-Seydoux3.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Sigman's a smoke-show, and was a highlight in the pre-titles... She was an incredible flirt, very sexy and in control, a woman who knew this was going to end up back in her bedroom (she just wasn't prepared for what came next!)...

What caught me about this opening sequence, and still does is, I wonder how Bond picked her up? Because once we meet them, these two are certainly "popping" off the screen together-- it feels like the relationship is only hours old, but their attraction is immediate.

I certainly love her and DC-- to me the best, and most Bondian moments of the pre-titles in SP.
  • peter wrote: »
    Sigman's a smoke-show, and was a highlight in the pre-titles... She was an incredible flirt, very sexy and in control, a woman who knew this was going to end up back in her bedroom (she just wasn't prepared for what came next!)...

What caught me about this opening sequence, and still does is, I wonder how Bond picked her up? Because once we meet them, these two are certainly "popping" off the screen together-- it feels like the relationship is only hours old, but their attraction is immediate.

I certainly love her and DC-- to me the best, and most Bondian moments of the pre-titles in SP.

Sigman was a bloody cameo with only a quarter of a page of lines. No wait, two sentences. Should this be the standard for casting? I am going to blunt now: No. I hope we can try to be a little less sexist here, and judge all women on their acting skills foremost.
    Is this a Bond 24 or a Bond 25 thread ...?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Despite the ending of SP, I'd be surprised if Seydoux returned for Bond 25.
    All three SP girls were some of the finest of the series imo.
    Bellucci, Seydoux and Sigman were all stunning. Having seen them at the premiere I can attest that they look that good in real life as well. There's something about Seydoux that's very sexy. The French Bond girls often are.
    peter wrote: »

Sigman was a bloody cameo with only a quarter of a page of lines. No wait, two sentences. Should this be the standard for casting? I am going to blunt now: No. I hope we can try to be a little less sexist here, and judge all women on their acting skills foremost.

You're very PC aren't you. ? Which doesn't belong in bond films,imo.
    Seydoux's acting was horrible in SP.........imo.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

I thought Seydoux gave one of the better performances. Funny how we all see things differently.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 2,107
    When reach her age you will, not look good as she does, you will.

Mature like fine wine she does. The Force is strong with this one.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

I also didn't like her acting in SP. Sorry. She was the least charismatic Bond Girl in the Craig era, in my opinion. And to think I got excited when she was cast... She was terrific in Ghost Protocol.