No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Perhaps a Nolan appreciate thread required. I can't see him direct a Craig Bond film. If he is to step in it will be a total reboot with his own leading man.
    Fully agreed and that is the way it should be. If it's Nolan he will control the vision. Not the lead actor.
    Yes and I look forward to it - in 5 or 6 years
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I know a lot of people credit Fiennes with objecting to M being the mole in the early draft of SP. I'm not one of them because I think even though 'M as mole' would have been predictable, it would have avoided the requirement for that loser 'C' and may have resulted in some decent face to face scenes between Fiennes and Waltz.

What I'm curious to know is what did co-producer Craig have to say about that or 'brother' or the rest of it? He certainly was quite involved in this whole thing. Is there anything written anywhere about what Craig objected to?

Just curious.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,756
    Getafix wrote: »
    Dangerous radicalism!

This is the kind of irresponsible attitude that gave us Brexit and Trump.

I am a small c conservative of the 'if it ain't broke' school of thought.

While I can see that some might argue Bond is broke (taking it a bit far IMO), I am not convinced anyone at EON has the tools or energy to fix it.

So best to stick with the best Bond in two decades IMO.

Tinkering by Babs and Purvis and Wade will only lead to more serious engine failure.

If it ain't broke, it's boring. EON should be looking to continuously improve. CR was one of the best Bond films, it broke the mold. That's what helps Bond survive.

Pierce's movies post-Goldeneye and Spectre are lackluster, because when you rely too much on formula and "the way things used to be" you end up with a self-parody which was Spectre and DAD. That's why Austin Powers was so successful, it reflected people's sediments on the Bond films at the time.

Whatever Bond does next, it needs to be fresh. But knowing how sentimental Babs gets, I'm ready for disappointment. So I partially agree and disagree.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 5,185
    Nolan reaffirming once more that he would be on board if EoN ever wants him.

(22:44)

even though i have some reservations about him (for Bond), i almost feel like it's inevitable that he'll do it at some point

but for gods sake, let us have some fun and straight forward Bond Movies before he takes over
    Having just rewatched TWINE again last week, I have to say I'm a fan, too, but Denise Richards' delivery leaves something to be desired at times.

Watched Sicario yesterday to check out Villeneuve. He would definitely make an interesting Bond, but I don't see it happening with all his other commitments. You never know, though. I would be happy to see Deakins return with him. Not a fan of scores that drone, so I would hope that would mean no Zimmer or Johannsson.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117
    00Agent wrote: »

even though i have some reservations about him (for Bond), i almost feel like it's inevitable that he'll do it at some point

but for gods sake, let us have some fun and straight forward Bond Movies before he takes over

Interesting that he references the 70's Bonds. Everyone's assuming a Nolan Bond would simply be more SF but perhaps he's imagining an extravagant Roger style romp?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Interesting that he references the 70's Bonds. Everyone's assuming a Nolan Bond would simply be more SF but perhaps he's imagining an extravagant Roger style romp?

That's because people make the easiest connection possible and run with it.

BTW, does anyone else think its strange we haven't had a follow up announcement yet?

That's because people make the easiest connection possible and run with it.

BTW, does anyone else think its strange we haven't had a follow up announcement yet?
    I'm still watching the interview. Fascinating stuff and he's obviously a very detail oriented man. His discussion of the technicalities of film vs. digital was especially interesting.

Regarding 70's Bond: that is precisely what I assumed (and mentioned a few weeks back) based firstly on his age and based secondly on what I could glean from his own films.

EDIT: The follow up announcement is apparently expected in late Aug/early Sep.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
  • RC7RC7
    Filming will begin late 2018

OMG. Where? Link??

Jesus calm down mate youre like Pavlov's dog hearing the dinner bell.

The film is realeased in 2019 so you don't have to be Woodward and Bernstein to surmise it will be filmed late 2018 into early 2019.

A few more scoops:

Post production will be done in mid to late 2019.
    The teaser trailer will be released in early to mid 2019.
    The poster will be released in mid to late 2019.

Fuck sake, can I be......excited and happy??? Man, want me to throw myself off a building?? If you say "Calm Down!" then the same goes for you. No reason to get irritated by someone's sincere excitement!

Well if if this statement of the obvious excites you I worry for your health when they actually cast anyone or the trailer is released.

You need to watch your blood pressure because I hear an announcement on who's doing the on set catering is due soon.
    With the result that was SP (which I was very excited about prior to the release), I think I'm going to approach B25 with much less excitement. Rather be positively surprised at the cinema. Still, following the production over the next two years is going to be interesting.

Absolutely. The lowness of expectation after SP and with the knowledge P&W are back means going in one can only be pleasantly surprised.
    Can you refrain from being a twerp on this thread, starting about now? It seems that is the only type of posts you can make. Surely the mods have thought about banning you?

