Flagged Topics - UPDATED POST 6th June 2022

NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
edited June 2022 in MI6 Headlines & Feedback Posts: 7,567
Hi folks.

Apologies if another Mod has already brought this to your attention, but we are having technical issues with the flagging system, the content of a flagged post/topic is not pulling through, and therefore can't be viewed by the mods.

Until this is resolved it may be better to PM a mod with your issue, and tell us the topic in question, who has made the post and the page number. That way we can try and resolve it.

Apologies for this, and extra special apologies if this has already been discussed.

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Is this still a problem?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Afraid so...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    It must be the result of the last site upgrade which seems to have changed a few of the settings? For example, the emoticons are gone too.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Bumping this, and sorry again folks.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This is unforgivable! So many trolls needing herding, but how are we expected to stop it without the tools?

I'd flag the OP to let my voice be heard, but that's well done in, isn't it!! A PM will have to do!!!
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    This is unforgivable!

Easy tiger. We have reported the bug to the developers. We will be trying a patch in the next few days. Until then we appreciate your patience.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    MI6 wrote: »
    This is unforgivable!

Easy tiger. We have reported the bug to the developers. We will be trying a patch in the next few days. Until then we appreciate your patience.

@MI6, I was joking, wasn't being serious. I tried to make it more obvious by including increasing levels of exclamation points, but I probably should've included a sarcasm alert too as context or meaning gets lost. Apologies. ;)
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    Thank you Brady. Some people are prone to excessive exclamation points, even when being serious.

Our tech guys have installed the patch and prelim testing looks promising. If there's no hiccups in the next few days I'll consider it fixed, and close off this thread.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I think it's worth noting that I haven't seen any spam bots on this site in a while. No one trying to sell us lotion or "male enhancement" BS. So even with this glitch preventing the flagging of topics, the actual need to flag topics has gone way down. Good work @MI6
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, but The Wizard is still posting here.
    MI6 wrote: »
    Thank you Brady. Some people are prone to excessive exclamation points, even when being serious.

Our tech guys have installed the patch and prelim testing looks promising. If there's no hiccups in the next few days I'll consider it fixed, and close off this thread.

Sounds good. We all appreciate any behind the scenes operations.
    Hi.
    Just a heads up. Please, when you flag something you feel needs the attention of a moderator could you please make sure you include a full explanation of why the post is offensive. Believe it or not, it isn't always obvious.

Also, the flagging system isn't there for people's amusement.
    All mods have their sense of humour removed as soon as they are promoted.

Worth remembering.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited December 2021 Posts: 3,497
    NicNac wrote: »
    Hi.
    Just a heads up. Please, when you flag something you feel needs the attention of a moderator could you please make sure you include a full explanation of why the post is offensive. Believe it or not, it isn't always obvious.

Worth remembering.

This may be too much for a blunt instrument to understand, but arrogance and self-awareness seldom go hand in hand. ;)
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Hi.

Worth remembering.

This may be too much for a blunt instrument to understand, but arrogance and self-awareness seldom go hand in hand. ;)

Da dum chhhh !
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Hi.

Worth remembering.

Da dum chhhh !

:D
    FLAGGED TOPICS Update

In November 2021 I posted a request for anyone who feels the need to flag a post which breaches our terms and conditions, to provide a full explanation for why they have chosen to do so.

We are getting 'serial flaggers' who are flagging posts with one word explanations that are at best vague.

Please try and provide a proper explanation either at the point of flagging the post, or by PMing a mod. We do appreciate it.
    Iv been gone for a while but I’m back and sadly,there are still a few people here who troll and call me silly names for actually daring to suggest Indy 5 may not be good.I just got called a “ silly person “ in the Indy 5 thread.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    Iv been gone for a while but I’m back and sadly,there are still a few people here who troll and call me silly names for actually daring to suggest Indy 5 may not be good.I just got called a “ silly person “ in the Indy 5 thread.

As I understand the admins, go ahead and "flag" those who you feel insulted you and give an explanation, and someone will decide and do something. Of course there are a few trolls. And by the way, I myself count on Indy 5 being great. But that doesn't mean you're silly because of not believing that.

The rule i live by and it has served me well is this? Everyone is a movie and tv critic. The only one i listen too is myself. Whether it is from on here, in a film review magazine, or on the tv. I know what i like, but i am open to new things. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't.

But i prefer to decide the outcome myself. I have never looked back since! :-bd
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    OMG, I just realized that the five Indy films may map kind of closely to the five Craig films. First film the gold standard, second film darker, third film greatest hits, fourth film hot mess, fifth film ???
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    echo wrote: »
    OMG, I just realized that the five Indy films may map kind of closely to the five Craig films. First film the gold standard, second film darker, third film greatest hits, fourth film hot mess, fifth film ???

I know where you’re going with this, and I’m all for it, especially if it upsets people. Bring the chaos!

It seems that NTTD is indefinable. That fits very well.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dragonpol wrote: »

It isn't, it's just an excellent film with a highly controversial ending. AFAK, Indy isn't that, i heard very positive reviews. So much so, that my wife and I plan to go and see it.

Concearning the flagging, are serial flaggers not flaggable?
    edited July 2023 Posts: 17,727

It isn't, it's just an excellent film with a highly controversial ending. AFAK, Indy isn't that, i heard very positive reviews. So much so, that my wife and I plan to go and see it.

Concearning the flagging, are serial flaggers not flaggable?

Don't get me wrong. I think NTTD is an excellent film but I know that the ending was of course controversial for many fans also.

The problem with serial flaggers is that we (as ordinary members) don't know of their existence. Only the mods really know who the serial flaggers are, if they exist. I very rarely ever flag anything here unless it's an obvious troll account and I can't remember the last time I did that either.
    It isn't, it's just an excellent film with a highly controversial ending. AFAK, Indy isn't that, i heard very positive reviews.
    AFAK? Cursing is not allowed here. I'm afraid I'll have to flag your post.

The problem with serial flaggers is that we (as ordinary members) don't know of their existence. Only the mods really know who the serial flaggers are, if they exist. I very rarely ever flag anything here unless it's an obvious troll account and I can't remember the last time I did that either.
    Yeah, those unknown flaggers can be a real problem. Anyway, I'm going to flag your post so that I remember to read it in full when I have more time.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    It really hasn't been an issue of late. In fact I can only recall seeing one Flag over the past several weeks,
    mattjoes wrote: »
    It isn't, it's just an excellent film with a highly controversial ending. AFAK, Indy isn't that, i heard very positive reviews.
    AFAK? Cursing is not allowed here. I'm afraid I'll have to flag your post.

Yeah, those unknown flaggers can be a real problem. Anyway, I'm going to flag your post so that I remember to read it in full when I have more time.

Draggers has no time for flaggers.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

As I understand the admins, go ahead and "flag" those who you feel insulted you and give an explanation, and someone will decide and do something. Of course there are a few trolls. And by the way, I myself count on Indy 5 being great. But that doesn't mean you're silly because of not believing that.

Absolutely. Let us know via the flag system or PMs. We will take action if we deem it necessary.