Game of Thrones (2011 - 19)

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited August 2017 Posts: 4,012
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Sandy, no, Jon's was. As they go further down the steps, Davos says something to the effect of "Speaking of 'great hearts,' Missandei of Naath."

Go watch it again ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,368
    I'm lost - that's exactly what he said (well "good,' not "great," but still).

EDIT: Eight new photos have been released from Sunday's episode five:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/09/game-of-thrones-eastwatch-photos-show-daenerys-and-jon-snow-reunion
    @Creasy47 I obviously misunderstood what you said, sorry. Still a fun moment.
    @Sandy, no worries! A fun moment, indeed. Can't wait for this next episode.
    What do you guys think of the beginning of attraction between Jon and Daenarys? Plausible?
    Ludovico wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the beginning of attraction between Jon and Daenarys? Plausible?

I'm buying it so far. It does feel a bit rushed since there's been so few episodes, yet they move by very quickly, so I guess he's been there for several weeks, if not months already.

I think so, they have chemistry together . It's a shame the season is so "compressed". The lack of book material is really felt in these things, GRRM is a master in making relationships between characters feel visceral.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Magnifcent tension towards the end. Also loved the fact that the battle was told from Jamie and Bronn's point of view. The quality of the dialogue has definetly dipped since the series passed the books, but it still knows how to grip this viewer.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Got some great stuff this episode!

tumblr_ounwawPSxN1vxegx4o1_1280.jpg
    Great stuff but too many things are rushed.
    I understand what you're saying. It does feel things are moving almost at breakneck speed but I guess after the years of build up and with things being imminent, the pace of things are moving with expediency.
    On one hand, it's refreshing just how fast the pacing is, but on the other hand, it's almost jarring and feels a bit rushed with just how fast it's all moving. It took Jon a couple of episodes to reach the Wall in the first season, and now Davos is rowing to King's Landing and back from Dragonsreach, then traveling all the way to Eastwatch in just one single episode.
    I keep picturing what the show would be like (and how many seasons we may have left) if GRRM was caught up with his novels and they were 100% following the source material.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    On one hand, it's refreshing just how fast the pacing is, but on the other hand, it's almost jarring and feels a bit rushed with just how fast it's all moving. It took Jon a couple of episodes to reach the Wall in the first season, and now Davos is rowing to King's Landing and back from Dragonsreach, then traveling all the way to Eastwatch in just one single episode.

YEs, in the earlier seasons it would take a long time to traverse territories. Now it seems like they teleport.

Haha! Yes, the whole teleportation was something I noticed towards the end of season 6 ex: Varis
    My only other issue with Sunday's episode was the ridiculousness of Jon's plan: his plan now is to take everyone, travel all the way to Eastwatch, travel out into the cruel North and not only evade but successfully capture a White Walker, whilst dodging the Night King and his massive army, just to turn around, transport that White Walker all the way back to King's Landing without it killing them, enter, convince Cersei (easily the most ridiculous part) that the real enemy is to the North, get her to agree, AND escape King's Landing without her betraying and killing them, just for them to return North once again and fight the army of the dead.

That's a stretch, but given how fast this season is moving, they may be done with this by the end of the penultimate episode, if not the finale.
    I agree, the plan seemed cheesy and an excuse to send that ragtag group (which I do like) on a quest.

The final shot of them walking into the harsh snow was a good one, but yes, very cheesy, convoluted, and impossible plan.
    I agree, the plan seemed cheesy and an excuse to send that ragtag group (which I do like) on a quest.

The final shot of them walking into the harsh snow was a good one, but yes, very cheesy, convoluted, and impossible plan.

Yes that shot for me was like watching our player characters in a D&Dr game. The very plan seems to be taken from the game. And Daenarys did not need much convincing.
    Personally i'm loving it and was annoyed when the band of adventurers (all characters I love from the series as well ) trudged off into the wind,and the episode ended then,at that moment !!

I knew it would happen and me being annoyed is a good thing because it shows how much I look forward to seeing the next episode.

Brilliant stuff - I never want it to end !!!
    Can Gendry become the new head of House Baratheon?
    Beware of spoilers, as HBO Spain somehow managed to air Episode Six last night accidentally in full, so spoilers and copies are all across the Internet now. Tread lightly until Sunday.
    I'm avoiding anything GOT this week.
    You are mad if you watch a leak or want spoilers - its worth waiting for !!
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,368
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I'm avoiding anything GOT this week.
    You are mad if you watch a leak or want spoilers - its worth waiting for !!

Right? Only two episodes left, it's best to wait.

EDIT: First images from S7E6:

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-6-images/#white-walkers
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Personally i'm loving it and was annoyed when the band of adventurers (all characters I love from the series as well ) trudged off into the wind,and the episode ended then,at that moment !!

I knew it would happen and me being annoyed is a good thing because it shows how much I look forward to seeing the next episode.

Talk about epic team up!
    Want to go out and catch us a live white walker?

b0d031656615fec638c280ebaef3d135--fuzz-rory-mccann.jpg

Talk about epic team up!

As nice as it was it felt rushed and especially far too fanfic.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Talk about epic team up!

True though with two episodes left they have little option, the show is in fan fiction alot now though I enjoyed the dialogue in the cell before they departed.

Talk about epic team up!

I have never read the books,been a former fan or anything else, so I just enjoy it for the epic it is ..

Talk about epic team up!

I have never read the books,been a former fan or anything else, so I just enjoy it for the epic it is ..

I only read the first two books, so I am not a fan, but I do feel that since it caught up with the books the series suffers in quality, particularly the dialogues. And like people said here, it seems now that they can teleport.

Talk about epic team up!

I only read the first two books, so I am not a fan, but I do feel that since it caught up with the books the series suffers in quality, particularly the dialogues. And like people said here, it seems now that they can teleport.

When Jon reached the wall it did skip a very long journey from the South, that did cross my mind.

Talk about epic team up!

I'm just enjoying it as a visual beauty ,and incredible acting ....GOT is a masterpiece to me...I just feel myself 'there' with the characters.

Maybe i'm one of the lucky ones who just hangs onto the coat-tails of a genuine classic fantasy that I feel honoured to view ,it just absorbes me into it,my world doesn't exist when I watch it.

It does it's job and takes me away from a bad world in real life to a fantasy escape.