Game of Thrones (2011 - 19)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yep something the Bond films need to get back to doing.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Yep something the Bond films need to get back to doing.

Yes, that escapism is sorely missed.
    Just watched episode 6! This episode was equal parts amazing and frankly upsetting.

At this point and so close to the end game im not too fussed who dies but...
    the dragons. It bothers me to see them hurt or get taken out. Seeing Drogon and Viserion swoop in and take out all those wyte walkers...glorious. John's badass status keeps going up and up with each episide
    Just watched episode 6! This episode was equal parts amazing and frankly upsetting.

At this point and so close to the end game im not too fussed who dies but...
    the dragons. It bothers me to see them hurt or get taken out. Seeing Drogon and Viserion swoop in and take out all those wyte walkers...glorious. John's badass status keeps going up and up with each episide

I feel exactly the same as your spoiler..
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Personally i'm loving it and was annoyed when the band of adventurers (all characters I love from the series as well ) trudged off into the wind,and the episode ended then,at that moment !!

I knew it would happen and me being annoyed is a good thing because it shows how much I look forward to seeing the next episode.

Brilliant stuff - I never want it to end !!!

Talk about epic team up!

As nice as it was it felt rushed and especially far too fanfic.

I have never read the books,been a former fan or anything else, so I just enjoy it for the epic it is ..

I only read the first two books, so I am not a fan, but I do feel that since it caught up with the books the series suffers in quality, particularly the dialogues. And like people said here, it seems now that they can teleport.

I'm just enjoying it as a visual beauty ,and incredible acting ....GOT is a masterpiece to me...I just feel myself 'there' with the characters.

Maybe i'm one of the lucky ones who just hangs onto the coat-tails of a genuine classic fantasy that I feel honoured to view ,it just absorbes me into it,my world doesn't exist when I watch it.

It does it's job and takes me away from a bad world in real life to a fantasy escape.

I enjoy it for what it is but part of what was great in the early seasons was how carefully crafted and believable it was. It's still very fun but the believability is sometimes lost.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,372
    Saw this online. A candid photo of HBO's security team:

eoldfq8og9gz.jpg

EDIT: It seems Season 8 filming will start around October, making September 2018 the earliest likely date for the final season to premiere:

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-8-filming-date/#premiere-date
    Well that episode was insane. Holy hell. It usually doesn't get much better than the penultimate episode of a season, but after the finale preview shown after the credits, I'm even more excited for that one.
    Insane indeed! Brilliant stuff!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Beyond the Wall was good though was irritated as some Youtuber revealed the end scene weeks ago via a bloody thumbnail picture.
    This show...fucking love it!

tumblr_ov2a0ue0mI1v1xflfo1_1280.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,105
    Wwowowowow just watched episode 6 having avoided all spoilers and articles/reviews.

Bloody hell what a hack and slay episode - absolutely brilliant.

And the ending - im speechless.
    Yeah the Night King is definitely planning on wrecking everyone's shit.

Also I've said it many times before and I'll keep on saying it : Ramin Djawadi MUST score a Bond film.

Also I've said it many times before and I'll keep on saying it : Ramin Djawadi MUST score a Bond film.

interesting thought..

Just rewatched episode 4 and 6 from season 7, third time watch for both everytime these episodes get me phenomenal TV.

The season finale is 1 hour 16 minutes run time awesome

He's incredible, would love to see him do a Bond movie. His score for 'Westworld' blew me away.
    The man knows how to create the perfect sound for immersive atmosphere and has done so repeatedly.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Wow wow wow wow wow wow Wow!

This season finale was incredible.

The meeting of all these characters who are either meeting for the first time it catching up in ages at dragon's pit.

The hound and Brienne talking about Arya

ARYA! Finally! That slimey git, little finger finally got his. What a moment to see him outsmarted (with Bran's help of course) and Arya slitting his throat clean. That was beyond satisfying.

Dani's entrance!

