Archer (2009 - present)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @MajorDSmythe, do you not have Archer on the UK Netflix?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

It is, but I believe he's more of a DVD/blu-ray collector. There are several shows on streaming sites I subscribe to that I prefer to own on blu-ray: better native quality, no streaming issues, no worries about losing out on the show's entertainment if my subscription ends, etc.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It is, but I believe he's more of a DVD/blu-ray collector. There are several shows on streaming sites I subscribe to that I prefer to own on blu-ray: better native quality, no streaming issues, no worries about losing out on the show's entertainment if my subscription ends, etc.

I assumed as much, but if I was in the same situation and wanted to see a show enough I'd jump on the chance.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

In a nutshell, this.
    I truly respect your traditionalist outlook, @MajorDSmythe. I had to grow up using all forms of technology for school, but it's never felt natural to me. Sometimes as I look at other 20-somethings around me (like all of college for me) I stare at their phones and gizmos like a hundred year old would. It just feels so weird and so wrong.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Don't get me wrong, I can see some of the benefits of digital storage (storage space being the main one). But whether it is films or games, I like having my collection, in physical form, on a shelf, so I can run my finger along the shelf and pick one out.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited April 2017 Posts: 9,020
    Naturally I am an Archer fan since years, after all he was molded after me.

full.jpg

The only way to watch Archer is on Blu-ray of course.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Don't get me wrong, I can see some of the benefits of digital storage (storage space being the main one). But whether it is films or games, I like having my collection, in physical form, on a shelf, so I can run my finger along the shelf and pick one out.

Absolutely, @MajorDSmythe. One of the drawbacks of digital purchases is that you never actually feel like you're buying something. Going out and getting a physical game, album, film or TV series feels like you're investing in a tangible, present thing. You get the same result going out and getting it or by going digital, with digital releases often being better deals, but with the latter an important feeling of accomplishment and attainment is lost.
    Naturally I am an Archer fan since years, after all he was molded after me.

full.jpg

The only way to watch Archer is on Blu-ray of course.

@BondJasonBond006, so that's where Archer gets all his dirty humor from. It all makes sense now.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    And when are we getting season 8?? I know there are ways and means, but I am lazy and incompetent and just want it to appear on my Netflix.

Eat a bag of d*cks, lack of UK release date!
    e769b30432914269bc3170b90fc1160f.png
    0DDD84A3-C490-94C4-3C19C8F10362E012.jpg

Cavilll should play Archer if there's a live action movie about it...he even looks like him with the moustache!
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    And when are we getting season 8?? I know there are ways and means, but I am lazy and incompetent and just want it to appear on my Netflix.

Eat a bag of d*cks, lack of UK release date!

If that's the new season, it won't be for a long while. Not sure just how different Netflix US and Netflix UK are, but the former doesn't get the latest seasons until a few weeks before the next season premieres/the latest season is available on digital/DVD/blu-ray.
    He actually looks dashing. Hard to do with a look like that!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    If there's anyone who should play a live action Archer, that's undoubtedly Jeffrey Donovan. Just watch him in Burn Notice, you'll see what I mean. ;)

michael_3.jpg?itok=bNJpcsQu

Archer-James-Bond.jpg
    The actor would need to be able to really deliver on the camp and frivolity. I like Donovan, but after seeing him as a very purposefully stiff and stern spy for so long, I don't know if he'd be the right fit. I could be surprised by his humor, if I saw him in such a role, however, just like I think Daniel Craig is hilarious despite being a somewhat serious Bond.
    I thought Donovan was great with the humour during the first five seasons of Burn Notice.
    @ClarkDevlin

Spot on, Burn Notice is great and Donovan would be perfect as Archer, I thought so myself continuously when watching BN.

Ok, no one even comes close compared to me naturally. But then I'm not an actor...my measurements and IQ would fit the bill though :P
    You should guide him through, @BondJasonBond006. ;)
    Come to think of it, the relationship Michael has with his mother in Burn Notice isn't dissimilar to the somewhat awkward, snarky comedy and very weathered one Mallory and Archer have in the show.

I could also see Donovan shouting, "Phrasing!" pretty convincingly.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I friggin' love this show. Just finished binge-watching this show up to season 7 (been watching it on and off for a couple of years).
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Season 8 is quite different but it's a nice addition if you like film noir.
    Couldn't resist ordering this T-shirt:

http://www.teefury.com/spy-fiction-1
    I've been on a huge Archer kick lately. Rewatching the series yet again.

GoldenGun wrote: »
    Season 8 is quite different but it's a nice addition if you like film noir.
    The noir thing is nice and all, but the scripts are bad. Humourless and do little to nothing to entertain, in my opinion. I hardly laughed, if at all.

@Creasy47, I was watching the show when that original episode aired, and knew I was seeing something special. Tears of laughter.

@Creasy47, I was watching the show when that original episode aired, and knew I was seeing something special. Tears of laughter.

Same. They all blend together eventually, but I'm pretty sure I caught up to season five when they were live and new, before I randomly stopped and it took me years to come back and get all caught up again. Forgot just how hilarious the show is, with so many obscure references.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
    I am just glad this show about me is getting to a 10 years run.

Swiss Miss remains my favourite episode. And Diversity Hire.

They should rehire you as a consultant to make them get the facts about you right. ;)

They should rehire you as a consultant to make them get the facts about you right. ;)

Yes, the animated Jason....Archer isn't good looking enough. And doesn't get enough sex.
    His big.........heart they got right though.
    Found this at random online, got a chuckle, and thought you all would enjoy it:
    44qCuFX.png
    NICE. I will never get tired of Archer/Bond.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/n2vivaria/archerbond/