No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Bounine wrote: »
    "Daniel Craig will become the longest serving James Bond actor when Bond 25 is released in cinemas. On the day of the US release, he will have been 007 for 5,139+ days, pipping the late Sir Roger Moore's 5,118 days in the role."

I don't really think that these stats are anything to write home about. Roger Moore may have been Bond for a shorter time but he did 7 films within his tenure.

Moore didn't even do half the stuntwork that DC has done. Just sayin'.

ColonelSun wrote: »
    Money down Blofeld will be back. I cannot see them leaving that character hanging and without a payoff after SP - and also because this is Craig's final Bond to complete his arc.
    Since Blofeld was defeated and captured at the end of SP, they could very easily ignore his character completely. On the other hand, it would be much more difficult to ignore Madeleine. Blofeld in Spectre was an awful character, his return (and the return of Waltz) would only drag Bond 26 down and I think (or at least I hope) both Craig and the producers know it.

As I say, my money is on Blofeld being in the mix, perhaps not up front, but he won't be ignored.

I'd put my money on that as well.

A guess: Blofeld cameo and main adversary a field commander a la Largo or Dr No. Blofeld escapes midway like Hannibal Lekter (spelling?) only to show up as a foreboding presence near the end. I think they'll want the character to survive for the next Bond actor(s).
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Money down Blofeld will be back. I cannot see them leaving that character hanging and without a payoff after SP - and also because this is Craig's final Bond to complete his arc.
    Since Blofeld was defeated and captured at the end of SP, they could very easily ignore his character completely. On the other hand, it would be much more difficult to ignore Madeleine. Blofeld in Spectre was an awful character, his return (and the return of Waltz) would only drag Bond 26 down and I think (or at least I hope) both Craig and the producers know it.

As I say, my money is on Blofeld being in the mix, perhaps not up front, but he won't be ignored.

I'd put my money on that as well.

A guess: Blofeld cameo and main adversary a field commander a la Largo or Dr No. Blofeld escapes midway like Hannibal Lekter (spelling?) only to show up as a foreboding presence near the end. I think they'll want the character to survive for the next Bond actor(s).

I think we might also see Irma Bunt this time. A very dangerous lady along the lines of Rosa Klebb would be fun for Craig's Bond to deal with.

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Cast Predictions?

Craig - Bond
    Fiennes - M
    Wishaw - Q
    Harris - MP
    Kinnear - Tanner
    Wright - Felix
    Seydoux - Swann (Psycho Janet Leigh-easque cameo gone in PTS)
    Bautista - Hinx
    Waltz - ESB (Reckon he would like another shot it now Dan is returning)
    Tilda Swinton - Brunt?
    Delevingne - Bond Girl

I can honestly see a rework of OHMSS. I think it will beg, steal and borrow from the source but the Villain plot, location will change.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Delevingne - Bond Girl
    This is going from bad to worse I'm afraid.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Delevingne - Bond Girl
    This is going from bad to worse I'm afraid.

A lot of rumours about this, no doubt she 100% has the looks.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I haven't seen the video, but all that was confirmed last night was that Craig is returning for one more, yeah? Works for me - I love how definitive it all is. We can now discuss B25 knowing who still star, and then we can kickstart discussions on who will definitely play the next Bond. Refreshing.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Now that the million dollar question is answered. Will It really take 2 years for a final product? Can't they bang out a script, find a capable director and cast to start filming early next year?
    Now that the million dollar question is answered. Will It really take 2 years for a final product? Can't they bang out a script, find a capable director and cast to start filming early next year?

Managed to get Mendes, hire Logan, get Skyfall written in a similar time frame, no doubt a year of work on background prep has already gone in to this. Also one of the perks of having Dan back is that so many directors want to work with him, as well as other top actors/actresses. He is a good pull.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I haven't seen the video, but all that was confirmed last night was that Craig is returning for one more, yeah?
    Yes, that's all that was said. That and his thoughts that it would be his last. Very unusual, and perhaps he was told to just let it out to shut down speculation and talk for the time being. After all, there have been very few articles on the distributor or even the director. The obsession has been about the actor. Now everyone can focus on his little pic called Logan Lucky and the other Indie thing called Kings.

They'd have to be deep into pre-production by now to even come close for an early 2018 shoot date.

What is Craig up to for the next six to eight months anyway? Isn't there enough time for another film?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

They'd have to be deep into pre-production by now to even come close for an early 2018 shoot date.

So it seems like they've been dragging their feet in that regards considering that everything revolved around Craig coming back
    Delayed Purity, I suspect he will do his usual, go off to somewhere like New Zealand, hit the gym, climb mountains and be ready for rehearsals and filming. Now Craig has spoken, I think EON may give us something more official in the next few months.
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    Cara Delevigne would be a terrible choice. She is a model, not an actress.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Delayed Purity, I suspect he will do his usual, go off to somewhere like New Zealand, hit the gym, climb mountains and be ready for rehearsals and filming. Now Craig has spoken, I think EON may give us something more official in the next few months.
    Yes. Eon have been rather quiet except for announcing a release date 2+ years away (which is their standard modus operandi anyway). I look forward to some concrete data on this film from them once everything is finalized (at least I want to know who the distributor and director are, as presumably the former is 'locked').

