No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Ok, thanks. I couldn't remember and am just trying to infer what their modus operandi is on these matters.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I have a question. How did they announce Brosnan's departure? Was it concurrently with the announcement of Craig or was there a gap? Did Brosnan let it out or was it EON? Just curious.

Brosnan himself announced it on his website
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Okay so, im in the middle of reading the CR script. Its quite fun to notice both the small and big differences, however, something that I did notice is that a fair amount of dialogue, that sounds shitty( like spectre dialogue) didnt make it into the film. Probably because the director on set said he didnt like the line or something. So perhaps the dialogue in spectre is a prodcut of P and W as well as mendes not vetoing it on set.
  • KuzcoKuzco france
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Kuzco wrote: »
    Regarding the interview, Craig will likely have some prepared (generalized) answers about B25 so any microexpression experts out there could be of help. :D

For me, this interview has 2 options:
    Either Craig actually reveals that he will return and everyone will applaud on the set.
    Or there will be no question because Colbert will have received instructions thereon.

One thing is certain, I see very bad craig announce on a tv show that it leaves James Bond, it would be weird. Either we will have positives answers on his return or he will say nothing.

I think you're right. And if Colbert doesn't mention Bond, then we can be pretty certain that, as you suggest, instructions have prevented such questions - and that means Eon etc. want the news to be officially revealed by them and by no one else.

How would Colbert even introduce Craig without mentioning Bond? SF and SP are the most recent films he's been in, anything else is far too long ago and likely not that well known in the US.[/quote
    He will talk about Bond in general in intro, but not necessarily Bond 25
    TBH I hope the Craig 2 more films rumor is true. I am actually someone who wants the Blofeld story to continue and end properly. Have Bond 25 countine the Blofeld storyline where Madeline ends up getting killed at the end. Than Bond 26 in 2022 for the 60th Anniversary have it be a true adaptation of YOLT where the Blofeld story comes to a close. The only thing I don't see them doing if they truly adapt YOLT is Bond getting amnesia at the end.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    TBH I hope the Craig 2 more films rumor is true. I am actually someone who wants the Blofeld story to continue and end properly. Have Bond 25 countine the Blofeld storyline where Madeline ends up getting killed at the end. Than Bond 26 in 2022 for the 60th Anniversary have it be a true adaptation of YOLT where the Blofeld story comes to a close. The only thing I don't see them doing if they truly adapt YOLT is Bond getting amnesia at the end.

+1
    TBH I just see Stephan Colbert not talking about Bond at all and just baiting Craig to say something bad about Trump.
    Getafix wrote: »
    DAD is total dreck from start to finish. Conneryesque? Pull the other one! Having said that, it's still better than TWINE, which I agree is the worst of the lot, mainly by virtue of being soul crushingly dull.

To mention SP in the same breath as either of these Brosnan era abominations is utterly absurd.

I personally can't stand SF but even I can recognise it's still infinitely superior to any of the Brosnan films. Different league entirely.

There's a much needed dose of common sense and reality needed round here right now. Peoples minds are getting addled by all the frustration and waiting.

When people start claiming DAD is superior to SP you really know the world's gone mad.

@Getafix hear hear

Hear, hear, hear.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,756
    Craig will be asked about Bond.
  • KuzcoKuzco france
    Craig will be asked about Bond.
    It is very probable but not certain
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll be shocked if after all this time (particularly given the recent B25 announcement) they don't bring up Bond once.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Could it be that EON make the announcement before the interview?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    ggl007 wrote: »

Strategically that would be wise, however it's not in EON's nature to be forthright.

I feel like all the press and marketing would go away from 'Logan Lucky' and turn into a B25 questionnaire, which they may want to avoid.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Maybe they want to let the star have his day? Let him make the announcement that he's back for at least one more?

I do find it hard to believe that the incumbent Bond won't be asked about his most famous role.

If nothing is mentioned, I'd have to believe he isn't Bond any longer.

