No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Stop the whining and back on topic.
    "Yann Demange spotted at EON HQ; B25 won't be based on Never Dream of Dying"

So... how many pages do I need to scroll back to, to read up on this?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Murdock wrote: »
    This Nolan virus is spreading too fast. Come and get your dose of reality shots. ;)
    360742~nurse-holding-hypodermic-needle-posters.jpg
    I can help trafficking some of the supplies.
    Very skeptical about all these rumours. Although I'd like the idea of Shatterhand as the title. They seem to have a thing with titles of one word starting with S.
    This forums alone has been suggesting that title for some time. So, I wouldn't be surprised if it was lifted from here and strapped onto a fake news report.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Ultimately, the title matters little to the general audience, who can always ask to see "the new Bond." You could call it Flowers & Kisses and it would still sell tickets.
    echo wrote: »
    Ultimately, the title matters little to the general audience, who can always ask to see "the new Bond." You could call it Flowers & Kisses and it would still sell tickets.
    News Report:

Flowers And Kisses, the new James Bond film title.

Based on the novel Never Send Flowers by John Gardner. ;)

Now, can I get my 15 minutes of fame? Haha!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Shatterhand just doesnt have a bond feel to it, it sounds more like a benson book or something. I doubt this will be the title
  • Filming will begin late 2018

OMG. Where? Link??

Jesus calm down mate youre like Pavlov's dog hearing the dinner bell.

The film is realeased in 2019 so you don't have to be Woodward and Bernstein to surmise it will be filmed late 2018 into early 2019.

A few more scoops:

Post production will be done in mid to late 2019.
    The teaser trailer will be released in early to mid 2019.
    The poster will be released in mid to late 2019.

Fuck sake, can I be......excited and happy??? Man, want me to throw myself off a building?? If you say "Calm Down!" then the same goes for you. No reason to get irritated by someone's sincere excitement!

Well if if this statement of the obvious excites you I worry for your health when they actually cast anyone or the trailer is released.

You need to watch your blood pressure because I hear an announcement on who's doing the on set catering is due soon.

giphy.gif

Am I the only one who finds it amusing that at this point it's easier to predict the director of Bond 26 than who will direct Bond 25?

That is kind of mind-blowing and entirely true.

bondjames wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember when the title was announced last time. Was it about ten months prior?

Announced Dec. 4, 2014.
    One of the biggest *yawn* moments in the franchise's illustrious history imho. Hoping for something a little more inspired next time out.

"S P E C T R E"

Hesitant applause.

Mendes lethargically strolls out. "So there you have it...I couldn't possibly comment."

This Nolan virus is spreading too fast. Come and get your dose of reality shots. ;)
    360742~nurse-holding-hypodermic-needle-posters.jpg

There are worse diseases going round than the West Nolan Virus.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,165
    echo wrote: »
    News Report:

Flowers And Kisses, the new James Bond film title.

Based on the novel Never Send Flowers by John Gardner. ;)

Now, can I get my 15 minutes of fame? Haha!
    "Roses are red, violets are blue. He's got a license to kill, and he's coming for you!"
    Shatterhand just doesnt have a bond feel to it, it sounds more like a benson book or something. I doubt this will be the title
    More like a Gardner book (i.e. Brokenclaw).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Zekidk wrote: »
    "Yann Demange spotted at EON HQ; B25 won't be based on Never Dream of Dying"

So... how many pages do I need to scroll back to, to read up on this?
    Just go to page 1.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I can't see it being Shatterhand quite frankly, but then again if someone had told me they would call B24 Spectre I would have laughed in their face, so what do I know? Not much.
    Good thing it wasn't called Sceptre, misspelled so Spectre became something else (cough Lies and Dies cough!).
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I still think SPECTRE is a great title. It carries weight history and it is sharp. Sounds great when said aloud too. What do you want? to go back to the days of DEATH, DIE, KILL, LOVE, EVERs, DAYs and TOMORROWs? I mean half of the Brosnan titles were awful because of sophomoric attempts at poetic depth.

SP also has the double meaning, as M is looking on from beyond the grave.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,622
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Judge Rules MGM Must Face Lawsuit Over James Bond Box Set Missing Two Bond Films
    hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/judge-rejects-mgms-bid-toss-lawsuit-james-bond-box-set-missing-two-bond-films-1026846

Could this be the disruption that delays production, and leads to another soft reboot? Hehe unlikely, but it would be kinda funny if that happened.
    The plaintiff has a point in my view, strictly speaking. The judge made the right call.