So it seems like they've been dragging their feet in that regards considering that everything revolved around Craig coming back

What's good about this, now that Eon have Craig, is the writers know exactly who they are writing for, which will make a big difference in terms of the tone and the story and other characters within the established Craig Bond universe, like possibly bringing back Wright's Felix for example. They now have time to really work that script and get it razor sharp. Believe me, they won't be dragging their feet.
    Yes. Eon have been rather quiet except for announcing a release dates 2+ years away (which is their standard modus operandi anyway). I look forward to some concrete data on this film from them once everything is finalized (at least I want to know who the distributor and director are, as presumably the former is 'locked').

I think everything points to EON/MGM/Sony coming to a 1 movie contract, look at a more permanent home post Craig Era. This was rumoured but seems only logical rumour.
    What is Craig up to for the next six to eight months anyway? Isn't there enough time for another film?

No way.
    He will focus on Bond now.
    He needs to get fit properly again,that is a big regime that he insists on.

Also he will chill out so he is fresh when shooting starts,plus im sure he will be co-producer again,so he will be involved in all aspects.

Once he commits to a Bond film everything else goes out the window.
    That's another thing I admire about him,he puts everything he has into Bond.

But he will need to rest a lot as well,as I said.

Yes. Eon have been rather quiet except for announcing a release dates 2+ years away (which is their standard modus operandi anyway). I look forward to some concrete data on this film from them once everything is finalized (at least I want to know who the distributor and director are, as presumably the former is 'locked').

I think everything points to EON/MGM/Sony coming to a 1 movie contract, look at a more permanent home post Craig Era. This was rumoured but seems only logical rumour.
    That makes sense actually.

I just don't understand why MGM hasn't made the announcement yet. After all, the distributor is for MGM films, and not just Bond (according to Michael Wilson). It's their announcement to make and they didn't do it on the conference call.

I just don't understand why MGM hasn't made the announcement yet. After all, the distributor is for MGM films, and not just Bond (according to Michael Wilson). It's their announcement to make and they didn't do it on the conference call.

I think its leaning heavily towards Warner Bros getting the Golden Bond chalice from BOND 26.
    Which is fine by me.

Possibly at EON's request. They don't have a movie to announce until certain aspects are ticked off. We've now had EON speak, Craig speak. I suspect next but of news may come on their next conference call.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 2,138
    These are exciting times gentleman. Craig's comments that he wants to go out o a high last night, seems to accept Spectre's ending just wasn't it. I have no doubts the concept of the story is down and he is privy to it. he seemed excited.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Dan is a very clever man..
    He knew the tabloids tore into him over 'that' comment ,so he has just got his own back.
    Something his alter-ego Mr Bond might well have done.

bond-craig-647_040517025027.jpg

It's really a shame he didn't look like that more often!
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 613
    TripAces wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    "Daniel Craig will become the longest serving James Bond actor when Bond 25 is released in cinemas. On the day of the US release, he will have been 007 for 5,139+ days, pipping the late Sir Roger Moore's 5,118 days in the role."

I don't really think that these stats are anything to write home about. Roger Moore may have been Bond for a shorter time but he did 7 films within his tenure.

Moore didn't even do half the stuntwork that DC has done. Just sayin'.

Don't kid yourself -- Craig is doubled all over the place. The difference now is that we have to see Craig's head badly CGI-ed onto a stuntman's body. Have you seen the motorcycle chase at the beginning of SKYFALL recently? It has not held up well for that very reason.

Yeah, the "longest serving" thing really bothers me. It should read "longest serving thanks to huge gaps because EON couldn't get its act together and keep a consistent schedule. And, oh yes, Sir Roger still did more films."
    I don't count the days, I count the number of films. Moore's tenure is still the longest, in my book.

Managed to get Mendes, hire Logan, get Skyfall written in a similar time frame ...

A mean chill is running down my spine. You really know, how to frighten people, I have to give you that.
    Happy DC is returning, but because Perverse and Weird will write, my optimism is cautious at best. These guys, minimally talented at their peak, are played out, which was painfully obvious in SP. The real hope is that a third writer will be tapped, and that P&W will only apply a bit of polish. We shall see.
    "I Never Left...."

wpid-danielcraig.jpg
    Happy DC is returning, but because Perverse and Weird will write, my optimism is cautious at best. These guys, minimally talented at their peak, are played out, which was painfully obvious in SP. The real hope is that a third writer will be tapped, and that P&W will only apply a bit of polish. We shall see.

Can't get much worse than SP - who knows, maybe a long hiatus has been a refresher and they manage to come up with something truly outstanding for Craig's swan song.