Game of Thrones (2011 - 19)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,368
    Ollena never leaves a room without one-upping someone. Incredible actress playing an incredible character.

EDIT: Ten new photos from S7E4, titled 'The Spoils of War':

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/02/10-new-photos-from-game-of-thrones-season-7-the-spoils-of-war
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just watched this week's episode it's all building up well, some excellent scenes and character moments in S7 E3.
    Beware spoilers, as this Sunday's episode has already leaked online.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Beware spoilers, as this Sunday's episode has already leaked online.

I noticed a leak on Youtube, thankfully I averted my eyes quick enough away from the thumbnail. GoT is a show I never read about full stop if I can help it.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I'll never understand why people love spoilers. I'd much rather enjoy it as I watch it unfold on screen.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Damn, episode 4 was GLORIOUS! That's all I gotta say about that.
    Absolutely loving GoT. Fantastic cast and show.

I must say, spoilers have never bothered me that much. Maybe it's got something to do with the way we used to attend movies in the cinemas when I was growing up: arriving sometimes halfway through a movie, seeing the end before having watched the beginning at the next showing. All arse about front. Secondly, I can pretty much guess correctly which way a story is going to go by all the foreshadowing. Something that GoT does a lot of. If it's a movie based upon a book then chances are I've read the book and already know the conclusion so no harm done. For that matter, very few movies deliver a surprise or a shock that I can't see coming a mile off. I honestly think that if spoilers upset people so much, then they should stay clear of the internet, or any other forms of literature, until they've seen the show that they want to see first.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'm with @bondsum spoilers don't bother me much, I can definitely say reading spoilers has never spoiled any film or book for me because in the end of the day it's always different watching the actual end result from reading about it. Besides, I'm almost pathologically curious, that's why I became a scientist, because I need to know.
    I'll never understand why people love spoilers. I'd much rather enjoy it as I watch it unfold on screen.

Likewise I like to watch something and emotionally respond and be surprised in the moment, if I know whats going to happen it ruins the experience for me.
    When a show/film is predominantly based on source material spoilers don't mean much because it's technically already out there. However, what's truly paramount source material or none, is the execution. As long as the delivery of what's unfolding is on point then there's very little to complain about.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Tons of ex Bond talent in the series. One of my personal choices for Bond himself too, Richard Madden.
    Don't worry, folks, I'd never stoop so low as to post spoilers, certainly not for GoT. I'm just giving you a different perspective on why it doesn't ruin the experience for me, and clearly others too. I happen to get my own enjoyment from the execution of the story, the way it's been visually presented, which is pretty much what @doubleoego said in his post. Did you know, it was Alfred Hitchcock that started all this avoiding spoilers with his Psycho movie? It was also the first movie whereby if you weren't seated at the start of the movie, you were denied entry.

I've just seen Episode 4 and I personally loved it.
    So far the
    reunion of the Stark siblings has been underwhelming apart from Sansa and John's. I get Bran as he's messed up somewhat being the 3 AT but I was expecting something a bit more emotional with Arya and Sansa but the latter appeared to be a bit jealous of Arya after her training with Brienne. That was the only real issue I had with E4. I'm also glad Drogon didn't get killed. That would have been infuriatingly bad.
    Roadphill wrote: »
    Tons of ex Bond talent in the series. One of my personal choices for Bond himself too, Richard Madden.

The thing is without the beard he really looks like a kid.
    Jamie Jamie Jamie. What on earth were you thinking? Haha!
    I thought Richard Madden looked much better unshaven in GoT than her did clean-shaven in the Cinderella movie. A very good actor though, as is the majority of the GoT cast.

On a separate note, did anyone get Bran's line to Littlefinger? If you didn't, I'll post the reason below in a spoiler, even though it's not what I'd consider a real spoiler.

