No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

If Villeneuve bags it...I'm salivating over the prospect of a Jóhann Jóhannsson Bond score. Even though it'd be absolute blasphemy to most of you guys lol
    antovolk wrote: »
    If Villeneuve bags it...I'm salivating over the prospect of a Jóhann Jóhannsson Bond score. Even though it'd be absolute blasphemy to most of you guys lol

I didn't even think of that! He's awesome.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    antovolk wrote: »

Definitely not blasphemy to me, just the opposite! I'd welcome that score with open arms, would love to see what he does with it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm just glad to not see Mendes' name as a potential candidate. I'll check out Demange's work but Villeneuve would be a massive coup. We need a cosmic sized shakeup with this series.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I'm just glad to not see Mendes' name as a potential candidate. I'll check out Demange's work but Villeneuve would be a massive coup. We need a cosmic sized shakeup with this series.

That we do, but it ain't gonna be with Bond 25.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I figured as much with P+W back on writing duties. I really hope the cast and crew are revealed to be exciting and special enough to counter that unfortunate fundimental mistake EoN repeatedly keep making.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Villeneuve and then a Nolan trilogy?

Where do I sign up?
    Oh I'd love Denis Villeneuve! Great director and fellow Quebecois.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    The article also states that they've known for months that Craig would return to finish out his deal with another film.

If they knew it, why didn't they report it before The New York Times did?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Villeneuve and then a Nolan trilogy?

Where do I sign up?

Count me in.
  • RC7RC7
    I'd prefer Demange to Villeneuve.
    I ll go with Demange too. Seems a better storyteller, whereas Villeneuve is better at visuals (except for Prisoners which is one of the best crime thrillers ever)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Agreed. Must wait for the changeover for that. I'm really curious, new director or not, how they make this next one interesting with Craig and his baggage reportedly in tow. P&W are going to have to surpass themselves. I wish them luck but am really more interested in what comes after the next one.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Folks seem to be getting ahead of themselves, given the rumour is that Demange is the front runner. I have no idea who he is but I'm curious. It reminds me of when Campbell succeeded Glen all those years ago. A new name finally.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I couldn't care less which of the three is chosen at the end of the day. They're all infinitely better than Mendes returning for a third, that's for damn sure.
    Plus, we 've already had a Deakins-shot Bond
    If this alleged list is correct? How soon do we think an announcement on who will be the Director will be announced?
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »

Agreed. Must wait for the changeover for that. I'm really curious, new director or not, how they make this next one interesting with Craig and his baggage reportedly in tow. P&W are going to have to surpass themselves. I wish them luck but am really more interested in what comes after the next one.
    Folks seem to be getting ahead of themselves, given the rumour is that Demange is the front runner. I have no idea who he is but I'm curious. It reminds me of when Campbell succeeded Glen all those years ago. A new name finally.

I'm surprised but delighted. He was the first name I highlighted post-Mendes. Didn't think he'd genuinely be in with a shot. The guy would deliver - no frills.

I'm surprised but delighted. He was the first name I highlighted post-Mendes. Didn't think he'd genuinely be in with a shot. The guy would deliver - no frills.
    I must check out his work pronto.
    Isn't Denis Villeneuve busy with Dune anyway? I'd rather see him do Bond 25, mind you.
    Just as excited for Dune as I am B25.

Maybe DV will be finished with that by the time production starts?

Seems like the sort of film you'd be doing a year of post-production on though.
    I say no to villevue. Prisoners was good but I never cared for any of his other work. We're getting a workmanlike director next imo. if it's Craig they'll still be drama though.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I was happy to except McGuigan if it meant no Mendes but Demange is far more exciting as is McKenzie.

Like I said in my last post Villeneuve is tackling a new adaptation of Dune as much as I'd love to see him direct an entry, also McKenzie is no slouch.

WB being the front runner sounds intriguing, maybe the deal is that they partner up for this one but will get first refusal if BB & MGW are selling their share of EON on.

WB are the studio and they do sell Nolan's involvement is pretty much a forgone conclusion.

I can't see anyone more suitable who is with that studio to be involved in ushering in a new era of Bond with a new studio in control.

We just need to hope P&W have good enough treatment that a proper talented writer can flesh out and add some class.

GetCarter wrote: »

Don't see that happening with Dune. Too big a project in itself.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 4,619
    Wow, things are suddenly moving very quickly. I'm liking all three choices, and all these 3 directors are FAR superior to McGuigan. Villeneuve is obviously the best of the three, but I don't think it will be him and that's OK. I have been saying Yann Demange would be a great choice for ages, so I would be very happy with him directing Craig's final Bond.
    . We need a cosmic sized shakeup with this series.
    Patience, my friend. The shakeup will happen with Bond 26 (directed by Christopher Nolan).
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Why are some people so certain that Nolan will ever direct a Bond film? It's a possibility, but who knows?

This much discussion about him makes me feel like this is a Christopher Nolan message board. I'm not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't talk about, but it is becoming a bit tiresome, really. Even more tiresome than Aidan Turner's promotion.

I hope when Bond 25 director gets announced, these Nolan talks will be put on pause for a while.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Why are some people so certain that Nolan will ever direct a Bond film? It's a possibility, but who knows?

This much discussion about him makes me feel like this is a Christopher Nolan message board. I'm not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't talk about, but it is becoming a bit tiresome, really. Even more tiresome than Aidan Turner's promotion.

I hope when Bond 25 director gets announced, these Nolan talks will be put on pause for a while.
    Things go in phases here while we endure the four year wait. It will die down yes.

The reason it's a hot topic of discussion at the moment is because he is one of the best directors out there, has indicated an interest in the position, has actually talked with the producers in the past, & has a seriously excellent film in theatres at the moment.

Moreover, the previous Bond director aped his style on the biggest film EON has released in nearly 40 years, and went so far as to plagiarize his 'it was all me' connectivity angle for his final film as well.

There was also the recent 'IMDb Pro' matter and rumours of a possible sale of the franchise down the road, not to mention WB being noted today as a front runner for distribution rights.

So it's all quite understandable.

It will die down.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 4,619
    Why are some people so certain that Nolan will ever direct a Bond film? It's a possibility,
    No, it's much more than a possibility. Unless he dies prematurely, he WILL direct a Bond film, most likely Bond 26.
    It will die down.
    Not as long as I'm alive. ;)
    nikos78 wrote: »
    Well if one wants to stir up the succession rumors, both Demange and Mackenzie have made films with Jack O' Connell :p

Well, if you want to really stir up rumors, both Tom Hiddleston and Jack O'Connell were supposed to be in Mackenzie's Robert the Bruce film originally.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    It will die down.

I hope so. The way things are at the moment, I'm expecting a photo of Nolan to pop-up when I open this thread.

Ludovico wrote: »
    GetCarter wrote: »

Don't see that happening with Dune. Too big a project in itself.

Bigger than Blade Runner 2049? (Shooting started in July 2016, ended in November, and the movie is pretty much ready.) But I have no idea at what stage in development they are with Dune, doesn't seem to be starting shooting anytime soon, so that must mean there wouldn't be time to actually finish it before Bond25. It's not necessarily his next film, though.