Cersi and Dani's outfits were amazing

#EpicBoatSex

The John reveal!

Viserion bringing down the wall!

Jamie leaving Cersi to join the North.

This episode had so many great and juicy moments. I'm very satisfied with this season finale but a 2 year wait for season 8...that's criminal! I'm gonna rewatch this season finale again and then rewatch all the seasons starting from next weekend.
    Game of Thrones just destroyed my mind holy hell on Westeros

The tension was at maximum
    At last that slime ball gets there comeuppance
    Excellent extended episode. Just wish it could've lasted a full two hours, is all.

I must say, I don't have any problems with the dialogue in Season 6 or with this current season, which has gone beyond George RR Martin's books. It's not something anyone has brought up in my circle, or even noticed for that matter. Granted, the quick zipping about the seas and rough terrains has been greatly sped up for the condensed S7, but apart from that, I honestly don't have too many complaints (if I can call that a complaint to begin with?)
    The dialogue/writing overall is something that's noticeably weaker since season 4 but it's not terrible; it's still generally good. I thought the private meeting scene between Cersi and Tyrion this episide was brilliant and a return to the top form of early seasons' Tyrion.

Also, the music. Just phenomenal.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    It was an amazing final! I don't mind the sped up traveling at all. It would take many episodes to finally get to where they need to go and we don't need to watch people traveling long distances.
    My only complaint, and it's only a slight one, is the Daney and Jon romance was a bit quick. We all knew it was going that direction but it was forced a bit too soon. Other than that I'm completely happy with it.

I just heard that the final season won't be out for another two years! Is this true??? I thought it was coming out next September.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,372
    Good episode but I feel there have been some stronger ones we've received in the past. Could've been much better I felt for an 81 minute season finale (the last season finale we'll have in the series, sadly), but still, some solid developments all around. The Hound and The Mountain coming face-to-face after all these years was a highlight for me, and I can only hope the infamous Cleganebowl will greet us in season eight.

@QsAssistant, from what I've read, the scripts are finished, they're in the midst of storyboarding now (or just finished it), and they should start shooting in October. It's still plausible that the final season will premiere around this time next year, but it's still up in the air.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Just watched the final GOT7:

wowowowowowow that finale was immense...the dragonpit meet was incredible,nearly all the characters in one place for the 1st (and possibly last) time.

I cant fault this jewel in the crown of fantasy ....I hope Jamie makes it,he is being chased but is a tough warrior.

And the ending...i know spoiler alert but you shouldnt be in this thread if you havent watched it,but i wont say anything but ...big trouble ahead.

Note to self #1 :
    Buy adult nappies/diapers for series 8 as you may shit yourself unexpectedly due to the awesomeness of GOT8.

Note to self #2: I am so glad the cuckoo in the nest got his due rewards ,Lord ****** .
    WAAY overdue.

I am going to miss this so much when it is finally over.......
    Was incredibly refreshing seeing a bumbling, crying Littlefinger begging for his life.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Was incredibly refreshing seeing a bumbling, crying Littlefinger begging for his life.

Hahahaha theres me covering up the spoliers @Creasy47 you wally !!

I think we already answered the "spoiler" question a few pages back - they're rampant on the thread now, but to be fair, anyone who has never seen the show is begging for spoilers entering one way or another!
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339

I think we already answered the "spoiler" question a few pages back - they're rampant on the thread now, but to be fair, anyone who has never seen the show is begging for spoilers entering one way or another!

Thats why i never go on here until i have seen the episode...i love it toooooooo much for spoilers,just like Bond !

As for Littlefinger,he just didnt know when to stop and thought he was invincible,especially with Lord Snow in the South....got that one wrong...
    That's the best thing to do, for sure.

I do find an odd divide amongst the development, though. Last episode, it had seemed Littlefinger played Arya and Sansa and pitted them against one another expertly, but in this, they magically saw through his lies with no interactions regarding it and executed him? Just seemed like an odd development to me.