When Baelish Littlefinger says to Bran: "I imagine you've seen things most men wouldn't believe. To go through all of that and make your way home again only to find such chaos in the world, I can hardly imagine - " and Bran responds blankly: "Chaos is a ladder."
    Bran was quoting Baelish himself, who had the following exchange with Varys in season 3 episode 6, 'The Climb'. He was basically letting Littlefinger know he is wise to his games. My gut tells me Littlefinger doesn't have long for this world.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    bondsum wrote: »
    I thought Richard Madden looked much better unshaven in GoT than her did clean-shaven in the Cinderella movie. A very good actor though, as is the majority of the GoT cast.

On a separate note, did anyone get Bran's line to Littlefinger? If you didn't, I'll post the reason below in a spoiler, even though it's not what I'd consider a real spoiler.

When Baelish Littlefinger says to Bran: "I imagine you've seen things most men wouldn't believe. To go through all of that and make your way home again only to find such chaos in the world, I can hardly imagine - " and Bran responds blankly: "Chaos is a ladder."
    Bran was quoting Baelish himself, who had the following exchange with Varys in season 3 episode 6, 'The Climb'. He was basically letting Littlefinger know he is wise to his games. My gut tells me Littlefinger doesn't have long for this world.

Thank you! I wasn't sure what that was about. Makes much more sense now.
    Anyway, last nights episode was really good. I wasn't expecting...
    the battle at the end. Seeing the dragon wipe out so many soldiers was so satisfying.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,368
    @bondsum, very cool. I pride myself on catching a lot of these callbacks, of sorts, but I definitely missed that one. The line seemed to impact Littlefinger a great deal, so I had a feeling there was a hidden meaning to it.

I also enjoyed the "less vs. fewer" comment between Jon and Davos, the latter learning that from Stannis earlier on in the series.

Davos' "great heart" line about Missandei was rich, too.
    Jaw dropping end to this week's episode, amazing television.
    There aint nothing on TV or in cinema like GoT. This show is just too good.
    Just watched it. Loved it. I think since season 5 it's more fanfic than anything else but this season has been really good notwithstanding. Or at least enjoyable in its own right.
    Glad I could've been of some service @Creasy47 and @QsAssistant.

This show is truly a televisual event and I pity those that haven't watched it, or even refuse to do so.
    My God that was an intense battle....I wont say anything re spoilers but just wow wow and an extra big bloody WOW !!!!!!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    My God that was an intense battle....I wont say anything re spoilers but just wow wow and an extra big bloody WOW !!!!!!

After last season, I really didn't think Battle of the Bastards would be topped, but Sunday's episode did that with ease. Bronn is the man.
    My favourite character is Bronn. Its not good to get attached to characters in GOT with the high death count. How bad ass was he though in that battle " Come on ye f**ker!!"
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    My favourite character is Bronn. Its not good to get attached to characters in GOT with the high death count. How bad ass was he though in that battle " Come on ye f**ker!!"

One of the few to make it through since the first season, so I have high hopes that he can hold on a little bit longer. Him and Jorah are my favorites.

I enjoy how they highlighted Bronn's fear and doubt in that battle - the odds totally against him and you could see his fear, something we never get to witness.
    But he's dead wise. First to hear tbe enemy thundering towards them and telling Jamie to go as he knew they were buggered!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    But he's dead wise. First to hear tbe enemy thundering towards them and telling Jamie to go as he knew they were buggered!

He's always got a one-up on the competition, that's for sure. A highly skilled companion to have - will be interesting to see if he inevitably runs into Tyrion.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    The lastest episode was really fantastic, I must say. It's been a while since I've been on the edge of my chair (or my sofa) for an TV show.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @bondsum, very cool. I pride myself on catching a lot of these callbacks, of sorts, but I definitely missed that one. The line seemed to impact Littlefinger a great deal, so I had a feeling there was a hidden meaning to it.

I also enjoyed the "less vs. fewer" comment between Jon and Davos, the latter learning that from Stannis earlier on in the series.

Davos' "great heart" line about Missandei was rich, too.

The "great heart" line was about Danaerys ;)
    @Sandy, no, Jon's was. As they go further down the steps, Davos says something to the effect of "Speaking of 'great hearts,' Missandei of Naath."