No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Thanks for that @Cowley; so much obsession over his "other" comment, it's nice to read of some of his positive thoughts on the character.

And yes, he does "get" Bond.

I sincerely hope whomever is the director takes us back to the tone of CR where salty Craig best thrives (no matter his age, IMHO).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I do agree that it was a poor decision on Craig's part to say that, regardless of what the question was, but articles and websites still picking at that quote years on is ridiculous. It was obviously a heat-of-the-moment statement.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I do agree that it was a poor decision on Craig's part to say that, regardless of what the question was, but articles and websites still picking at that quote years on is ridiculous. It was obviously a heat-of-the-moment statement.

It's manna from heaven for click-bait journalism sadly.

Although in fairness it is similar here in which there is more mileage to speculate on Craig's departure and his possible replacement, not much to say on 'oh yes he's doing another on'. I would like another Craig film though. I found plenty to like in SPECTRE but yes it had a terrible final act and has left us in a quandry as to how it can continue.

I think I kept that very interview because I thought Craig's take on the character was commendable. Brosnan tends to talk about Bond in a 'he's cool' mentality as opposed to the brutal reality of an agent which Craig picks up on.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    @Cowley, thanks for the post. Yes, what he mentions is how I see Bond. I think it's there in a lot of the films. The 'one against many' anyway. The only difference is they didn't delve into the inner conflict before. A little less of that going forward would be my preference, or at least a different interpretation of it.

I think he definitely wants to go on. That much is clear from other interviews around the SP time where he is grilled on it. They are on youtube.

Regarding the 'comment': I'm sick of seeing it, but it will be there until B25's release two years from now most likely. I even saw it mentioned in an article today. EON will have to live with it.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    *After wrist-slashing comment*

Barbara: "Very funny."

Craig: "Look, if the press release this, they knew well what I meant and that it's wasn't serious. Which means they've decided to trash me anyway. So they're either desperate for clicks or overly confident I won't care, but either way, that tells me something about them. And all they get in return is a statement they already wanted to hear."

Barbara: "And now they know something about you; they know you're reckless."

:p
    I think Eon are not going to make a statement anytime soon until they have selected their Director? I think their may well be a pre-condition to DC doing interviews for Logan Lucky. Although I will happily be proven wrong Eon?!!!
    I'm sorry, but Logan Lucky is chump change compared to Bond.

MGM and the so far clandestine distributor probably won't want their moment spoiled until they're ready to announce on their terms whenever that may be.

They don't have to do it for quite a while, given B25 is more than two years away (surreal when one thinks about it).
  • re: mechanics of Late Show interview.

Typically, the show is taped the same day. I believe the taping begins at 5:30 pm New York Time for a broadcast starting at 11:35 pm NY time.

Hypothetically, if Craig confirms he's coming back for Bond 25 during the taping, I would expect stories to occur shortly thereafter. But we'll see.
    Of course he's going to be asked about Bond! In what parallel universe is he not going to be asked whether he's coming back.

He will probably give a bit of an evasive answer and say they're talking about it but nothing's been confirmed. Or who knows he might just come out and say he's doing B25.

Regardless, he will be asked.
    Still it could be a precondition for coming at all not to be asked. I guess that's not the first time things like that happen. I also never have heard anyone asking Bill Clinton how Monica Lewinsky is doing these days when he is in a talk show.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,423
    You're talking about a whole different thing and making comparisons with apples and oranges. That thing you speak of is purely a political subject that was scandalous and an insult, which surely you can't positively achieve without creating a rival faction and a certain protest, these days.

Bond isn't a political offender but an entertainment. He's not out there to tick boxes of touchy subjects to trigger people. So yes, Craig will be asked about Bond whenever and wherever he makes appearances. It is his most iconic role. Every Bond actor gets asked about it.
    Well, we'll see.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Sony has announced their upcoming releases for 2018 and 2019. No news on Bond:

http://theplaylist.net/sicario-sequel-spider-man-spin-off-release-dates-20170811/
    Interesting. So they've probably lost it. Rumour has it that it's Warner. What do people think about that? Their track record hasn't been all that great with franchises of late either.
    I recommend everyone keep an eye on Reed Morano's Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/reedmorano/

There are a lot of interesting nuggets coming out about The Rhythm Section. Including mention that Sean Bobbit is the DP and that she is scouting locations with, none other than, Gregg Wilson....

Surely we can park the rumours of EON selling Bond, as Greg must be the heir apparent?
    bondjames wrote: »
    Interesting. So they've probably lost it. Rumour has it that it's Warner. What do people think about that? Their track record hasn't been all that great with franchises of late either.

they've got the best marketing machine outside of Disney.

They are honestly the best home for Bond if Sony's out.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Not to mention Nolan will definitely direct a Bond film if that happens.
    Nolan will definitely direct a Bond film no matter which company will end up replacing Sony.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I recommend everyone keep an eye on Reed Morano's Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/reedmorano/

There are a lot of interesting nuggets coming out about The Rhythm Section. Including mention that Sean Bobbit is the DP and that she is scouting locations with, none other than, Gregg Wilson....

Surely we can park the rumours of EON selling Bond, as Greg must be the heir apparent?

God help us.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    I get the feeling the next two years (or at least the next six to eight months) are going to be torture while we await some clarity.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Don't forget the only official info on Bond 25 there is is P and W writing a script and a release date. It's not like things couldn't change completely, happens all the time.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I get the feeling the next two years (or at least the next six to eight months) are going to be torture while we await some clarity.

If you are referring to all the whining that follows, I agree.

If you are referring to all the whining that follows, I agree.
    That's only going to kick in at this point if it's not Craig imho, given recent rumours have all but confirmed him (and for possibly two). Will be interesting to see what happens.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Interesting news concerning P&W. They will write this film now or soon after B25, does that mean that they have done enough work on B25 to start lining up the future?

http://jamesbond007.se/eng/nyheter/i_am_victor_neal_purvis_robert_wade

But of course we now that they have been attached to quite a few projects without it coming to fruition.
    P+W can bang out a quality Bond script in 24 hrs.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    MrBond wrote: »
    Interesting news concerning P&W. They will write this film now or soon after B25, does that mean that they have done enough work on B25 to start lining up the future?

http://jamesbond007.se/eng/nyheter/i_am_victor_neal_purvis_robert_wade

But of course we now that they have been attached to quite a few projects without it coming to fruition.

They could work on both at the same time.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Almost as good as Smith, who apparently can bang out an Oscar winner in under 30 minutes.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

After they've written the script what do they spend the other 23hrs 59mins doing?

After they've written the script what do they spend the other 23hrs 59mins doing?
    Some quality time that inspired the scene between Silva and Bond on their first meeting. ;)