No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain this has something to do with Dan.

If that's the case, then presumably he wont be promoting 'Kings' either.
    Given an announcement doesn't surface between the two films, it's quite possible.
    If true that's a big blow to LL and Kings financiers not to have it's biggest star promoting it.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    TR007 wrote: »
    If true that's a big blow to LL and Kings financiers not to have it's biggest star promoting it.

It might be part of Soderbergh's experimental release plan for LL.
    I don't think it has to do with DC. After all, there are others, who could press tour. The story with the writer existing yes or no might be an interesting PR on its on. Touring doesn't help that much. It never helped a bad film, so this might fly on its 100 RT bonus (so far) all by its own
  • TR007 wrote: »

He's not the star of the film or the biggest star in it.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    We might not be hearing from DC as much as we thought. According to The Hollywood Reporter, there is no press junket planned for 'Logan Lucky'.

"Logan Lucky reviewers did not receive a press kit, which typically highlights the back story of key participants in a project, and only were given a bare-bones list of credits as they appear in the film. Also unusual, there is no press junket planned, despite the fact that the film is receiving a wide release on Aug. 18 and features a high-profile cast of movie stars that also includes Katherine Waterston, Riley Keough, Katie Holmes, Seth MacFarlane and Hilary Swank.

A representative for Bleecker Street, the company that is releasing the film, declined comment.
    This was always going to happen if you just do your research.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    TR007 wrote: »

You think Channing Tatum is more famous than Dan?
    TripAces wrote: »
    Of those three: Villeneuve. Please.

I'd love it but he's too busy and maybe too associated with other franchises now.
    Villeneuve would be a great choice. Surprised they havent approached any of the action directors like Gareth 'The Raid' Edwards, or Edgar Wright. The car chases in his new film Baby Driver would stand him in good stead.
  • TR007 wrote: »

You think Channing Tatum is more famous than Dan?

Sadly yes. At least a more bankable star.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    He's not more bankable in Bond films.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Quick question regarding the thread:

I'm attempting to give the front page a bit of a facelift by color coding. Any thoughts on how I should go about doing this? I've started by bolding each piece of "official" news (you'll notice the single bolded news item under July 2017).
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 386
    Sorry wrong thread
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    FWIW, Yann Demange had tapped David Holmes (also a frequent composer for Steven Soderbergh) for the music for '71. I don't know if he is doing the music for White Boy Rick. But Holmes would be a solid choice for the music for a Bond film. No problems there, for me.
    Hoping Arnold would make a come back, A Bond score in all its glory .
    QuantumArt wrote: »

Hey hello! Welcome newbie ;-).

Personally, I hope they go for Daniel Pemberton.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,043
    David Holmes would be a great choice, his Lets Get Killed album is a classic and has a great JB theme arrangement on there, plus his score for the Oceans films are good.

I'll settle for DA back but if Holmes got the gig that would be much more exciting.

Pemberton would be really great. U.N.C.L.E and The Game were both brilliant.

I used to frequent this forum 5 years back. No newbie haha. Glad to see you still around Gustav
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I'm attempting to give the front page a bit of a facelift by color coding. Any thoughts on how I should go about doing this? I've started by bolding each piece of "official" news (you'll notice the single bolded news item under July 2017).

Green-official
    Yellow or orange-uncertain
    Red-debunked
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Green-official
    Red-debunked

I like it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Holmes would be a great choice; His Oceans 13 soundtrack is in heavy rotation in my Jeep.
    Great idea, @Thundy.

Green-official
    Red-debunked

Yes- good idea.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I am not familiar with Demange or Mackenzie (though I've seen Hell or High Water), but know Villeneuve's work quite well. The latter can scale up or down, do realistic or high art grand.

If these three really are the finalists for the director's chair, can we glean what direction EON is headed in with the next film? I'm surmising that it will be more down to earth and gritty. Thoughts?
    ---

Also, regarding no press junket for Logan Lucky, does that mean anything? How irregular or regular is this in the industry? It applies to all the actors I'm surmising? Presumably they can still go on talk shows and promote themselves.

Given Kings is having its premiere at the Toronto Film Festival, I am assuming that some press will have to be done there.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dennison wrote: »
    @001 @Germanlady is a valued member of the forum, please don't whine at her.

Seconded.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 10,586

Green-official
    Red-debunked
    Do you think previous comments from the regulars/Mendes should be separate?

Not sure what to do with items like this:

"Daniel Craig confirms in an interview he has no plans for the next 2 years, but is considering some theater work in NY, opening up the possibility for another 3 year gap."
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Hmm, that can be interpreted a number of ways.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2017 Posts: 11,139

I wouldn't be mad if Arnold came back but this is kind of the problem I have with EoN and many Bond fans for the most part, the inability to move on. It's always bring Brosnan back, bring Arnold back and EoN keep bringing back P + W despite them having supposedly "moved on" after SF only to be brought back again for the SP. Things will never progress creatively if more effort isn't put into looking at new people. Fortunately the apparent director shortlist imo is the best piece of news for a Bond film in years which as exciting as it is, is also quite sad. In any case the Bond films going forward are in desperate need of being overhauled. Respect the legacy and make worthy successor films that remind audiences why Bond is THE business in the first place.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Green-official
    Red-debunked
    Do you think previous comments from the regulars/Mendes should be separate?

Not sure what to do with items like this:

"Daniel Craig confirms in an interview he has no plans for the next 2 years, but is considering some theater work in NY, opening up the possibility for another 3 year gap."

I wouldn't count it as official news since actors and the like don't often give useful information in interviews, and are usually very nonspecific and vague. I wouldn't necessarily class it as uncertain either. I say leave such info in plain text.