No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Given how exhausted he seems after shooting one of these, I'd also be shocked if he signed on for another two, back-to-back or not.

He has also claimed to have wanted out from the moment he signed up. SP presents the perfect opportunity to walk away, and allow some fresh blood to be injected into the role.
    That's very true. My gut tells me he's done but all the stories out there contradict that. Confusing. The only reason he would come back (imho) is if it's to help Babs. I sincerely feel he's moved on from this role.

Regarding 'back to back': as I mentioned earlier, that's not what this is necessarily about. It could just be a commitment to a forthcoming two picture interconnected duology. They don't have to be filmed together.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Given how exhausted he seems after shooting one of these, I'd also be shocked if he signed on for another two, back-to-back or not.

He has also claimed to have wanted out from the moment he signed up. SP presents the perfect opportunity to walk away, and allow some fresh blood to be injected into the role.

Precisely.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Craig's been playing that game for years. Remember after QOS he said he wanted out since CR? It's nothing new folks.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    bondjames wrote: »

That's very true. My gut tells me he's done but all the stories out there contradict that. Confusing. The only reason he would come back (imho) is if it's to help Babs. I sincerely feel he's moved on from this role.

Regarding 'back to back': as I mentioned earlier, that's not what this is necessarily about. It could just be a commitment to a forthcoming two picture interconnected duology. They don't have to be filmed together.
    You're delusional.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Well now he has the opportunity to follow through with that.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Craig's been playing that game for years. Remember after QOS he said he wanted out since CR? It's nothing new folks.

Kinda contradicts the narrative that Craig is a straight shooter.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,187
    Well now he has the opportunity to follow through with that.
    LikebI said many times before wait till late August. The news announcement will follow shortly.

edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883

You're delusional.
    Surely we're all entitled to our wishes and hopes on a speculation thread, in lieu of hard facts. We can't all be clandestinely 'in the know' now can we?

Why don't you enlighten us. Is this a back to back? Is it Sony again? Come on, don't hold back now.

You're delusional.
    Surely we're all entitled to our wishes and hopes, in lieu of hard facts. We can't all be clandestinely 'in the know' now can we?

Why don't you enlighten us. Is this a back to back? Is it Sony again? Come on, don't hold back now.
    Warner Brothers and Yann Demange will be directing.

You're delusional.
    Surely we're all entitled to our wishes and hopes, in lieu of hard facts. We can't all be clandestinely 'in the know' now can we?

Thank you. I appreciate that.
    Murdock wrote: »

Kinda contradicts the narrative that Craig is a straight shooter.

I don't follow people's narratives.

You're delusional.

You're welcome, would you like the title next or plot?

I don't believe DC has signed a 2 picture deal. I stand by my original belief that he will do Bond 25 and then step down. Seriously cannot ever see Moore's official 7 movies ever being beaten.

You're delusional.

The title and plot were already revealed a few days back here weren't they (shortly after the Warner/Demange leaks)? Looking forward to your confirmation on that too of course.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2017 Posts: 10,586
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I don't believe DC has signed a 2 picture deal. I stand by my original belief that he will do Bond 25 and then step down. Seriously cannot ever see Moore's official 7 movies ever being beaten.
    Given that they're hammering out these movies at a rate of half the speed of smell, you're probably right!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

You're delusional.

The title and plot were already revealed a few days back here weren't they (shortly after the Warner/Demange leaks)? Looking forward to your confirmation on that too of course.
    He's definitely trolling, mate. If you're referring to the whole Shatterhand debacle, that has been debunked.
    jake24 wrote: »

You're delusional.

He's definitely trolling, mate. If you're referring to the whole Shatterhand debacle, that has been debunked.
    I know. Just playing along, and looking forward to the announcement whenever that may be (I'm not holding my breath for August/September).

You're delusional.

I know. Just playing along, and looking forward to the announcement whenever that may be (I'm not holding my breath for August/September).
    Ah, phew!

You're delusional.

Correct. The only firm things I know are that Craig is doing 2 more back to back and an announcement for late August early September.
    Craig will be Bond in Bond 25
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Apparently.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I kinda hope so. I don't want the next era of Bond in the hands of P+W. As long as WB gets distribution, that sets us up for a Nolan Bond film in future. I'll be happy with that.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    @timmer , here's a thread I put up a few years back that includes usage of the short story titles and plot points in the films (though the main focus is on the novels):

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/8785/which-film-adaptations-are-the-most-faithful-to-the-fleming-novel-or-short-story/p1

You'll note that a bit of 007 IN NEW YORK was used at the end of QOS.

What's the connection with 007 on NY?
    I'd have to do refresh read?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    timmer wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    @timmer , here's a thread I put up a few years back that includes usage of the short story titles and plot points in the films (though the main focus is on the novels):

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/8785/which-film-adaptations-are-the-most-faithful-to-the-fleming-novel-or-short-story/p1

You'll note that a bit of 007 IN NEW YORK was used at the end of QOS.

What's the connection with 007 on NY?
    I'd have to do refresh read?
    Bond tracking down a woman (Solange) and telling her that her boyfriend is dragging her into a honeypot and/or is a double agent.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    He's not tracking down Solange, Solange is a separate woman he plans to meet with while in New York. The target of the assignment is unnamed I think.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I really do need to revisit that short story.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    shamanimal wrote: »
    I have to ask .. why is everyone talking about Madelaine Swan coming back? In almost all the other Bond films he ends up with a girl, who is gone by the next movie without explanation. Why couldn't the happen in the next one?

Because the Criag films are unique. They have tied themselves into a knot of shitty continuity
    Knots can be undone.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Not only will we get news late August, we will also know if Quantum is full of it. ;)
    I've got a few contacts myself but they're not high enough to know much yet, or so they say. Hmm maybe time to get some better leakers. Will contact the WH.