Unlikely. It was before your time, but Wiz was once voted one of the top 5 c***** on the board. I have to say I was delighted to finish above him, although I'm not convinced it was entirely deserved. In context this is rather polite. The mods don't ban sarcasm. Cheer up, old boy.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Judge Rules MGM Must Face Lawsuit Over James Bond Box Set Missing Two Bond Films
    hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/judge-rejects-mgms-bid-toss-lawsuit-james-bond-box-set-missing-two-bond-films-1026846

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Judge Rules MGM Must Face Lawsuit Over James Bond Box Set Missing Two Bond Films
    hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/judge-rejects-mgms-bid-toss-lawsuit-james-bond-box-set-missing-two-bond-films-1026846

Surely it doesn't take a Bond expert to be able to Google search some more information about the boxset. A ten second search would've told her everything she needed to know.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Christ this is the last thing MGM needs. :O
    RC7 wrote: »

OMG. Where? Link??

The film is realeased in 2019 so you don't have to be Woodward and Bernstein to surmise it will be filmed late 2018 into early 2019.

A few more scoops:

Fuck sake, can I be......excited and happy??? Man, want me to throw myself off a building?? If you say "Calm Down!" then the same goes for you. No reason to get irritated by someone's sincere excitement!

Well if if this statement of the obvious excites you I worry for your health when they actually cast anyone or the trailer is released.

You need to watch your blood pressure because I hear an announcement on who's doing the on set catering is due soon.
    With the result that was SP (which I was very excited about prior to the release), I think I'm going to approach B25 with much less excitement. Rather be positively surprised at the cinema. Still, following the production over the next two years is going to be interesting.

Absolutely. The lowness of expectation after SP and with the knowledge P&W are back means going in one can only be pleasantly surprised.
    Can you refrain from being a twerp on this thread, starting about now? It seems that is the only type of posts you can make. Surely the mods have thought about banning you?

Unlikely. It was before your time, but Wiz was once voted one of the top 5 c***** on the board. I have to say I was delighted to finish above him, although I'm not convinced it was entirely deserved. In context this is rather polite. The mods don't ban sarcasm. Cheer up, old boy.

Can't remember who won, just the crushing disappointment that it was neither of us. Pretty sure that was underserved too.

Could this be the disruption that delays production, and leads to another soft reboot? Hehe unlikely, but it would be kinda funny if that happened.

Could this be the disruption that delays production, and leads to another soft reboot? Hehe unlikely, but it would be kinda funny if that happened.
    The plaintiff has a point in my view, strictly speaking. The judge made the right call.
    bondjames wrote: »

The plaintiff has a point in my view, strictly speaking. The judge made the right call.

So they can't start production until this is sorted? I have no idea about this stuff. It would be funny if something like this ended up disrupting production somehow.
    She could have found both films at Dollar General for 3 dollars each. That's where I got my copies of NSNA and CR67. What a waste of court time. This better not delay Bond 25.
    I didn't read anywhere that it would disrupt production on B25. It's an independent matter and involves Fox Home Video as well.

This is just about alleged false and misleading advertising. That's all.
    Given MGM's recent flops and other instability issues in the past this is the last thing the company needs.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I didn't read anywhere that it would disrupt production on B25. It's an independent matter and involves Fox Home Video as well.

This is just about alleged false and misleading advertising. That's all.

This, definitely not something that will stall production.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117

Absolutely. Say some granny buys the box set for her grandson's birthday and his favourite Bond film is NSNA (having been on here for so many years and experienced all manner of Bond lunacy out there I'm sure such a person exists) then the poor lad would have been mightily disappointed.

The general public can't be expected to know the difference between an EON produced film and a Feldman or Mclory produced film. When it says 'all the Bond films' they quite reasonably can expect all the Bond films.

Open and shut case frankly.

The only grey area is where does the law stand on CR54 as that was a TV production so not strictly a film?
    The only grey area is where does the law stand on CR54 as that was a TV production so not strictly a film?

It usually comes included with CR67 as a bonus feature.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

OMG. Where? Link??

A few more scoops:

Can't remember who won, just the crushing disappointment that it was neither of us. Pretty sure that was underserved too.

It was certainly a left field winner. Echoes of the Leicester title win, if Leicester had been shit.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    He's far to artsy and serious for a franchise that ought to be a pleasure trip.

Movies of The Dark Knight trilogy and Inception were exactly as serious as a great Bond movie should be.
    You mean confusing Rubik's Cube that tries to be a genius when it isn't.

Yes, Nolan is overrated. And don't get me started on the endless Interstellar.
    echo wrote: »

Movies of The Dark Knight trilogy and Inception were exactly as serious as a great Bond movie should be.

Interstellar was the turning point. You'll notice how Nolan's films got longer and more ambitious over time, then suddenly shrunk back to under 2 hrs? He's had a realisation, and it forced him to innovate. I believe him when he says we have only scratched the surface of what cinema has to offer. Dunkirk proves it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    echo wrote: »

Thank you!
    This Nolan virus is spreading too fast. Come and get your dose of reality shots. ;)
    360742~nurse-holding-hypodermic-needle-posters.jpg