I can't agree. The judge is only technically right. The plaintiff got what they paid for .
    This is a serious waste of court time.
    If I were to buy a "complete" set of say Dracula films, it would behoove me to research what I was actually getting, as I doubt the set would include all Dracula films.
    The judge need only instruct the seller to define clearer, what they are selling, so lazy buyers won't be inclined to waste court time.
    This is my IMO.
    The plaintiff strikes me as quite pathetic.

Buyer could have done the Google search to see what might be not included.
    This should have been tossed.
    The two films missing, as any Bond fan knows, are not part of this set.
    The two films are peripheral, produced independently, and not associated with this set

timmer wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Judge Rules MGM Must Face Lawsuit Over James Bond Box Set Missing Two Bond Films
    hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/judge-rejects-mgms-bid-toss-lawsuit-james-bond-box-set-missing-two-bond-films-1026846

Could this be the disruption that delays production, and leads to another soft reboot? Hehe unlikely, but it would be kinda funny if that happened.
    The plaintiff has a point in my view, strictly speaking. The judge made the right call.

I can't agree. The judge is only technically right. The plaintiff got what they paid for .
    This is a serious waste of court time.
    If I were to buy a complete set of say Dracula films, it would behoove me to research what I was actually getting, as I doubt the set would include all Dracula films.
    Buyer could have done the Google search to see what might be not included.
    This should have been tossed.
    The two films missing, as any Bond fan knows, are not part of this set.
    The two films are peripheral, produced independently, and not associated with this set

Good analogy. It's like buying a box set of the Hammer film Draculas that include seven with Christopher Lee, plus Brides of Dracula and Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires....then whining that the Coppola/Gary Oldman version isn't included in this set.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I really wish they had kept Dench out of SP. It was awkward and forced and tarnished her exit.

It was very shittly done with a 4 second cringey video of her. If they really wanted her back they should have made a flahback or something or maybe just refrenced her character
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I was happy with it.
    This forums alone has been suggesting that title for some time. So, I wouldn't be surprised if it was lifted from here and strapped onto a fake news report.

Do we really have that much influence? My personal bet would have been The Hildebrand Rarity. But I'd be happy with Shatterhand.
    Problem is the title would be burned in all of the German speaking areas of Europe.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 3,160
    Lots of speculation here. Nice. So let me try to understand this. They spent a lot of money requiring the rights to Blofeld and SPECTRE, made a movie about SPECTRE where Blofeld survives... and then suddenly Bond 25 is speculated to take an entirely different path? Shatterhand? Yet another crime syndicate? Hardly! Or am I missing something here.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 462
    I really wish they had kept Dench out of SP. It was awkward and forced and tarnished her exit.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I definitely think Judi's cameo was one of the film's highlights. Having not read any spoilers beforehand, it was a pleasant surprise to see it was her who "sent" Bond to Mexico. I also appreciate that the filmmakers have her dressed in the same exact clothes from the "think on your sins" scene in SF.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Worked for me.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Ludovico wrote: »

Do we really have that much influence? My personal bet would have been The Hildebrand Rarity. But I'd be happy with Shatterhand.
    Where do you think some writers these days get their film/book ideas? Anything available on the internet they get "inspired by" or actually steal from. And MI6 Community is the most popular James Bond forums site, so of course that's the first place they'd look.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I still think SPECTRE is a great title. It carries weight history and it is sharp. Sounds great when said aloud too. What do you want? to go back to the days of DEATH, DIE, KILL, LOVE, EVERs, DAYs and TOMORROWs? I mean half of the Brosnan titles were awful because of sophomoric attempts at poetic depth.
    I'm afraid I can't agree. I found it lazy & uninspired. I agree on the Brosnan era entry titles being pathetic, but that is more on account of a lack of creativity.

I doubt we'll see many of those multi-word or cryptic titles going forward after Quantum of Solace confused a few people anyway. It's probably another tradition that will die on account of Austin Powers.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    GoldenEye and The World is Not Enough are fantastic titles.
    Yes they were. Those were Fleming derived. The other two weren't & they were the uninspired ones imho. I should have clarified that.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 6,844

They are both, and both born of Fleming. I'm sure @bondjames was referring to Tomorrow Never Dies and Die Another Day. I agree about the latter, but like the former because of its play on the Tomorrow newspaper (and unlike others, I don't necessarily think I would have liked Tomorrow Never Lies more). I also found Spectre disappointing. Was hoping for something much more original and evocative. I would have had the exact same reaction had the film been called "Blofeld."

Edit: and I was right!