However, I strongly believe: where there's smoke, there's fire, and right now DC's surrounded on all sides.
    I suppose we'll find out in four days time. Hopefully someone is kind enough to update the thread accordingly for those who can't watch it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Craig asked EON not to announce he is coming back yet until after the Lucky Logan press tour. Cause if they did then that's all he would be asked is about Bond and not Lucky Logan
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I don't think if it's positive that he will be allowed to say so affirmatively on Colbert. They said that announcements will be made at a later date and I believe them. Anything concerning Bond 25 will be done in a concerted and official fashion.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Craig asked EON not to announce he is coming back yet until after the Lucky Logan press tour. Cause if they did then that's all he would be asked is about Bond and not Lucky Logan

But given the announcement of B25, he's going to be asked about it, anyway. I doubt the entire press tour will encompass a discussion on 'Logan Lucky' and nothing else.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 5,185
    A couple month ago Colbert asked David Oyelowo whether Craig will be back for 25 as if David's an authority on that matter. I doubt he will pass up the chance to ask the man himself
    00Agent wrote: »
    A couple month ago Colbert asked David Oyelowo whether Craig will be back for 25 as if David's an authority on that matter. I doubt he will pass up the chance to ask the man himself

The Craig smirk will light up this thread for months to come, I'm sure of it.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 12,837
    I have a question. How did they announce Brosnan's departure? Was it concurrently with the announcement of Craig or was there a gap? Did Brosnan let it out or was it EON? Just curious.

Brosnan himself announced it on his website

What's interesting about that though is how close it seemed they were to going back on it. There were lots of rumours, Brosnan said that Sony wanted him back but that it was up to EON, this very site posted an exclusive that Brosnan would be back after all and this was after CR and the release date had already been announced. I think that if it weren't for Barbara and MGW putting their feet down we would have had Brosnan back since he was the safer choice. But really it just goes to show how up in the air it all is. I'm sure there were plenty back then who thought Brosnan's back, it's just a matter of time, etc.

Having said that my money is on Craig. At least in 2005 they had a few decent seeming candidates where you could think okay, that makes sense. But noone has stuck out to me from the recent rumoured names. There are a few actors who I think would be good, but for one reason or another I can't seem them getting it. Right now Craig returning just seems like the most believeable choice.
    Well we know with some certainty that Babs favours Craig. What others think is not known to us at present (although I'd love to know).

So given she's the one who makes the call ("it's not a democracy" according to Mendes), Craig is a shoo-in.

EDIT: I really wonder if there has been some tension and politics behind the scenes. Something tells me there has been.
    Well we know with some certainty that Babs favours Craig. What others think is not known to us at present (although I'd love to know).

So given she's the one who makes the call ("it's not a democracy" according to Mendes), Craig is a shoo-in.

Absolutely. And maybe its for the best.
  • KuzcoKuzco france
    I don't think if it's positive that he will be allowed to say so affirmatively on Colbert. They said that announcements will be made at a later date and I believe them. Anything concerning Bond 25 will be done in a concerted and official fashion.

it exactly what i think , this will be official and not revealed on tv show.
    Kuzco wrote: »

it exactly what i think , this will be official and not revealed on tv show.
    The real fun will be seeing how they brush it off. I'm assuming the question must come up (the audience will expect it), and he will need some prepared 'deflect' answer.
    Daniel Craig just said: "I'd rather love shagging one of the Bond girl actresses on set!"
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I feel like all the press and marketing would go away from 'Logan Lucky' and turn into a B25 questionnaire, which they may want to avoid.
    Precisely why I think Craig was absent from the announcement a few weeks back.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Precisely why I think Craig was absent from the announcement a few weeks back.

Very well could be. I'm sure whether they named him during the announcement or not, he was going to be getting Bond questions thrown his way either way.
    EDIT: I really wonder if there has been some tension and politics behind the scenes. Something tells me there has been.

I've looked back on a couple of interviews I copied around the release of SPECTRE but Craig only mentions a fall out with Mendes during Skyfall but they worked through it as personal friends.

I didn't make a note of the website\publisher when I copied the interview below...but it came after the slashing his wrist comments and demonstrate his wish to carry on...

These films are such a huge commitment, why would you want to do more?

Money! No, I love playing him. It’s an honour to play him, I get such a big kick out of doing it

What do you love most about him?
    His inner conflict. It’s about, when he’s knocked down, how he gets up. He takes a lot of battering and so he should, he’s an agent. But it’s how he stands up against adversity because he’s one against many.

I was impressed by the one against many comment. The Fleming Bond certainly gets a lot of battering but still brings down the enemy in the end without the cavalry. It's why I admire the Bond of the novels and it's gratifying that Craig gets it too.